How to avoid weird relative target velocity speed glitch when entering visual range

Title says it all, even if it is a bit unwieldy. When my spacecraft enter the visual range of my orbiting space station, the reported targets velocity immediately starts increasing at an alarming rate, even though neither craft is applying any thrust. I might be leasurly drifting towards the station at 10 m/s, but have a reported velocity of about 500 m/s.

My current 'solution' is to use Alt-F4 to exit the game (did I mention the 'space center' menu button no longer works?), re-enter the game, and use the auto-save from when they entered the visual range to start again. The glitch isn't present after the reload.

Needless to say, this isn't an ideal solution. Has anyone else had this problem, and know how to get around it?

I'm running the latest version through steam, and have the ISA Mapsat mod, the farings mod, and the Lazor cam mod installed.

• 2 months later...
Title says it all, even if it is a bit unwieldy. When my spacecraft enter the visual range of my orbiting space station, the reported targets velocity immediately starts increasing at an alarming rate, even though neither craft is applying any thrust. I might be leasurly drifting towards the station at 10 m/s, but have a reported velocity of about 500 m/s.

My current 'solution' is to use Alt-F4 to exit the game (did I mention the 'space center' menu button no longer works?), re-enter the game, and use the auto-save from when they entered the visual range to start again. The glitch isn't present after the reload.

Needless to say, this isn't an ideal solution. Has anyone else had this problem, and know how to get around it?

I'm running the latest version through steam, and have the ISA Mapsat mod, the farings mod, and the Lazor cam mod installed.

Any headway on this? I have the exact same problem. As soon as I get within 5km, my target speed goes wildly out of control even though I'm not thrusting. It seems the prograde and retrograde don't work either. The problem doesn't go away after I reload unfortunately :( My KSP is not through steam and is version 0.21.1. I'm running Lazor cam, fueltastic, engineering mod, sub assembly manager, and KAS.

i've seen this too, having a 3km relative speed at ~100m separation (and for long enough to get confused by why i was still there).

the mods i have on those ships are mechjeb and kethane, and i also have Lazor docking cam. given our mods, and the fact it blocks the return to space centre and quicksave options like other lazor mod bugs, my guess is it is the lazor docking cam.

which sucks cause it is really useful.

Edited by Dangerous_Beans

had something similar, also from steam, but, I usually launch from an icon on the desktop as opposed to direct from steam, but, I do keep steam ON for updates and what not. For me, Id get to about 500 meters down to as close to 250 meters then suddenly the target vessel accelerates away and as it hits 5km distance, it suddenly warped to half way around kerbin. MechJeb and Lazor Docking cam from Romfarer are my 2 mods atm.

• 1 year later...