[1.0.4] SciFi Shipyards [Discontinued]

StarVision

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to use the Voyager bridge with the IXS Command Module, but it crashes the game every time it tries to load the bridge. I have it set like this:

INTERNAL

{

name = Voyager

}

It works fine when I assign the Stargazer bridge (name = Stargazer) so I'm not sure what's wrong. I'm still on 0.24.2.

EDIT: Here's my log.

Edited by Mitchz95

I'm trying to use the Voyager bridge with the IXS Command Module, but it crashes the game every time it tries to load the bridge. I have it set like this:

INTERNAL

{

name = Voyager

}

It works fine when I assign the Stargazer bridge (name = Stargazer) so I'm not sure what's wrong. I'm still on 0.24.2.

EDIT: Here's my log.

Do you think you could upload the other log (KSP.log)? I didn't really get anything out of that one, but thanks for uploading it anyways. I'm not really sure what the problem is. Does the Bridge load fine when using Voyager itself? The log came up with an error saying there wasn't enough assigned seats for the internal, but that doesn't really do anything.

Another thing you could try is assigning Voyager's bridge to some part that isn't the IXS command module, like the mk1-2 pod. The results of that should tell us something at least.

Do you think you could upload the other log (KSP.log)? I didn't really get anything out of that one, but thanks for uploading it anyways. I'm not really sure what the problem is. Does the Bridge load fine when using Voyager itself? The log came up with an error saying there wasn't enough assigned seats for the internal, but that doesn't really do anything.

Another thing you could try is assigning Voyager's bridge to some part that isn't the IXS command module, like the mk1-2 pod. The results of that should tell us something at least.

Here's my KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zsobv04uu60oi1/Log2.rtf?dl=0

And there's been a development. Now the game crashes during startup, while trying to load "SciFi/_Voyager/Spaces/Voyager/LCARS-dark". It does this even if I remove big mods like Texture Replacer, so it's not a problem with the RAM limit.

On another subject, is your flag decal mod working on 0.25?

Edited by Mitchz95

Here's my KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zsobv04uu60oi1/Log2.rtf?dl=0

And there's been a development. Now the game crashes during startup, while trying to load "SciFi/_Voyager/Spaces/Voyager/LCARS-dark". It does this even if I remove big mods like Texture Replacer, so it's not a problem with the RAM limit.

On another subject, is your flag decal mod working on 0.25?

I don't think it uploaded correctly. It seems to just cut off at the end for no reason, so there is not much I can say so far.

Also the flag mod is working on 0.25, and I recently changed the shader it uses. Now they're more like the flags already in the game on the command pods.

It works with the Borg cube. I had a setup with one Borg cube that had the Voyager internal as the cockpit cube, a cube with the dr who interior set up as a science lab with a lot of scansat functions, and two other cubes connected to those as engine cubes, using Stargazer and Enterprise interiors. That was on 0.24.2.

It works with the Borg cube. I had a setup with one Borg cube that had the Voyager internal as the cockpit cube, a cube with the dr who interior set up as a science lab with a lot of scansat functions, and two other cubes connected to those as engine cubes, using Stargazer and Enterprise interiors. That was on 0.24.2.

Thanks for the info.

I believe the issue here is probably a mod conflict, I don't see anything else that it could be. I found this at the end of the log:

The class CrewRoster could not be loaded, used in Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null\
The class CrewRoster could not be loaded, used in Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null\

I think this is happening because the IXS pod only has 4 kerbals, yet there are seven seats in the internal. Have you tried changing crewCapacity to 7? I downloaded the pod, so I'm seeing if there is any issues on my end.

Edit: My game works fine with the IXS pod having Voyager's internal, So it must be some sort of mod conflict.

Edited by StarVision

I think this is happening because the IXS pod only has 4 kerbals, yet there are seven seats in the internal. Have you tried changing crewCapacity to 7? I downloaded the pod, so I'm seeing if there is any issues on my end.

Tried it. The game still crashed as soon as I switched to the IXS pod.

And the Stargazer bridge works fine even if I have the IXS crew complement set at 4 like default.

Edit: My game works fine with the IXS pod having Voyager's internal, So it must be some sort of mod conflict.

That's what I was afraid of. :( Is there any way to figure out which mod it is without having to check each one at a time?

