[WIP] Orbital Sciences Pegasus Rocket

lpam

Hi guys,

I'm new to modding, but I thought I might as well pass some time and give it a try.

I have watched some YouTube videos and taught myself to be fairly good at Blender however I am a complete novice at Unity.

Here is a model of the Pegasus from Orbital Sciences I spent an afternoon on. Feel free to give me any advice on how to improve the models, also I will need some help with Unity so feel free to PM me or post in this thread. (I have read the "Unity to KSP" thread http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/25040 but it seem to be out of date.)

Y2cKW5w.jpg

vaDwW3l.jpg

Lockheed_TriStar_launches_Pegasus_with_Space_Technology_5.jpg

Edited by lpam

There was someone, Keenan smith I think he was called, was doing the Antares launcher but the thread hasn't had much action lately which is a shame.

Edited by lpam

I will have to see how this goes first.

1. I don't know how unity works yet.

2. I don't use aircraft much in KSP, but this might change with the upcoming SAS change in 0.21

No it just deploys a satellite the way normal rockets do, except the rocket itself is deployed from an aircraft.

The shuttle type thing are the wings of the rocket, I think the model needs more work though.

Edited by lpam

I have applied textures to some of the parts, these will be improved however when I learn more about texturing to include more detail and perhaps Bump maps.

Also I will be going on holiday soon so, if possible (not promising anything) I would like to release an early version so any help with Unity will be greatly appreciated.

oyPEu5s.jpg

GsI7dWd.jpg

Also here is the model in Sketchfab, if anyone can tell me how to include textures it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by lpam

Thanks for the advice, I will.

Also, does anyone know how to texture the fairings so that I can have a different texture on the inside compared to the outside because at the moment I have a Pegasus logo on the inside.

Thanks for the advice, I will.

Also, does anyone know how to texture the fairings so that I can have a different texture on the inside compared to the outside because at the moment I have a Pegasus logo on the inside.

You have to make the mesh doubhle-sided.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.