[1.0.4] SciFi Shipyards [Discontinued]

StarVision

Super serious legal stuff

You are not allowed to distribute this mod or modify it unless given permission. You may however modify it for personal use as long as you don't distribute it.

Does anyone else find this amusing since the OP is blatantly using and distributing other peoples IP with out permission?

How?

He made all of the stuff that he's releasing?

whats IP(other than InternetProtocol)

Does anyone else find this amusing since the OP is blatantly using and distributing other peoples IP with out permission?

I guess technically not everything in the mod is my own, the textures aren't, and I've now credited them in the OP, which I should have done last night with the releases. Everything else is 100% mine. And If you're talking about the Tardis texture, then you'll find It's used everywhere, even in obscure 3rd party commercial products. Although I highly doubt that's what you were referring to.

I guess technically not everything in the mod is my own, the textures aren't, and I've now credited them in the OP, which I should have done last night with the releases. Everything else is 100% mine. And If you're talking about the Tardis texture, then you'll find It's used everywhere, even in obscure 3rd party commercial products. Although I highly doubt that's what you were referring to.

I'm referring to you using Star Trek and Dr. Who creations and IP without permission, but then stating that people can't use and distribute the items you create to do this without your permission. It's ironically funny.

I'm referring to you using Star Trek and Dr. Who creations and IP without permission, but then stating that people can't use and distribute the items you create to do this without your permission. It's ironically funny.

Ah, it was hard to tell how serious you were in your post.

Loving the TARDIS! HOURS of entertainment in that one.

Is there anyway we could get it to function a little more like it does in the show? Any ideas on how to even do that?

Not without plugins, no. The sound would be nice but I don't think custom sounds work anymore without plugins, I'm not 100% on that though.

did you fix the TARDIS sound yet?

I don't even know if it is fixable.

• 2 weeks later...
Not to distract you from your projects, but do you think you could create a large command pod that uses the Stargazer's bridge IVA?

It would be really awesome to be able to use it with other craft.

That doesn't sound too hard, although It would have to pretty big, considering the width of the interior(3m). If you wanted you can go into other command pods and change the part where it says:

INTERNAL

{

name = "IVA name"

}

to

INTERNAL

{

name = Stargazer

}

I just wouldn't know what shape to make it, I would like for it to be able to be used without other, bigger mods.

That doesn't sound too hard, although It would have to pretty big, considering the width of the interior(3m). If you wanted you can go into other command pods and change the part where it says:

INTERNAL

{

name = "IVA name"

}

to

INTERNAL

{

name = Stargazer

}

I just wouldn't know what shape to make it, I would like for it to be able to be used without other, bigger mods.

Well, I would imagine it might just be the same shape as most bridge modules in star trek.

I actually just had an idea though, maybe it could be a rather large saucer shaped part (3m+), that could be placed similar to the lander cans (with the crew looking out horizonally rather than forward). But there would also be a second adapter part designed to allow it to be placed facing forward, with a 2m connector at the back.

Sorry if this isn't clear, its hard for me to describe without any way to show it visually.

Well, I would imagine it might just be the same shape as most bridge modules in star trek.

I actually just had an idea though, maybe it could be a rather large saucer shaped part (3m+), that could be placed similar to the lander cans (with the crew looking out horizonally rather than forward). But there would also be a second adapter part designed to allow it to be placed facing forward, with a 2m connector at the back.

Sorry if this isn't clear, its hard for me to describe without any way to show it visually.

Would something like this work? keep in mind that is also 3m long and wide, so i could just make a 3m cylinder.

sketch.png

Would something like this work? keep in mind that is also 3m long and wide, so i could just make a 3m cylinder.

Thats probably alright, yeah, though I do want to show you one thing that might give a little bit of inspiration

Link

Scroll down and there's some concept art of his design's "bridge" module

Thats probably alright, yeah, though I do want to show you one thing that might give a little bit of inspiration

Link

Scroll down and there's some concept art of his design's "bridge" module

Those designs are really cool. I could see something like that working.

Edit: after actually looking at the dimensions of the bridge, I found out it's actually 6m x 4m. I'm not sure if this will work after all, and I've also found it hard to try and fit it in a shape even that size without it looking really bulky. There's always the possibility of the IVA being bigger than the actual part, but I want to do the TARDIS first if that can work.

Edit: I'm also going to be away the next week and a bit and won't be able to do anything, so don't think I'm ignoring anyone.

Edited by StarVision

These models look great! As a sci-fi geek I look forward to trying them.

I know you will be busy for a long time on these but if the day ever comes where you are looking for a new ship, or a new series to draw from may I humbly request you consider my beloved Serenity from Firefly. Her VTOL characteristics would IMO make for a fun KSP ship!

Thanks!