[1.0.4] SciFi Shipyards [Discontinued]

StarVision

I believe I know the problem. Last week I restored my computer, and since I have the Phoenix on dropbox, I didn't bother copying it somewhere else. I guess dropbox didn't get the whole file uploaded or something, because as you said, some parts of it are missing. Anyways, luckily I still had a copy somewhere else, and I've actually gone through it and cut 40MB off the size.

I won't bother re-uploading it now, because later this week I'll release the next big update, which includes the Phoenix. So just wait a bit and you'll have it in better condition than before.

Have you updated it yet? I just downloaded and noticed the folders were still empty. I used this mod before, and I liked it a lot, and so I wanted to check and see if you still planned on reuploading it.

Have you updated it yet? I just downloaded and noticed the folders were still empty. I used this mod before, and I liked it a lot, and so I wanted to check and see if you still planned on reuploading it.
I guess I shouldn't have said "later this week". I'm actually just running through the mod looking for bugs and checking MM cfgs right now. Some weird things happened that I have to sort out, but those should be resolved tonight.

Also if I did reupload it, it would be in the mod page on curse, so you'll know for sure when it's available.

Dangit Curse, why must you take so long to get the new file up! I need the new TARDIS!

EDIT: 8:54 PM CST, still not 2.0 on curse. Will you consider using Kerbal Stuff? Kerbal Stuff is community made and honestly I believe it is better. Plus, as far as I know you don't have to wait the ridiculous time to have the mod reviewed by curse.

Edited by mike9606

Dangit Curse, why must you take so long to get the new file up! I need the new TARDIS!

EDIT: 8:54 PM CST, still not 2.0 on curse. Will you consider using Kerbal Stuff? Kerbal Stuff is community made and honestly I believe it is better. Plus, as far as I know you don't have to wait the ridiculous time to have the mod reviewed by curse.

I believe this is actually my fault. I thought I was done when the file said "100%", but I also had to submit the file. Anyways, The file is re-uploading now and I'll make sure to hit submit this time. The reviewing process isn't very long, maybe an hour at most.

Alright it's uploaded and approved now. Also just for the record, the file was approved just 10 minutes after I submitted it.

Edit: I only just discovered Interstellar lite exists, and it uses a different folder than was specified in the MM configs, so they are useless. I uploaded a hotfix to curse, so if you plan on using Interstellar lite you will need to download this. It should be approved very soon.

Edited by StarVision

And I was so looking forward to finally getting my hands on that phoenix :( Just put it in and for whatever reason my loading screen gets stuck on this and it gets hung up on this phoenix_hull file, which, is odd because I went into the folders to go look at the file but there isn't actually a file called phoenix_hull in the path. So I don't know whats going on, hope you can help :D

And I was so looking forward to finally getting my hands on that phoenix :( Just put it in and for whatever reason my loading screen gets stuck on this and it gets hung up on this phoenix_hull file, which, is odd because I went into the folders to go look at the file but there isn't actually a file called phoenix_hull in the path. So I don't know whats going on, hope you can help :D

phoenix_hull is actually the name of the part, which is inside SciFi/_Phoenix/Parts/Hull/part.cfg. I'm not really sure why it's not loading. I'm going to run some tests now to see if I can identify the problem. Did you download the v2.1.2 hotfix from curse? It shouldn't have anything to do with it, but it would be good to know.

Edit: also are you running LCARS or Interstellar?

Edit2: On a stock install it seems to run fine, although obviously you're not running just this + stock.

Edit3: With LCARS it also works fine, I'll try Interstellar next.

Edit4: Works with both LCARS and Interstellar, although I had to get rid of some parts due to low memory (But I don't think that's the problem). I can't help any further without more information.

Edited by StarVision

if the game hangs on load, you will see why in the KSP.log file..

please post the last few lines of the log..

The last line should contain the part that failed and what failed..

Btw: The part that is on the loading screen, might not be the culprit - it might be the "next" part that failed to load but the loading sreen didn't update the display..

if the game hangs on load, you will see why in the KSP.log file..

please post the last few lines of the log..

The last line should contain the part that failed and what failed..

Btw: The part that is on the loading screen, might not be the culprit - it might be the "next" part that failed to load but the loading sreen didn't update the display..

Ok well when I first opened it, first thing I see is hundreds of this "[EXC 21:47:XX.XXX] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" and when I say hundreds I literally mean hundreds. After scrolling up to before that spam starts I do get this,

[LOG 21:47:05.638] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SciFi/_Phoenix/Parts/Disk/part/Phoenixdisk'
[LOG 21:47:05.651] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SciFi/_Phoenix/Parts/DockingPort/part/phoenix_dockingport'
[LOG 21:47:05.679] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SciFi/_Phoenix/Parts/Engine/part/phoenix_engine'
[LOG 21:47:05.729] Added sound_rocket_hard to FXGroup running
[LOG 21:47:05.730] Added sound_explosion_low to FXGroup flameout
[LOG 21:47:05.776] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SciFi/_Phoenix/Parts/Fairing/part/phoenix_fairing'
[LOG 21:47:05.784] Added sound_decoupler_fire to FXGroup decouple
[LOG 21:47:05.793] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SciFi/_Phoenix/Parts/Fuel/part/phoenix_tank'
[WRN 21:47:05.834] [ShipConstruct for phoenix.tank]: part cost (1800.0) is less than the cost of its resources (1882.6)
[LOG 21:47:05.869] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SciFi/_Phoenix/Parts/Hull/part/phoenix_hull'
[ERR 21:47:05.918] [ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE
[LOG 21:47:05.925] Warp Plasma not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.

and then the spam starts until I force quit the game. And sorry for the late reply, I've been gone all weekend. Didn't get the chance to respond.

