Jed's Adventure!

sodopro

We have a facebook page now! Like us?

NOTE: In order to ease all the pain of uploading every release and such, I'm going to run Jed's Adventure on a website (for now at least). Right here I'm going to get at redirect domain up soon.

0.04 is up, with new quality of life changes, a death counter, a title screen (whopee), a game over screen, and not much else. Not the greatest update, but I'll build on it later.

Jed's Adventure!

After a very lengthy break, I'm back! Sorry about everything guys, but as I write this, I am starting to go over the game again. It's been awhile, so gimme a bit of time.

KSP_Game_zps30953f30.png

A half-done sprite, and some platform tiles.

The point of the game? JED is late to his rocket, get him there, etc. I can change it if needed.

Thanks, sodopro.

ALPHA RELEASE!

It seems the downloads have all disappeared. Do not fear, I have the files still. Will release a new bit in a bit.

Edited by sodopro

I love the idea, and I think as long as Squad knows about it and doesn't immediately try to shut you down, it's alright as long as you're not making money off it. It would be better to get their permission, though, as they could stop the project if they chose to.

I'm going to continue dev, but no releases till Squad gives some sorta go ahead.

It'll hopefully work for IOS/Android as an HTML5 page, Android might get an .apk file, but I'm not exactly sure if I want to go for mobile apps RIGHT NOW.

I'll consider it later, mostly Cause ill have to change resolutions, etc.

omg this could be really awesome XD and as a special mini game for getting Jeb to his rocket, you get to launch it as well! Follow the correct gravity turn/launch trajectory/w/e to make orbit. Idk, just thought that would be cool lol. I love the dodging/riding SRB ideas too XD

I too started learning COnstruct 2 recently. Very nifty, simple game making software. Literally drag and drop. Couldnt be more user friendly! (Well, maybe if it had a LUA scripting plugin/interface)

Hi everyone. Unfortunately I have been informed that this (against Squad's wishes, I'm sure) breaks a copyright rule.

However, I can still go on, by renaming the assets of this game. For example, our hero is not named Jebediah, but rather, Jedebiah. Likewise, Kerbals will be Kerdals. Hopefully this helps me in avoiding copyright protection, as well as a few colour changes here and there.

About dev, I'm currently occupied, so I've only really managed to finish the sprite and get basic game mechanics going. Hopefully within a few days, Ill get a video out.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'd really like to thank you for such positive feedback.

P.S. Now that copyright issues should be solved, I can make a VERY alpha release. Stay tuned!

But isn't a copyright owner allowed to give people permission to use the copyrighted item?

Yes, but that sets a dangerous precedent for Squad not protecting their copyrights.

ALPHA RELEASE!

Check the main post for DL.

It's not really a game, but rather a testbed ATM. If people could test it, that would be nice.

V 0.0.1

-Released Testbed

-Idle/Jumping animations added

-Running animation is represented by a grey scribble

-Respawn mechanics

SECOND DOWNLOAD OR SO

I managed to crash it in about 30 seconds. I ran around a lot.

So that's one thing to look out for. Good luck on the project, though!

Edited by Agent30632
PAK file is supposed to be PAK file

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.