[1.6] Davon Throttle Control systems mod [v088]

PrivateFlip

Thank you for your mod, @PrivateFlip ! It's very useful for my mods, now I can use my electrical generators and my steam turbines independently. I'm going to encourage everyone to use it!

2g9JTmC.png

Question ... The link to the manual is dead. How can I increase the number of sliders? For what I have in mind ... I could use a lot more!

Edited by Azimech

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2016 at 6:58 AM, Azimech said:

Thank you for your mod, @PrivateFlip ! It's very useful for my mods, now I can use my electrical generators and my steam turbines independently. I'm going to encourage everyone to use it!

2g9JTmC.png

Question ... The link to the manual is dead. How can I increase the number of sliders? For what I have in mind ... I could use a lot more!

First off, nice boat! The link died when KSP migrated to the new forum, I've repaired it. Thank you for reporting it.

The number of sliders is unfortunately hard coded in the sense that each throttle display, input handling, saving/loading and engine interaction has its own lines in the code. There is therefore no easy way for you to increase the number of sliders. I would certainly do it differently if I would make the mod again.

On 11/2/2015 at 10:53 PM, Svm420 said:

I searched the thread, but didn't turn up anything. Does this work with AJE? I ask specifically because it, along with RealFuels, do not use the either of the stock engine modules. AJE use 3 different modules itself for different engine types, i.e. propellers, jets and rotors. They do however derive from ModuleEnginesFX. So I ask because this looks like the perfect mod for VTOL engine thrust balance and control, and hope compatibility is possible :) Thanks!

@PrivateFlip

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2016 at 2:24 AM, BT Industries said:

Love this mod!!!

One question though...

Can you slave engines to your thrust lever from your joystick setup for those of us who have throttles like this...

thrstmstr_b00419zuxs-05.jpg

So we can actually use both thrust levers in KSP?

This might be possible, when you open the throttle window, you can configure controls, joystick axis can be configured here as well. This worked adequately a couple of version ago, but haven't tested it since. Let me know if you run into troubles...

On 20-2-2016 at 4:35 PM, PrivateFlip said:

First off, nice boat! The link died when KSP migrated to the new forum, I've repaired it. Thank you for reporting it.

The number of sliders is unfortunately hard coded in the sense that each throttle display, input handling, saving/loading and engine interaction has its own lines in the code. There is therefore no easy way for you to increase the number of sliders. I would certainly do it differently if I would make the mod again.

I see a bright future for this mod, It's great for Klingon Academy style power distribution. I'll send you a PM soon.

On 17/03/2016 at 7:30 AM, PrivateFlip said:

This might be possible, when you open the throttle window, you can configure controls, joystick axis can be configured here as well. This worked adequately a couple of version ago, but haven't tested it since. Let me know if you run into troubles...

I do not have a throttle like that but I was thinking of getting one and wanted to know if I could actually use both throttles.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2016 at 10:55 PM, BT Industries said:

I do not have a throttle like that but I was thinking of getting one and wanted to know if I could actually use both throttles.

Tested it with a simple joystick/joypad and the throttles respond to input when I found the right axis, but I of course couldn't give a hard guarantee it would work for you.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2016 at 2:55 PM, BT Industries said:

Sorry I'm late to the party, but as a long-time user of this mod, I can tell you - YES!  It works great.  You'll just need to input different joystick numbers and axis numbers using the "Throttles" button, until you find the right one.  Then you can save it as it's own profile, and never have to mess with it again.  By the way, that throttle you posted a pic of, is the one I'm using. :cool:

On 4/24/2016 at 11:42 AM, Voculus said:

Sorry I'm late to the party, but as a long-time user of this mod, I can tell you - YES!  It works great.  You'll just need to input different joystick numbers and axis numbers using the "Throttles" button, until you find the right one.  Then you can save it as it's own profile, and never have to mess with it again.  By the way, that throttle you posted a pic of, is the one I'm using. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Update

-adapted for 1.1.2

Adapted to the latest version. A big thanks to sarbian who had made an excellent post on some of the key UI changes relevant for mods. This has been very helpful in updating the other mods I maintain. They would have have been equally helpful for this mod if it were not for linuxgurugamer who, on his own accord, had already applied all these changes and send the code to me. A big thanks linuxgurugamer!

