Jed's Adventure!

sodopro

• 2 weeks later...

great to hear! can't wait (once again, i gotta stop repeating myself...) for the update!

edit: useful part

here is what needs fixing:

1: jed randomly being covered by grey scribbles

2. walking animation

3. backround

Edited by Firenexus13
See "edit"

great to hear! can't wait (once again, i gotta stop repeating myself...) for the update!

edit: useful part

here is what needs fixing:

1: jed randomly being covered by grey scribbles

2. walking animation

3. backround

As swiftgates said, the grey scribbles are a placeholder for a running animation, to make sure the animation is running.

Walking animation is about halfway down, I keep running into issues with arm body ratios.

Background is something that needs looking into. Does anyone want to help out? For details on image size, etc, pm me.

As swiftgates said, the grey scribbles are a placeholder for a running animation, to make sure the animation is running.

Walking animation is about halfway down, I keep running into issues with arm body ratios.

Background is something that needs looking into. Does anyone want to help out? For details on image size, etc, pm me.

I think it would be cool to have each background a landscape from each of the planets, scrolling in the background with parallax would be even cooler if you could do it XD I'm pretty sure you can't take screens directly from the game, but perhaps you could get somebody to do some art resembling it. I think it would be great to have that for each planet, and the gravity would be affected as well. Otherwise, I think just a generic spacecraft interior would be fine, and you wouldn't have to worry about gravity for each planet/moon.

Edit: Then again, I just went back to the first page and noticed you said that he was late to his rocket, so maybe an earthlike background through some windows, in a hallway/corridor

Edited by Ekku Zakku

I think it would be cool to have each background a landscape from each of the planets, scrolling in the background with parallax would be even cooler if you could do it XD I'm pretty sure you can't take screens directly from the game, but perhaps you could get somebody to do some art resembling it. I think it would be great to have that for each planet, and the gravity would be affected as well. Otherwise, I think just a generic spacecraft interior would be fine, and you wouldn't have to worry about gravity for each planet/moon.

Edit: Then again, I just went back to the first page and noticed you said that he was late to his rocket, so maybe an earthlike background through some windows, in a hallway/corridor

The first level will be the rocket level, then I'll expand to different worlds, levels, etc.

I'm also glad to say that The Destroyer has kindly offered to help with making the first background! Probably will be in 0.04 though, I really want to get 0.03 out ASAP.

Found a bug! if you die, the falling blocks dont respawn.

there is also a place where you have to jump off or be stuck.

Falling blocks are reset when the world is reloaded. This is part of the death system; any changes you make will stay until you reach a death limit and have to go to a game over screen, and to play again, you reload the world.

Impossible places are there for testing purposes ATM.

Thanks for the feedback though!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.