EDIT: I tried assigning the Voyager bridge to the Mk1-2 pod; the problem affects it as well.

One other thing that might be noteworthy: my game seems to have trouble loading the Voyager parts during startup. Just as it's finishing, it seems to get stuck on the Saucer or Nacelle and stays there, though the loading hints continue to rotate as normal. I'm playing on OSX, if that makes any difference.

@skeevy, thanks for helping!

Edited by Mitchz95

That's what I was afraid of. :( Is there any way to figure out which mod it is without having to check each one at a time?

EDIT: I tried assigning the Voyager bridge to the Mk1-2 pod; the problem affects it as well.

One other thing that might be noteworthy: my game seems to have trouble loading the Voyager parts during startup. Just as it's finishing, it seems to get stuck on the Saucer or Nacelle and stays there, though the loading hints continue to rotate as normal. I'm playing on OSX, if that makes any difference.

The thing you mentioned about it getting stuck on loading shouldn't mean anything, as that can happen with any part. Usually that's just the last part to load. Then again, maybe it does mean something, I'm no expert.

Do you have any mods that are not updated to 0.25 yet? That might be part of the problem. For instance, the Modulemanager that came with this mod didn't seem to work with 0.25. Anyways, usually you just have to go through the mods one by one. I find it easiest to remove them all and add them back in gradually, which usually finds the problem.

The Curse page has been updated. It includes newer dlls for Modulemanager and Firespitter. I also tweaked the torpedoes config so it is better at blowing up buildings.

Do you have any mods that are not updated to 0.25 yet? That might be part of the problem. For instance, the Modulemanager that came with this mod didn't seem to work with 0.25.

I'm actually still playing on 0.24. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

Anyways, usually you just have to go through the mods one by one. I find it easiest to remove them all and add them back in gradually, which usually finds the problem.

Probably not worth the effort it would take to find. The Stargazer bridge suits my needs just as well; I just liked the Voyager bridge more. Thanks for all the help!

Edited by Mitchz95

• 3 weeks later...
i downloaded scfi shipyard but can not get it to work can anyone help im new to KSP and not sure what im doing thanks for any help

You'll have to be a little more specific. Is it crashing when it's loading? if so then you should download this mod. What's happening is that KSP is running out of memory (probably).

• 1 month later...

hi, i like the models, PRESENTLY I AM WORKING ON A mod and I need to place models, Of Course giving credit and Recognition By The Same , Whoever i like the rare ship in sci-fi part that you call "Doom's day artifact" , I would like Make A cave with It and this has the same form that I want : Unfortunately .mu file is not easy to make. That 's the only a problem, As I use it as static part from .mu model and not as an instance of a part of squad functionality, need a scale in a 3d model nearly to 100 or 200 times Size to the actual mesh, in the config file Static can't obey the factor of rescaling. only the true size of the mesh. Sorry my bad english.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having a problem where the Enterprise's Engineering Hull glows when the lights are on.

I'm pretty sure that's an issue with the way KSP handles tgas. You could try converting the texture to png. You could also install ATM, because I'm pretty sure that fixes it as well. I'll probably convert all the textures to mbm when I get to updating it, then there shouldn't be any problems like that.

Well, since you did such an excellent job on the Enterprise ("No bloody A, B, C, or D (or E)!" to paraphrase Scotty), how about some of the 'semi-canon' TOS starships? That is to say, the ones in the good old "Star Fleet Technical Manual".

Most specifically, the Saladin-/Hermes-class, Ptolemy-class (and perhaps some of the Ptolemy cargo modules?), and the ever "epic" Federation-class, and the pre-TOS but still TOS-like (and quite canon) Daedalus-class. If you want more ideas -- for TOS era Star Trek ships -- there's the Mark VII shuttle, the conjectured TOS-style Miranda-class, and Space Station K7.

Can you tell I like classic, original series Star Trek?1

If you want even more ideas, there's Masao Okazaki's "Starfleet Museum" ships. That is to say, these ships:

http://i.imgur.com/sF9YhUm.jpg

I hope that picture isn't too big; I have no idea how to resize it.

1. JJ Abrams can go burn in a fire, along with his execrable reboot.

Huh, I would have thought the Enterprise-class (NX-class) ship would have been among those!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.