[0.22] UbioZur Welding Ltd. 2.0 Dev STOPPED

UbioZur

Ok, so here is the before:

I looked through all of the part configs and wasn't able to find anything about a CoMOffset.

I'm starting to look at the source malkuth posed and I think I might know the issue. The code looks at Part selectedPart = EditorLogic.fetch.PartSelected; as the root part and builds the children from there. This makes me think that if you don't select the actual root part (by shift-clicking) and dragging to "Weld," you may end up with an offset CoM.

I haven't verified this yet.

No, i think i found the problem though, i had welded a few control surfaces by accident.

Oh that could be a reason for the performance, never had it reported since it kind of not merge any lift part well (it's an old config file system).

I'm starting to look at the source malkuth posed and I think I might know the issue. The code looks at Part selectedPart = EditorLogic.fetch.PartSelected; as the root part and builds the children from there. This makes me think that if you don't select the actual root part (by shift-clicking) and dragging to "Weld," you may end up with an offset CoM.

I haven't verified this yet.

I haven't try by shift clicking to be honest, never thought of doing that test. I don't think there would be problem, but who knows.

does this work for the newest version (.23)

Thanks,

Yes, get the "Malkuth fix" download.

UbioZur, you should add a better explanation about Malkuth's version being compiled for 0.23.5

Also, I'm looking at that source code now. No promises but I'd like to try to solve the scaling issue with some mod parts. KW Rocketry parts as an example.

Yeah, I'm currently at a loss as to why some KW parts don't come out of welder at their original size.

Here's an example of what I know so far, with the KW1mRCSfuel part.

KW's mod part cfg has these scale values:

MODEL
{
scale = 0.2666, 0.2666, 0.2666
}
scale = 1

The welder output uses the original value. This makes for a much smaller model in game:

MODEL
{
}

The values that give it a correct scale are close to:

MODEL
{
scale = 0.417,0.417,0.417
}

I don't know why that value works that way yet...

Edited by mrBlaQ

does this work for the newest version (.23)

Thanks,

Yes, get the "Malkuth fix" download.

UbioZur, you should add a better explanation about Malkuth's version being compiled for 0.23.5

Also, I'm looking at that source code now. No promises but I'd like to try to solve the scaling issue with some mod parts. KW Rocketry parts as an example.

I think Malhuth post explain it quite well:

Update for 23.5 (I recompiled it for 23.5 no error codes in the actual code)

Yeah that scaling issue, it's a bit of a pain to figure out how the game apply the scaling and rescale, to what and when. I am having the same issue for the new version since I take the value from the config file and not the processed value ingame.

Okay, the control surfaces were not causing the lag, does anyone know if I can optimise the part config?

Try deleing all the unwanted node (or at lease put them on comment, with // in front of them), also make sure there is no static solar panel welded.

Could the graphic that doesn't handle it (but I don't think so), reduce your graphic setting just to check (in case).

Yeah, I'm currently at a loss as to why some KW parts don't come out of welder at their original size.

Here's an example of what I know so far, with the KW1mRCSfuel part.

KW's mod part cfg has these scale values:

MODEL
{
}
scale = 1

The welder output uses the original value. This makes for a much smaller model in game:

MODEL
{
}

The values that give it a correct scale are close to:

MODEL
{
scale = 0.417,0.417,0.417
}

I don't know why that value works that way yet...

It looks like it is MODELscale * scale * rescaleFactor (default 1.25) * rescaleFactor.

Edited by UbioZur

Really appreciating this mod right now. Managed to cut my B9 HL shuttle orbiter from 110 parts to 45, and it's also handy for putting together large station truss sections.

Shame it's not compatible with Procedural stuff, but I wasn't expecting it to.

It looks like it is MODELscale * scale * rescaleFactor (default 1.25) * rescaleFactor.

I'm not understanding this equation? Could you provide a working example? For reference, the rescaleFactor value in the welder output for my example above was 1.

Also, I note as a separate bug, the current malkuth version messes with the Action Groun Extended GUI. Weird, huh? It models in some different UI skin and not all the functions in AGX work in-flight.

I've been working on the Mobile Launch Platform, and figured getting this would be good for my Computer as the MLP is 500 parts.

However, when I weld it, I get this..mess.

NZfjdSH.png?1

When it should look like this:

BAE7NJV.png?1

If it's needed, here's the output_log.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/784skcm7i4mfa58/output_log.txt

It appears to be flipping the b9 parts around, anyway I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

I've been working on the Mobile Launch Platform, and figured getting this would be good for my Computer as the MLP is 500 parts.

However, when I weld it, I get this..mess.

http://i.imgur.com/NZfjdSH.png?1

When it should look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/BAE7NJV.png?1

If it's needed, here's the output_log.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/784skcm7i4mfa58/output_log.txt

It appears to be flipping the b9 parts around, anyway I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

The SPH does have a few issue because of a default rotation.

For the b9 parts, I have been told and also a few other parts mods does the same things.

