[1.0.4] SciFi Shipyards [Discontinued]

StarVision

idk if you can help me or not but i am trying to get the SciFi Shipyard mod to work. When i go to start my game it crashs, when I remove it from the game data folder my game starts.. here is a list of what I have in my game data folder..

Bahasp

CrossFeedEnabler

Firespitter

Hydrogen NTRs

InstantPowerResonseConfigs

JSI

Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc

NASAmission

NearFutureConstruction

NearFutureElectrical

NearFuturePropulsion

NearFutureSolar

NearFutureSpacecraft

R&SCapsuledyne

ReduceClampSounds

SciFi

Squad

StarTrekImpulseDrive

TarsierSpaceTech

TreeLoader

ModuleManager.2.2.0.dll

any help would be awesome!

MY HERO!!!!!!

Qapla'

*Klingon salute

EDIT: I've been wanting to ask this for a while. Does The Phoenix have a warp drive modeled?

Im not sure what you mean by modeled, but it does have extendable nacelles, and KSPI support.

idk if you can help me or not but i am trying to get the SciFi Shipyard mod to work. When i go to start my game it crashs, when I remove it from the game data folder my game starts.. here is a list of what I have in my game data folder..

Bahasp

CrossFeedEnabler

Firespitter

Hydrogen NTRs

InstantPowerResonseConfigs

JSI

Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc

NASAmission

NearFutureConstruction

NearFutureElectrical

NearFuturePropulsion

NearFutureSolar

NearFutureSpacecraft

R&SCapsuledyne

ReduceClampSounds

SciFi

Squad

StarTrekImpulseDrive

TarsierSpaceTech

TreeLoader

ModuleManager.2.2.0.dll

any help would be awesome!

Well I just tried it on a stock install and it loads up fine (although sounds didn't seem to work). I noticed you have quite a few big mods, could it be you're running out of memory?

Also I'll have to either fix the plugin for sounds to work again or migrate to just using the firespitter plugin itself. I am planning something with propellers, so it may be a good idea anyways.

are there craft files for Voyager? I got everything up and running and i can fly the Enterprise but voyager is in several pieces and is to large to build in the VAB. I would Love to fly voyager if anyone has a craft file where shes all together? or did i miss something stupid and mundane, cause i'm always doing that.

are there craft files for Voyager? I got everything up and running and i can fly the Enterprise but voyager is in several pieces and is to large to build in the VAB. I would Love to fly voyager if anyone has a craft file where shes all together? or did i miss something stupid and mundane, cause i'm always doing that.

Build it in the SPH, it's easy enough in there.

I tried in there as well but still wasn't able to get it together. The ship took up the whole hanger and i couldnt get an angle to be able to attach parts.

The Enterprise is beautiful though. So was the Phoenix.

Try the Hanger Extension Mod, it allows you to build outside the VAB or SPH. Also I'm pretty sure there is a craft file in the Voyager zip file, I may be mistake. However the Hanger Extension mod is a very good mod to have regardless.

• 3 weeks later...

Starvision,

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I now have a reason thanks to you, Sci-Fi Shipyards and KASA's new IXS to just create a sandbox and go play in it.

Why is it that almost everyone here hates the new Star Trek movies/ships? The new Enterprise blows the other one out of the water (literally and visually), the Vengeance looks and is bad***. What some guys need to come to terms with is: it's Abrams' reboot, let him do what he wants. So far, he's done well. Just because the new ships don't fit into scale with their predecessors doesn't mean they should be completely disregarded. He (Abrams) started his reboot with a paradox that completely and totally changed the course of ST history, so don't be surprised if he goes completely off of the beaten track. He's not trying to amend to the previous generation, he's trying to present an old, worn out story for the new generation to enjoy, which requires massive changes. Also, rewritten star trek is better than no star trek.

[hijack][tangentalSoapbox]

There is no coming to terms with the fact that JJ didn't care about ST to begin with; he had never even watched a TOS episode. The "reboot" was b-reel for his SW aspiration (which evidently succeeded). Presenting "an old, worn-out story for a new generation" (which Star Trek is FAAAAAAAAAAR from old and worn-out) does NOT require massive changes. It requires thoughtful changes, the likes of which Kurtzman and Orci apparently find abhorrent. (Don't get me started about the multiplicity of canon errors OUTSIDE temporal diversion presented in the reboot.)

A PROPERLY rewritten Star Trek would have been far better then the schmaltz we were given. It definitely would have set a better stage for a better story than ITD. They should have received a Golden Raspberry for 2009. For this alone, Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci should be banned from ever penning another Star Trek story.

IF you want to discuss this further, open another post and tell me why and how the reboot is superior. If your arguments are sound enough, I won't be able to poke holes in them the likes of which Sulu wouldn't even have to look to pilot Excelsior through.

[/tangentalSoapbox][/hijack]

Starvision,

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I now have a reason thanks to you, Sci-Fi Shipyards and KASA's new IXS to just create a sandbox and go play in it.

No problem, I enjoyed making these ships. Also I believe the IXS Enterprise is it's own mod, not bundled with KASA.

Also, would you mind making some stand-alone bridge-cockpits with IVA? There's a big need for them with all the big ships people are building, especially with the new super-huge B9 parts out. I think B9 is planning to add one bridge, but even then the selection is pretty slim and you seem to have a talent for these.

This is pretty neat, what's the Phoenix use for fuel?

Either xenon or warp plasma, I'm not sure what's in the current release. Regardless, it will be running on warp plasma in the next update.

Also, would you mind making some stand-alone bridge-cockpits with IVA? There's a big need for them with all the big ships people are building, especially with the new super-huge B9 parts out. I think B9 is planning to add one bridge, but even then the selection is pretty slim and you seem to have a talent for these.

I appreciate the comment, although I'm actually going to be moving on to other things after the next update, so I won't be making anything new for KSP. Maybe sometime in the future I'll get back to it.

Either xenon or warp plasma, I'm not sure what's in the current release. Regardless, it will be running on warp plasma in the next update.

I appreciate the comment, although I'm actually going to be moving on to other things after the next update, so I won't be making anything new for KSP. Maybe sometime in the future I'll get back to it.

there will be a next update?

Quick question... Are the folders for the Phoenix ship suppose to be empty? Because the zip I downloaded contains nothing but the .dll and the sound files but the part folders have nothing in them....

Edit: Oh and I'm guessing not because none of the parts show up and the pre-built ship won't load :P

Quick question... Are the folders for the Phoenix ship suppose to be empty? Because the zip I downloaded contains nothing but the .dll and the sound files but the part folders have nothing in them....

Edit: Oh and I'm guessing not because none of the parts show up and the pre-built ship won't load :P

I believe I know the problem. Last week I restored my computer, and since I have the Phoenix on dropbox, I didn't bother copying it somewhere else. I guess dropbox didn't get the whole file uploaded or something, because as you said, some parts of it are missing. Anyways, luckily I still had a copy somewhere else, and I've actually gone through it and cut 40MB off the size.

I won't bother re-uploading it now, because later this week I'll release the next big update, which includes the Phoenix. So just wait a bit and you'll have it in better condition than before.

I believe I know the problem. Last week I restored my computer, and since I have the Phoenix on dropbox, I didn't bother copying it somewhere else. I guess dropbox didn't get the whole file uploaded or something, because as you said, some parts of it are missing. Anyways, luckily I still had a copy somewhere else, and I've actually gone through it and cut 40MB off the size.

I won't bother re-uploading it now, because later this week I'll release the next big update, which includes the Phoenix. So just wait a bit and you'll have it in better condition than before.

Awesome! Thank you :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.