Kerbal Khronicles

Deadweasel

As I recall, the air is perfectly breathable, its just the pollen and other stuff in it that the kerbals are fatally allergic to after living on filtered shipboard air for generations. So I would guess that over time they will become desensitized and those allergies will become less of a problem. Think hayfever rather than anaphalactic shock. :)

Its not dead! He just uploaded a chapter!

Yup. Take it easy folks. That last chapter was like all the others in this fine story - a pretty big chunk of text. It takes time to even write those, never mind proofreading and revisions. Especially if you're doing it in your spare time.

Oh no, it's most certainly not dead! I just can't write, edit and proofread each chapter in mere days is all.

The next one's about half done already though. :)

I know how that is, speaking of which I need to proof-read my next chapter

back on topic, great work as always :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Still in progress. Been writing here and there on the next chapter, but it's difficult going at the moment. I'm working through some kinks in the story line that I want to ensure are straightened out properly. It won't do to be introducing huge loopholes and pretend like nothing's amiss.

I am not JJ Abrams, nor Michael Bay!

:D

• 4 weeks later...

Part III of Slaves to the Kraath is up!

No images to add to this one (yet), but I've been beating myself silly with Blender in an attempt to get some pose-able kerbal models working toward that end.

I'm the absolute worst with texturing, not to mention more organic concepts like hair, despite having waded through lots of tutorials. It'll take some time, but I'm putting focus back into the writing for a little bit to take a break from that particular madness. :D

Fantastic - this is still one of my favourite stories on here. I love your imagining of kerbal society, the way you use bits of their language here and there and generally the way they feel so darn alien.

Hey thanks a bunch for the feedback!

Chapter 8 is already started, too. I can't promise an ETA, but the delay to completion shouldn't be as long as the last one. That is, assuming I don't suddenly have some major epiphany that has me realizing a means of animating this whole thing outright, instead!

(Don't worry. Though that's extremely unlikely, I wouldn't leave everybody hanging and wondering wtf is happening!)

Didn't even spot Chapter 9 the first time around :( That oversight has now been corrected!

I thought Chapter 9 was very well done and a good closing out of some of the Kraath material. I've always liked the character driven parts of this story, so speaking personally, 'too focused on characters' is very unlikely to be a comment that I'll make. :) With that said - action is good and woah you weren't kidding about it coming back in Chapter 10!

If any newcomers to the thread are reading this - go read Chapter 10. Do that now. Then read the whole story from the prologue onwards - you'll want to. Then read Chapter 10 again.

Edited by KSK

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.