Rpg

Pretty awesome, I am also working on a game in RPG Maker VX Ace. I am working on a storyline as well. I write on my offtime and know a few authors that write storylines as well. What are you looking for in a story? I may be able to drag something out of one of em.

So basically what I have now... Main character we will call him Edward for now.. Walks into the Kingdom of Ashfield into the shop, the strange guy in black robes pulls him to the side... He is evil but "Edward" is too dumb to realize, edward is told to meet king William at the Ashfield Cave ( where evil guy set a trape ) thats as far as I have gotten...

But the guy in black robes belongs to a evil cult called the "Black Mages"

I do not know. Using RPG maker VX ACE to make it if that tells ya anything :P

I don't know jack about coding/scripting, so this takes most of that out of it.

So if anyone wants to keep up with my game making please refer to my blog a link in my signature!

Edited by 7499275

I used to do some stuff with RPGMaker XP. I liked it a lot better than VX, which felt limiting in many ways.

Anyway, if you want your RPG to be appealing, it's got to stand out in some way. Be it the conversations you can have, the storyline, the world, the characters, features of gameplay or whatever. Of course I know you're just starting but there doesn't seem anything too interesting so far. I don't know about VX but for XP you could get loads of tilesets with which you could make really complex interiors and exteriors. I never got far into my projects, but I tried to make them interesting by putting a lot of detail into the world and having people with a lot to say and important roles in the world.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.