[1.0.4] SciFi Shipyards [Discontinued]

StarVision

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2015 at 5:25 PM, TheBat2000 said:

how do you install the mod. if you just drag in the file it gets rid of all the parts!! HELP ME PLEASE

Make sure you aren't creating another directory called Gamedata under Gamedata.  Like the install says make sure you are copying to the root KSP folder.

Unzip the file first!  This is from the readme inside:

----Installation----
Drag Contents of zip file into root ksp folder(KSP_Win, or Kerbal Space Program)
If you don't want a ship, simply delete it's folder within the SciFi folder(_Voyager, _Tardis, etc...).

If using BDArmory (for torpedo) or Tweakscale (for Phoenix), ModuleManager will (hopefully) apply patches to add extra functionality.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, bjornadri said:

could someone please takeover this mod and update it? it does not work anymore with the current version of KSP and this is one of my favorite mods... so seeing this mod abandoned just devastates me

The license for this mod is such that nobody can take it over without the OP's permission, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Red Iron Crown said:

The license for this mod is such that nobody can take it over without the OP's permission, unfortunately.

does anyone know the dev or has frequent contact with the dev? because maybe then it would continue....

• 3 weeks later...
On July 26, 2016 at 7:57 AM, bjornadri said:

does anyone know the dev or has frequent contact with the dev? because maybe then it would continue....

Last time I had contact with vision was about a year ago i truely do miss this mod.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10-6-2017 at 11:42 PM, Murdabenne said:

@StarVision If you have no plans to update or its simply too much work every mod author hits that sooner or later, perhaps a license change to something like an MIT (code) + CC by NC/SA (art) license, that way others can revive this mod and re-release it?

Yes! That!

11 hours ago, bjornadri said:

StarVision are yu just ignoring this thread or what?

Considering their last post was in 2015, it's safe to assume (until proven otherwise) they've left the KSP modding scene.
According to their profile, they were here last Sunday, but that could simply be to turn off forum notifications.

Your best bet would be to be patient and see if StarVision does return, or simply move on. Maybe some other Enterprising modder (get it? Because of Starfleet ships? Yeah?) will try their hand at a similar mod.

9 hours ago, Melfice said:

Considering their last post was in 2015, it's safe to assume (until proven otherwise) they've left the KSP modding scene.
According to their profile, they were here last Sunday, but that could simply be to turn off forum notifications.

Your best bet would be to be patient and see if StarVision does return, or simply move on. Maybe some other Enterprising modder (get it? Because of Starfleet ships? Yeah?) will try their hand at a similar mod.

i hope so... hate to see him go. he was an awesome modder...

On 6/10/2017 at 5:42 PM, Murdabenne said:

@StarVision If you have no plans to update or its simply too much work every mod author hits that sooner or later, perhaps a license change to something like an MIT (code) + CC by NC/SA (art) license, that way others can revive this mod and re-release it?

And yet another mod dies because of someone's ego.

God, I hate these restrictive licenses on mods

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

And yet another mod dies because of someone's ego.

God, I hate these restrictive licenses on mods

me too. i really hope @StarVision changes the licence. otherwise just love the licence and do it anyways since he is ignoring it and therefore simply does not care about this mod it seems. 

44 minutes ago, bjornadri said:

me too. i really hope @StarVision changes the licence. otherwise just love the licence and do it anyways since he is ignoring it and therefore simply does not care about this mod it seems. 

I can't "do it anyways", that would be violating the license.

I may not like it, but it IS the license, and I have to respect it.

Asking me to ignore it is asking me to break the law.

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I can't "do it anyways", that would be violating the license.

I may not like it, but it IS the license, and I have to respect it.

Asking me to ignore it is asking me to break the law.

i'm not asking you specifically to screw the license tho. i was joking.