• 2 weeks later...

New update for version 1.1.2 works fine for most engines; seems to not work with custom nuclear engines (specifically ones that can use multiple types of fuel; e.g. porkjet/KSPI-E) though.

Thank you for this wonderful mod.

Edited by Xcl
Clarity

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2016 at 6:37 PM, PrivateFlip said:

Update

-adapted for 1.1.2

Adapted to the latest version. A big thanks to sarbian who had made an excellent post on some of the key UI changes relevant for mods. This has been very helpful in updating the other mods I maintain. They would have have been equally helpful for this mod if it were not for linuxgurugamer who, on his own accord, had already applied all these changes and send the code to me. A big thanks linuxgurugamer!

Any word on a 1.1.3 rebuild?  or does it work in 1.1.3 without changes?

On 7/24/2016 at 8:15 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Any word on a 1.1.3 rebuild?  or does it work in 1.1.3 without changes?

Just tested it the 1.1.2 version works in 1.1.3. Found a single issue where I could cut the engines of a craft which had lost it's command pod. It's fairly specific and excotic will take a look at it.

5 hours ago, PrivateFlip said:

Just tested it the 1.1.2 version works in 1.1.3. Found a single issue where I could cut the engines of a craft which had lost it's command pod. It's fairly specific and excotic will take a look at it.

Could that just need a recompile?

On 7/26/2016 at 4:05 PM, Whovian41110 said:

So why does this mod cut my space shuttle's engines at SRB separation?  I'm using the center thrust option and once the SRBs jettison it sets the limiter on all the SSMEs to 0

This mod has limited sophistication. What the mod does is balance the engine output so the center of thrust is under the center of mass. This correction is done in a 2d plane and does not take into account the angle of an engine either to the angle at which the engine is installed or though gimbal. So as soon as your SRB's burn out all your active engines are on one side of the center of mass, so there is no solution where any output other than zero does not lead to an unbalanced trust, taking into account the correction is only done in a 2s plain perpendicular to the direction of flight were all engines are assumed to face backwards. If you have SSMEs which have sufficient gimbal range to keep the center of mass in there center, deactivating the mod at this moment should allow you to continue your flight.

What I will try to do is at an event which can linked to the staging so you can have the mod deactivate automatically once a certain stage is reached.

On 7/26/2016 at 3:34 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Could that just need a recompile?

It does seem like an issue of that nature. I will push out a new recompiled version.

17 minutes ago, PrivateFlip said:

This mod has limited sophistication. What the mod does is balance the engine output so the center of thrust is under the center of mass. This correction is done in a 2d plane and does not take into account the angle of an engine either to the angle at which the engine is installed or though gimbal. So as soon as your SRB's burn out all your active engines are on one side of the center of mass, so there is no solution where any output other than zero does not lead to an unbalanced trust, taking into account the correction is only done in a 2s plain perpendicular to the direction of flight were all engines are assumed to face backwards. If you have SSMEs which have sufficient gimbal range to keep the center of mass in there center, deactivating the mod at this moment should allow you to continue your flight.

What I will try to do is at an event which can linked to the staging so you can have the mod deactivate automatically once a certain stage is reached.

It does seem like an issue of that nature. I will push out a new recompiled version.

is it possible to extend this mod so it will auto gimbal as well as auto balance the engines? (or possibly another mod entirely)

Edited by Whovian41110

22 minutes ago, Whovian41110 said:

is it possible to extend this mod so it will auto gimbal as well as auto balance the engines? (or possibly another mod entirely)

There is Throttle Controlled Avionics. It's been a while I took a look at it, from what I just saw in the thread it's pretty sophisticated these days. It offers autopilot functionality as well. The thrust balancing seems to be at least on par with this mod if not better and more configurable, although I'm not sure yet if it does do what you request. If you have enough gimbal range sas actually should be sufficient to handle the system after SRB seperation.

Edited by PrivateFlip

• 2 months later...

it's rated for 1.1.3 as stated by the thread title, so if it's not working I would suspect an install issue (unless you're trying it on v1.2, in which case all bets are off). Take it over to the CKAN folks. At the very least if you want the mod author to look into it you need to post a log file

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.