You can just change the rotation in the model{} of the parts that don't have the good orientation.

PS: that look like a great platform!

The SPH does have a few issue because of a default rotation.

For the b9 parts, I have been told and also a few other parts mods does the same things.

You can just change the rotation in the model{} of the parts that don't have the good orientation.

PS: that look like a great platform!

ughhhhhh

that's like, 500 parts I have to manually change. I think I'll pass until a fix comes around. Still an excellent mod though :) Thanks for the compliment too!

Since it seems there are a lot of parts that would all seem to need the same orientation change, it would seem like a good candidate for a find and replace function. With find next/replace, it wouldn't seem like it would take too long to check whether it was a B9 Panel or not and only replace it if it were.

Since it seems there are a lot of parts that would all seem to need the same orientation change, it would seem like a good candidate for a find and replace function. With find next/replace, it wouldn't seem like it would take too long to check whether it was a B9 Panel or not and only replace it if it were.

That's a good work around, It shuld more or less be the same pannel that need the change, so you can look for it's name and change the position with a good find/replace.

Hi all, I think I found a bug, nothing to serious for me but...

I have install it on the 23.5(x64) and it works (+ or -), trying to weld complex parts is not possible, it weld but they don't work but that is in the info of the mod.

The bug I found is in the tree, if I create a weld (basic parts) it will create fine (no errors) but after I press ok all the items in the tree just vanish, if I reload they come back and the new part is available to research, but if I create a new one it happens again.

Best regards, and excellent work

PS, I know this is not the best version to debug a mod but hey they are thinking on adding the 64 version so... and im a good on debug things

EDIT: did not see any one talk about this version so here is my "report"

I have test some parts and here is the list

All tank (including the antimatter from the interstellar mod) are working, the kethane ones no.

All engines look like they are working ok (only combine 1 tank and a engine).

All Beams, struts and structural items are working, docking ports and landing gears not working (that depends on how many is use).

TAC life support work but only in the basic parts like pods and kitchens, the extra mods of life support wont work.

HeatShield work but separators don't (again depends on the number)

All MKS Mods Don't Work, side 2 of them (the connecting tube and cube work)

Kethane mods don't work, all refinery's don't work too (has expected)

I will add more if I see something.

Edited by custume

Hi, just installed this mod hoping to optimize some new rockets I am trying.

1) There's a part included called "welded fuel tank". I unlocked the first time I loaded the game and hovered over it in the VAB on a saved ship. The picture of the part "zoomed" out from the VAB part button and the button turned blank. Putting the part in the VAB shows what looks like a docking port attached to a cylinder of nothing with a bunch of small ladders going down the side of the nothing.

2) I welded an existing part (Rockomax 200 with 24 xenon tanks radial mounted) and it created the part. Then all the parts in the VAB became unselectable until I went to RnD and researched the new part. When I went to select the part I created, it behaved as above.

Is this working as designed?

EDIT: The "zooming" of parts doesn't occur in the structural tab, just the 2 parts in the Propulsion tabs.

Edited by xcorps

Hi, im using this mod and I have to say "no" but you can use it to create simple parts.

The problem that you have is a bug but you can fix it by editing the config file of the mod ( GameData\UbioWeldingLtd\PluginData\UbioWeldingLtd\config.xml ) and change this

"DataBaseAutoReload">1<

To

"DataBaseAutoReload">0<

Them the parts only show after you restart the game but that way will not give any error.

I have welded a lot of parts, but only simple one like fuel tanks and soo on

Regards

Hi all, I think I found a bug, nothing to serious for me but...

I have install it on the 23.5(x64) and it works (+ or -), trying to weld complex parts is not possible, it weld but they don't work but that is in the info of the mod.

The bug I found is in the tree, if I create a weld (basic parts) it will create fine (no errors) but after I press ok all the items in the tree just vanish, if I reload they come back and the new part is available to research, but if I create a new one it happens again.

Best regards, and excellent work

PS, I know this is not the best version to debug a mod but hey they are thinking on adding the 64 version so... and im a good on debug things

You did figure it out, it's better to not reload the database in game while using a lot of part mods and/or module manager.

I have test some parts and here is the list

All tank (including the antimatter from the interstellar mod) are working, the kethane ones no.

All engines look like they are working ok (only combine 1 tank and a engine).

All Beams, struts and structural items are working, docking ports and landing gears not working (that depends on how many is use).

TAC life support work but only in the basic parts like pods and kitchens, the extra mods of life support wont work.

HeatShield work but separators don't (again depends on the number)

All MKS Mods Don't Work, side 2 of them (the connecting tube and cube work)

Kethane mods don't work, all refinery's don't work too (has expected)

I will add more if I see something.

Thanks for that list, I will try to have a way to support more mods for the next version, I am currently trying to get a good career/tree/save working for the next version.

Hi, just installed this mod hoping to optimize some new rockets I am trying.