[LOG 21:47:05.869] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SciFi/_Phoenix/Parts/Hull/part/phoenix_hull'
[ERR 21:47:05.918] [ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE
[LOG 21:47:05.925] Warp Plasma not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.

Looks like KSP can't find the Warp Plasma definition, which is weird because it should be there under the "Resources" folder. Have you tried just redownloading the mod? Make sure to delete your original SciFi folder first. I've fixed a couple small things since then, most notably proper Interstellar cfgs, so hopefully it works with the latest version (2.1.3).

Looks like KSP can't find the Warp Plasma definition, which is weird because it should be there under the "Resources" folder. Have you tried just redownloading the mod? Make sure to delete your original SciFi folder first. I've fixed a couple small things since then, most notably proper Interstellar cfgs, so hopefully it works with the latest version (2.1.3).

Heey! That worked, didn't notice 2.1.3 came out. Thanks for the help guys :D

I actually have enough ideas to keep me going. Added to that, I have watched neither of those shows.

You need Raster Prop Monitor for the computers to work.

Not currently, as I have not watched the show. Were you thinking of doing them? I don't mind if you are.

Well, if you're ever are hurting for ideas the NX-01 would be a nice addition! :D

Maybe you can watch it sometime; although I would think you could create it without watching (No idea of your method of doing these things).

Well, if you're ever are hurting for ideas the NX-01 would be a nice addition! :D

Maybe you can watch it sometime; although I would think you could create it without watching (No idea of your method of doing these things).

I could easily create it without watching Enterprise, but I wouldn't really want to.

I'd make a case for the Jupiter II from lost in space, I think it has Kerbalesque proportions, and the IVA would be a hoot!

I guess I never made any mention of it here, but I'm not really going to be doing any more ships, at least not anytime soon. I'm moving on to other things.

I am still working on one thing though: a mk1 inspired command pod. It should be ready soon. I'll release it separately though, considering it's not really SciFi.

Hmm, quick question. Now I'm only using the phoenix craft, I don't have any of the other ships installed but I know that you added Interstellar support for the ships. Does that include the phoenix? Or is it just the big starships? And I'll ask this too, does it only work for Interstellar Lite or does it work with the official release as well?

Hmm, quick question. Now I'm only using the phoenix craft, I don't have any of the other ships installed but I know that you added Interstellar support for the ships. Does that include the phoenix? Or is it just the big starships? And I'll ask this too, does it only work for Interstellar Lite or does it work with the official release as well?

It should work with either, and yes, the Phoenix has warp capabilities.

I guess I never made any mention of it here, but I'm not really going to be doing any more ships, at least not anytime soon. I'm moving on to other things.

I am still working on one thing though: a mk1 inspired command pod. It should be ready soon. I'll release it separately though, considering it's not really SciFi.

No worries! Thanks for all the cool ships you have done!! :D

Hey I'm having some issues with the mod, the ship yard pack is all I have installed. The game keeps crashing either in the hanger or while trying to load the hanger. Sometimes when it does load the hang the UI isnt fully loaded and everything is dark.

EDIT: I've gone through several of the logs and the crash usually has something to do with dbghelp.dll

Here's the last few lines from the log before it crashed:

[HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From SPACECENTER to SPH =====================

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

UnloadTime: 7.073994 ms

Unloading 1 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 1203 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 89833.

Total: 157.766220 ms (FindLiveObjects: 6.559790 ms CreateObjectMapping: 6.303139 ms MarkObjects: 137.542557 ms DeleteObjects: 6.735504 ms)

Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 0 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 89822.

Total: 147.264603 ms (FindLiveObjects: 6.536020 ms CreateObjectMapping: 5.236218 ms MarkObjects: 134.642380 ms DeleteObjects: 0.241606 ms)

UnloadTime: 5.850013 ms

No Input Locks in effect right now

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Crash!!!

ERROR: Error while initializing dbghelp.dll, GetLastError: 'The operation completed successfully.' (Address: 00000000)

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

ERROR: Error while initializing dbghelp.dll, GetLastError: 'The operation completed successfully.' (Address: 00000000)

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

**** Crash! ****

Edited by dyljenx

Hmm.. strange. Only getting the warp plasma, no KSPI warp drive.

Do you have two parts for the Phoenix hull in the VAB? There is a separate part for each version.

Hey I'm having some issues with the mod, the ship yard pack is all I have installed. The game keeps crashing either in the hanger or while trying to load the hanger. Sometimes when it does load the hang the UI isnt fully loaded and everything is dark.

EDIT: I've gone through several of the logs and the crash usually has something to do with dbghelp.dll

I hate to say it, but this mod might just be too big for stock installs.

Have you tried removing Squad/Spaces? If it works after that, it was probably a memory issue. If not, then I don't really know. I've run into these problems before but removing some stuff seemed to solve it. Also you could try ATM.

Add in the Enterstardyson

Do you mean a dyson sphere? That wouldn't really work, considering it's bigger than the entire Kerbol system.