Portal 2's ending is wrong!

Excellent

Not sure if the rest of the world realized this a long time or not at all but the ending to portal is wrong

After playing KSP for about a whole year now and I have realized that if you need to get out of the moons SOI you would need an incredible force all at once (a.k.a all the air coming out of the portal) and since wheatly didnt crash back onto the moon obviously all the force needed to get into orbit around earth or even around the sun would be so immense that you wouldn't be able to hold onto anything and chells arms would've ripped off.

I'm no physicist but aren't I correct?

Maybe they are in Moon orbit, just don't show it :P

Or all of the footage ever recorded of Wheatley and the spacecore in space was recorded in the minute or so of freefall the duo would have experienced before the moon's gravity yanked them back down to its surface.

Somebody took the time to figure out exactly how long that flight would be based on their apparent velocity in that scene.

It seems they also forgot that the moon has no air even though some is coming through the portal, it wouldn't stop Chell from dyeing from lack of oxygen, also the sounds should be muffled.

She was unconcious, she just kinda held on.

Held her breath?

Also, no sound just sounds... BORING.

Wouldn't Chell have been exposed to extremely high levels of solar radiation on the surface of the moon with no eva suit? Also, if movies are anything to go by, shouldn't the side of her body facing the sun have been badly burned as well?

No need to consider, as the exposure time is very short.

YES! FINALLY! Someone on the internet that agrees with this!

i've been saying this same thing for about a year and a half!

EDIT:

They may have been ejected out of Moon's SOI:D

That would take 2.4 KM/s of acceleration from 1 little puff of air....

Who knows, maby the physical properties of objects change as they travel such a long distance trough a portal.

Quote the GlaDOS "Momentum, a function of mass and velocity, is conserved between portals. In layman's terms, speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out."

(link to it) http://p1.portal2sounds.com/sound.php?id=129&stream

Edited by rewdew2

Or all of the footage ever recorded of Wheatley and the spacecore in space was recorded in the minute or so of freefall the duo would have experienced before the moon's gravity yanked them back down to its surface.

Somebody took the time to figure out exactly how long that flight would be based on their apparent velocity in that scene.

Oh it's about 4 (ish) minutes.

2 minutes of going up, 2 going down.

and that's considering the best case scenario.

Actually, I think there's an easter egg in Skyrim where the space core crashes in the landscape and you can pick it up. Maybe by some wibbly wobbly timey wimey mechanism they were transported to a parallel universe? Maybe the portal travelling such a great distance before opening up changed something in the way it worked? Who knows, for all the record we have it's the first time a portal was opened that far.

Maybe it wasn't the Moon but a simili equivalent from Bethesda's universe, it's a lot less massive and it was enough to eject them? Just hypothesizing here lol.

EDIT: Nevermind all of this, did a quick research and turns out it's just a mod, false alarm :l

Edited by stupid_chris

Actually, I think there's an easter egg in Skyrim where the space core crashes in the landscape and you can pick it up. Maybe by some wibbly wobbly timey wimey mechanism they were transported to a parallel universe? Maybe the portal travelling such a great distance before opening up changed something in the way it worked? Who knows, for all the record we have it's the first time a portal was opened that far.

Maybe it wasn't the Moon but a simili equivalent from Bethesda's universe, it's a lot less massive and it was enough to eject them? Just hypothesizing here lol.

EDIT: Nevermind all of this, did a quick research and turns out it's just a mod, false alarm :l

there there, it's okay.

Let science hold you, it will never leave you... except when danny's playing KSP.... it's just like "nope, i'm done"

Quote the GlaDOS "Momentum, a function of mass and velocity, is conserved between portals. In layman's terms, speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out."

True, true. But what if there are variables in this function that remain unknown to us at this moment? The distance, structure and motion of the Moon might distort the things which normally apply on Earth. This is simply filosophical hypothesis, speculation, as we can not prove any of this. We do not even have a ASHPD to try these things out IRL. :P

(link to it) http://p1.portal2sounds.com/sound.php?id=129&stream

You seem to be forgetting some things:

-You're standing still when you shoot the portal at the Moon.

-It's not known how the little amount of vaccum present in the portal's succion would affect Earth's atmosphere.

-Portal technology uses Moon rocks.

-It's not known how much time has passed since Chell woke up, so the planet might have different properties.

-It's not known if the Combine invasion that takes place in HL 2 altered anything in the planet. It's not specified where Portal's events take place in relation to HL's history.

-Considering that Portal technology uses moon rocks, it's not known if the testing suit has different properties or is in fact a modifyied space suit.

-Considering that it takes 2.5 seconds for the portal to connect to the moon, it's now known if the delay affects the portal's physics.

-This is a game.

You seem to be forgetting some things:

-You're standing still when you shoot the portal at the Moon.

-It's not known how the little amount of vaccum present in the portal's succion would affect Earth's atmosphere.

-Portal technology uses Moon rocks.

-It's not known how much time has passed since Chell woke up, so the planet might have different properties.

-It's not known if the Combine invasion that takes place in HL 2 altered anything in the planet. It's not specified where Portal's events take place in relation to HL's history.

-Considering that Portal technology uses moon rocks, it's not known if the testing suit has different properties or is in fact a modifyied space suit.

-Considering that it takes 2.5 seconds for the portal to connect to the moon, it's now known if the delay affects the portal's physics.

-This is a game.

it's nothing about earth or anything. it's about whether or not air going through a momentum preserving portal can push a 10-20 pound model sphere to 2.4 KM/s. And apature science is locating in a salt mine in michigan.

What about space suits? what's that about?!

After 6 months of waiting, I get to again talk about my favourite game of all time.

Maybe they are in Moon orbit, just don't show it :P

Wrong. Shown here and here is that Wheatley hacked into (what I believe is) the Sputnik which is in Earth orbit.

Not sure if the rest of the world realized this a long time or not at all but the ending to portal is wrong

After playing KSP for about a whole year now and I have realized that if you need to get out of the moons SOI you would need an incredible force all at once (a.k.a all the air coming out of the portal) and since wheatly didnt crash back onto the moon obviously all the force needed to get into orbit around earth or even around the sun would be so immense that you wouldn't be able to hold onto anything and chells arms would've ripped off.

I'm no physicist but aren't I correct?

In Portal Chell had leg implants to let her fall long distances without getting hurt (replaced by boots in Portal 2) so why wouldn't she have implants in her arms to make them stronger? I mean, I own an ASHPD replica and it is heavy to lug around, so some arm implants would be needed to hold it for a long time.

Also, the "shoot the moon" ending was planned to be an easter egg and not be the true ending, where Chell would be sucked into space and die.

Edited by ROFLCopter64bit

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.