[1.6] Davon Throttle Control systems mod [v088]

PrivateFlip

17 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

it's rated for 1.1.3 as stated by the thread title, so if it's not working I would suspect an install issue (unless you're trying it on v1.2, in which case all bets are off). Take it over to the CKAN folks. At the very least if you want the mod author to look into it you need to post a log file

I removed the CKAN version and reinstalled manually,  same issue  its installed correctly but just doesn't show up.

The game isnt crashing and there are no error messages so I don't have a log file.   Thats why I was wondering if it was no longer supported.

You have lots of errors in the log file:

IndexOutOfRangeException: [PartCrewManifest Error]: seat index out of range: i = 4 while Mark1-2Pod has 3 seats
  at PartCrewManifest.AddCrewToSeat (.ProtoCrewMember crew, Int32 seatIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Before you start playing with this mod, you really should resolve these errors

Just now, Wingnutt said:

Weird, the game runs perfectly other than this mod not showing up.

I only see a few errors and most are repeats of "seat index out of range" which pertains to a stock part.. not much I can do about that.

Actually, that error, while referring to a stock part, is being caused by a mod, CrewManifest

• 4 weeks later...

Just came across this mod and it's exactly what I've been looking for. Anyone know if this is working on 1.2 as-is?

@Wingnutt, were you able to get it working after all?

edit: tried installing the existing version on 1.2. and was able to get the part attached and open up right-click box with TC System button. however, no menu came up upon clicking the button. tried several different builds and engines, but no luck getting the menu to open.  assuming this has something to do with the new version.

Edited by Dudicus

• 1 month later...

does this work in 1.2.2?  going to try it anyway, but is it officially "supported" in this configuration?

ok, it seems it does.  TCA has a seriously game-breaking bug in it right now so I'm trying to use this.. it's.. interesting, I don't remember having to assign engines to groups before to get balanced thrust to work?  If I don't, it sets all the thrust limiters to 0... anything else changed recently in here?

Edited by ss8913

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ss8913, sorry for the very late reply; Maybe TCA is already repaired in the mean time. But if it isn't, what were you trying to do? Thrust going to zero happens to me when engines which I want to balance are not facing backwards. This is often the case in VTOL designs. In that case you have to change the "direction" in the center thrust screen. Engines facing in other directions have to have their "center thrust" setting set to ignore. (manual)

I'll test the mod first in 1.2.2 first time i get.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/1/2015 at 10:53 PM, Svm420 said:

I searched the thread, but didn't turn up anything. Does this work with AJE? I ask specifically because it, along with RealFuels, do not use the either of the stock engine modules. AJE use 3 different modules itself for different engine types, i.e. propellers, jets and rotors. They do however derive from ModuleEnginesFX. So I ask because this looks like the perfect mod for VTOL engine thrust balance and control, and hope compatibility is possible :) Thanks!

Hey @PrivateFlip this was completely ignored (twice) despite a response to every other post. Are you refusing to support AJE? Because I just tried and can confirm it does not work with AJE installed, which is a bummer (still on v1.2.2).

I'm not sure if this was the right mod, I remember seeing a feature in mod somewhere that would limit the range of available throttle settings, to make rocket engines act more like real ones that cannot be throttled safely down to 10%. Is this the mod that can provide that functionality? If not, does someone know which mod does?

@Errol, Real Fuels configures rocket engines to have minimum throttle levels. 

Oh also in the stock config you can change minimum thrust values. Of course, thrust doesn't always equal throttle but it might get you close enough.

Edited by Nightside

On 11/2/2015 at 4:53 AM, Svm420 said:

I searched the thread, but didn't turn up anything. Does this work with AJE? I ask specifically because it, along with RealFuels, do not use the either of the stock engine modules. AJE use 3 different modules itself for different engine types, i.e. propellers, jets and rotors. They do however derive from ModuleEnginesFX. So I ask because this looks like the perfect mod for VTOL engine thrust balance and control, and hope compatibility is possible :) Thanks!

On 5/29/2017 at 9:57 PM, Drew Kerman said:

Hey @PrivateFlip this was completely ignored (twice) despite a response to every other post. Are you refusing to support AJE? Because I just tried and can confirm it does not work with AJE installed, which is a bummer (still on v1.2.2).

Sorry, that wasn't intentional. I have taken a brief look into source code of Advanced Jet Engine and Solver Engines on which it depends and it's quite an extensive overhaul. I think it might(TM) work if my mod does not solely looks for the ModuleEnginesFX but also those classes derived from it. Have made changes to my mod to this effect (not published yet). The thrust balancer in this mod makes some temporary assumptions about the relation of throttle and thrust which do not exactly hold in Advanced Jet Engine, but as long as thrust increases with throttle I suspect it should be able to balance engines for any practical purpose. I'm not able to test it yet because I can't get AJE itself to work. The engines give no thrust at all. This is without my mod being involved. FAR is working (as far as I can judge, haven't used it before). Will keep you posted.

1 hour ago, PrivateFlip said:

Sorry, that wasn't intentional. I have taken a brief look into source code of Advanced Jet Engine and Solver Engines on which it depends and it's quite an extensive overhaul. I think it might(TM) work if my mod does not solely looks for the ModuleEnginesFX but also those classes derived from it. Have made changes to my mod to this effect (not published yet). The thrust balancer in this mod makes some temporary assumptions about the relation of throttle and thrust which do not exactly hold in Advanced Jet Engine, but as long as thrust increases with throttle I suspect it should be able to balance engines for any practical purpose. I'm not able to test it yet because I can't get AJE itself to work. The engines give no thrust at all. This is without my mod being involved. FAR is working (as far as I can judge, haven't used it before). Will keep you posted.

