[1.0.4] SciFi Shipyards [Discontinued]

StarVision

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Release!Finally

Well, I think The mod is in a state where I wouldn't mind releasing it. It is the first (of many) to have the recompiled Firespitter sounds, full credit for that to Snjo.

I have put together a little video to showcase it a bit.

Soon sometime next week I plan to update/release my other mods but with added, appropriate sounds, like the Tardis's VWORP, and the sounds of the various bridges. As always I have uploaded the mod to spaceport:

spaceport.png

heres how to add sounds starvision!

HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN SOUNDS:

Since the 0.20 version folder structure, many have thought that adding custom sounds is not possible. The thing is, it just was never documented. Thanks to Faark I found out how to do that.

Make a sound sample file in .wav or .ogg format (bitrate and frequency I THINK don't matter much but the standard is 48000 HZ, 16bit) and it MUST be named with "sound_" in front, for example "sound_srb.wav" (in my case).

You need to make folders part/Sounds in your part folder, IN YOUR PART FOLDER, another "part" yes.. Confusing, but here's how it should look like:

GameData/ModName/Parts/PartName/part/Sounds/sound_XXX.wav

(XXX is your sound's name obviously) Awkward and very space wasting to put another part folder, but it is the only way it works for now. This is something that devs should correct in the future.

In the config file (.cfg) of the part add:

sound_XXX = action

where "action" is something like "running" or "engage" or "flameout", refer to other .cfg-s for more actions. Make sure NOT TO PUT THE EXTENSION such as ".wav" in the config file otherwise, it won't work.

• 2 weeks later...

Release

I've been stripped of my free time the past couple days so I never got to release the mod, even though it was finished. But anyways, It's released now.

New stuff:

-IVA (courtesy of Boogaman)

-Sound (courtesy of the Firespitter plugin)

-Tech Tree integration (In the experimental rocketry node)

-Science! (complete experiments with full descriptions)

I'll try and get a video up sometime soon showcasing the features.

mod3.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Will you make a Sovereign Class?

Maybe even a Defiant class?

Yes

how can i get the old version off uss enterprise mod cause i liked to use just the engine part that run on elec and xenon gas??????????
I'm not sure I have the config files for that anymore, I'll check later. I'm sure there's other engines like that on the spaceport that you could use.

Please don't respond to threads where the last post was 2+ months ago.

That ice cap scan from the enterprise gives me chills! I remember that voyager episode, and you are attempting to say that Kerbin is where the failed slipstream test landed?
I see you've seen "Timeless" with that little Voyager nod that literally brought a tear to my eye... don't judge me.......

I've most definitely seen it. One of the better episodes of Voyager in my opinion. I'm glad the scan created the desired effect. I'm actually doing Voyager now. You can check on it's progress here if you're interested

The Phoenix is crashing when I go on EVA. Furthermore, the kerbal roster thing is not appearing on the flight screen, and there are graphical glitches occuring on the navball (gray patches appearing (especially over the thrust indicator)). Is there a plugin I should have that I may be missing? I was using the non-RPM cockpit. I am downloading RPM, and will see if that works.

Edit:

Did not work. The crash log seems to be indicating an out-of-memory error. This is odd. I have plenty of free ram as long as I do not eva with the phoenix cockpit.

Also, AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit 2:

the ksp.log file: it looks like after i am placed on the launchpad, it thinks I am in orbit around Kerbol, and it crashes on eva as it has position, velocity, and orientation all Nan

Unpacking Untitled Space Craft

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at CameraManager.SetCameraIVA () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CameraManager.NextCameraMode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CameraManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

The cache doesn't contain the part !

AGM : Setup root !

[00:00:00]: Jebediah Kerman from Untitled Space Craft went on EVA.

MechJeb module MechJebFARExt threw an exception in OnStart: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'DTerminalVelocity' from assembly 'MechJebFARExt'.

at MuMech.MechJebCore.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[KSP Interstellar] Radiation Module Loaded.