Great to hear. Sorry if that post came across a little harsh-sounding (first time re-reading it since I posted it). AJE isn't updated to 1.3 yet so I wouldn't expect it to work. Blowfish & NathanKell have a couple issues still to look at before it gets updated

Update

-compiled for 1.3
-made changes to code so the mod could work with engine modules which are derived from the stock engine module (ModuleEnginesFX)

Testing showed all functionality to work as before.

On 6/5/2017 at 5:42 PM, Drew Kerman said:

Great to hear. Sorry if that post came across a little harsh-sounding (first time re-reading it since I posted it). AJE isn't updated to 1.3 yet so I wouldn't expect it to work. Blowfish & NathanKell have a couple issues still to look at before it gets updated

Hi Drew, I didn't interpret it in a harsh manner. The 1.3 version mentioned above has the code changes I mentioned before. Haven't tested it with AJE yet. If this doesn't work, supporting AJE is probably going to be much more complicated.

Hello,

I tried this mod with KSP 1.3.0.1804 and it is crashing during loading.

Here it is the output_log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x3xol1uhbwkhi63/output_log.txt?dl=0

Fresh install, no other mods, Windows 64bit version (both OS and game), mod version 084 installed through the Space Dock link.

Hope it can be helpful to some developer.

Thank you for this wonderful mod.

Edited by LastStarDust

5 hours ago, LastStarDust said:

Hello,

I tried this mod with KSP 1.3.0.1804 and it is crashing during loading.

Here it is the output_log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x3xol1uhbwkhi63/output_log.txt?dl=0

Fresh install, no other mods, Windows 64bit version (both OS and game), mod version 084 installed through the Space Dock link.

Hope it can be helpful to some developer.

Thank you for this wonderful mod.

Thank you for reporting this, apparently i uploaded an older version to space dock, no idea how that happened. Re uploaded as version 085.

• 3 months later...

Hi.

I have some troubles with this mod: It fails to reset engines to the normal state when "all normal" is selected, or when DT module is deactivated after use. Engines do not work except when "center thrust" is on.

Also, kerbal EVA thusters seem to be affected. I landed on the Mun in a ship using DT module, and kerbals on EVA now can only barely lift off the ground.

I'm flying a ship with 4 'pugs', KSP 1.3.1 (same thing happened in 1.3.0).

P.S. it would be a good idea to reset thrust limiters on the engines to their initial values when current thrust is 0%. Otherwise it messes with manuver and TWR calculations.

Update: It is a conflict with SmokeScreen/RealPlume

Edited by Psycho_zs

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2017 at 9:50 PM, Psycho_zs said:

Hi.

I have some troubles with this mod: It fails to reset engines to the normal state when "all normal" is selected, or when DT module is deactivated after use. Engines do not work except when "center thrust" is on.

Also, kerbal EVA thusters seem to be affected. I landed on the Mun in a ship using DT module, and kerbals on EVA now can only barely lift off the ground.

I'm flying a ship with 4 'pugs', KSP 1.3.1 (same thing happened in 1.3.0).

P.S. it would be a good idea to reset thrust limiters on the engines to their initial values when current thrust is 0%. Otherwise it messes with manuver and TWR calculations.

Tested this in 1.3.0.1804 and 1.3.1.1091, but couldn't yet reproduce the exact same problem you describe. All normal does reset the engines for me. Tested both the "Thud" and "Puff", which are the pugs? (I'm a certified idiot)

Deactivating the module does indeed not reset the thrust limiter, but this is intended behaviour.

Completely forgot that 'Pugs' are not in stock yet. LV-303 from Porkjet's Part Overhauls. Does not really matter, other engines are also affected.

I did some testing. It seems that hitting "All normal" or "Deactivate module" or "Center Thrust" with "Off"  just locks engines in whatever thrust they are currently in.

Here I throttled up a bit right after launch, then opened DTC window and hit "Center Thrust" with "Off" setting and killed the throttle. Engines still firing.

fMXwpkd.jpg

Seems to work fine on a clean KSP, so it has to be some mod interference. That would be hard to pinpoint, no other mod specifically deals with engine thrust as far as I can tell... I will try, but not today.

Spoiler

000_USITools
AquilaEnterprises
B9PartSwitch
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
ConnectedLivingSpace
CryoEngines
CryoTanks
DavonTCsystemsMod
DeployableEngines
Diazo
DistantObject
DynamicBatteryStorage
EditorExtensionsRedux
EngineLight
EvaFuel
FerramAerospaceResearch
FlexoDocking
FuelTanksPlus
HeatControl
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes
JSI
KerbalAtomics
KerbalEngineer
KerbNetController
Kopernicus
LETech
ModularFlightIntegrator
MunarIndustries
NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureElectrical
NearFutureLaunchVehicles
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSolar
NearFutureSpacecraft
OrbitalSurveyPlus
PartOverhauls
PersistentRotation
PlanetaryBaseInc
PlanetShine
RCSBuildAid
RealPlume
RealPlume-Stock
Sigma
SmokeScreen
Squad
StageRecovery
StationPartsExpansion
TacFuelBalancer
TriggerTech
UmbraSpaceIndustries

Update: It is a conflict with SmokeScreen/RealPlume

Edited by Psycho_zs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.