Look rotation viewing vector is zero

(Filename: Line: 62)

recalculating orbit for phoenix.cockpit: Kerbin
rPos: [NaN, NaN, NaN] rVel: [NaN, NaN, NaN] |NaN|

recalculated orbit for phoenix.cockpit: the Sun

recalculating orbit for kerbalEVA (Jebediah Kerman): Kerbin

recalculated orbit for kerbalEVA (Jebediah Kerman): the Sun

setting new dominant body: the Sun
FlightGlobals.mainBody: Kerbin

Vessel phoenix.cockpit velocity resumed. Reference body: Sun vel: [NaN, NaN, NaN]

Vessel kerbalEVA (Jebediah Kerman) velocity resumed. Reference body: Sun vel: [NaN, NaN, NaN]

Invalid parameter because it was infinity or nan.

(Filename: Line: 248)

(Filename: Line: 248)

(Filename: Line: 153)

(Filename: Line: 153)

Edited by ABZB

The Phoenix is crashing when I go on EVA. Furthermore, the kerbal roster thing is not appearing on the flight screen, and there are graphical glitches occuring on the navball (gray patches appearing (especially over the thrust indicator)). Is there a plugin I should have that I may be missing? I was using the non-RPM cockpit. I am downloading RPM, and will see if that works.

Edit:

Did not work. The crash log seems to be indicating an out-of-memory error. This is odd. I have plenty of free ram as long as I do not eva with the phoenix cockpit.

Also, AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit 2:

the ksp.log file: it looks like after i am placed on the launchpad, it thinks I am in orbit around Kerbol, and it crashes on eva as it has position, velocity, and orientation all Nan

Do you have any other mods installed? I'll check it on my game with the download provided and report back. The only thing I can think of doing is re-installing the mod.

Edit: Mine seems to check out okay, even using the RPM cockpit when it isn't installed.

Edited by StarVision

• 1 month later...

The original post has been updated. The Enterprise now functions properly in the newest update and has optional KSP Interstellar support. I've also managed to get the Phoenix on SpacePort after much frustration. It turns out when I scaled the Enterprise I was only looking at the size of the saucer, so the saucer was 300m, instead of the ship itself. That has been corrected.

• 3 weeks later...
The Ford Anglia has been updated for 0.23.5 after it was brought to my attention that there were some flaws with it.

Spaceport page is now up to date, whether it says so or not.

Thanks :) Nodes are better but still a bit big, anyway, put the wheels in the right angle is easier than stock TR-2L one (which is quite hard because of it's low profile suspension).

The driver vertical speed display (the one below surface speed on the right, there is another one on the left :/ does it really need two ?) is upside-down in IVA.

Thanks :) Nodes are better but still a bit big, anyway, put the wheels in the right angle is easier than stock TR-2L one (which is quite hard because of it's low profile suspension).

The driver vertical speed display (the one below surface speed on the right, there is another one on the left :/ does it really need two ?) is upside-down in IVA.

Most of the time when I do Internals I just try and get all the normal stuff on there, then fill the rest of the space up with various rotated and scaled parts. If I didn't do this the IVA would look pretty bland. Of course I could model different doo-dads to fit in, but I was too lazy at the time to do anything.

Why is it that almost everyone here hates the new Star Trek movies/ships? The new Enterprise blows the other one out of the water (literally and visually), the Vengeance looks and is bad***. What some guys need to come to terms with is: it's Abrams' reboot, let him do what he wants. So far, he's done well. Just because the new ships don't fit into scale with their predecessors doesn't mean they should be completely disregarded. He (Abrams) started his reboot with a paradox that completely and totally changed the course of ST history, so don't be surprised if he goes completely off of the beaten track. He's not trying to amend to the previous generation, he's trying to present an old, worn out story for the new generation to enjoy, which requires massive changes. Also, rewritten star trek is better than no star trek.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.