1) There's a part included called "welded fuel tank". I unlocked the first time I loaded the game and hovered over it in the VAB on a saved ship. The picture of the part "zoomed" out from the VAB part button and the button turned blank. Putting the part in the VAB shows what looks like a docking port attached to a cylinder of nothing with a bunch of small ladders going down the side of the nothing.

2) I welded an existing part (Rockomax 200 with 24 xenon tanks radial mounted) and it created the part. Then all the parts in the VAB became unselectable until I went to RnD and researched the new part. When I went to select the part I created, it behaved as above.

EDIT: The "zooming" of parts doesn't occur in the structural tab, just the 2 parts in the Propulsion tabs.

Can you pm me the config file of that part so I can have a look if it does the same thing for me please?

PM sent.

Here's a picture of the "zooming". It starts as soon as you hover the cursor, it takes about 1.5 seconds to zoom to the point where you can't see it any more. Clicking the page button resets the "zoom"

FKafIV4.png

Thanks for that list, I will try to have a way to support more mods for the next version, I am currently trying to get a good career/tree/save working for the next version.

No Problem, any time.

Here is the parts I have welded so far :

http://www.custume-server.com/up/uploads/sdffff.jpg

This one is a simple one and again work fine, cant add engines they show up using the side covers, but can stack battery's (lot of them).

This part have another problem, if I use a decoupler as a main part after the mod is discarded they will lose all the links, so all parts connections are lost, if I don't use a decoupler and use a fuel tank (for example) them they will be discarded and retain the connections.

http://www.custume-server.com/up/uploads/dfsfdsf.jpg

http://www.custume-server.com/up/uploads/sdfsaggsd.jpg

This one works good, no error and all buttoms work

http://www.custume-server.com/up/uploads/sadsad.jpg

http://www.custume-server.com/up/uploads/asdawfsda.jpg

This one was the most complex one I made, it have almost all I can add in terms of items that will not create a error, the tanks have a small problem due to the number of storage available, if the total number of some starting recourses is 0 it will set up 0 (like depleted fuel) but is a fast fix,

RESOURCE

{

name = Helium-3

amount = 0

maxAmount = 0 To maxAmount = 200 X Number of tanks

flowState = True

isTweakable = False

hideFlow = False

flowMode = Both

cant use side connections, they get confuse on the Y and Z location ( like in the next image)

http://www.custume-server.com/up/uploads/gsgdfsgd.jpg

This happens if I try to add anything on the side after weld.

If you like I can send you the good ones and the mistake ones for you to see.

Best regards

EDIT:

Im starting to use all the stuff I weld and it looks great, most of my lag come from massive number of parts, most are beams and struts and this mod weld them well, so excellent work.

EDIT 2 :

Ok I have test almost all the parts configuration and here is the full list :

Here is the list of mods im using (nevermind the version they are all up to date)

http://www.custume-server.com/up/uploads/modsss.jpg

All Complex parts are problematic

PODS = they will NOT work, the problem is on the camera function (no photo of kerman´s) the rest will work but the game thinks there are people inside the pods (but there is none).

Propulsion = all engines (minus the ones from Interstellar) will work (BUT) they will start on the runway using the covers if you use more that one (and they don't come out), all tanks work great (even the interstellar/kethane mod ones) if you use a decoupler as a primary part them in flight if you use it the welded part lose all the links between the other parts but only if you use a decoupler as 1º part.

All Interstellar mod engines will not work (they are part of the complex parts that don't work)

Control = control works fine, all buttons will show up and can stack more that one (RCS Ports don't work as expected).

Structural = all parts will work fine, decouplers don't work if you use more that one, decouplers have some problems.

Aerodynamics = all basic parts will work (BUT) all side connecting points will be in reverse and all welded parts will connect to another part by the middle and not from the edge of the part, no control surfaces will works as expected.

Utilities = here nothing works, side the batteries that you can stack a lot of them nothing work due to the complex of the parts, most of them don't work due to the mod not understanding the dll of the other mods, some are from having same effects or image (2 images or 2 function will not work), for example the lights will not work if you use more that one ( all buttons will show up but only one light will work, the rest stays off), docking ports will work if you use only one but the game will think the hole part is a docking port, so it will give problems on auto docking, by hand works ok (manual docking).

Science = here forget it science is to complex to work so nothing works, the only thing I did was a 4 way connector using the MKS Mod and only the most basic parts.

Nothing more to add, the mod as it is right now have a lot of things that can weld, and most of the problematic parts are not suppose to be welded some are but is about 15% of them.

Regards

Edited by custume

Hi again, last night I try to look at the position bug but no luck.

Looks like Unity likes to set as root parts the side stack points, for example

node_stack_bottombatteryBankLarge0 = -3.387531E-08,-5.817735,8.728989E-09,0,1,0,2

node_stack_topbatteryBankLarge6 = -3.387531E-08,5.411562,8.728989E-09,0,1,0,2

node_stack_bottomrtg20 = -1.036258,-1.6062,1.025661,0,1,0,0

node_stack_toprtg23 = -1.036258,1.008213,1.025661,0,1,0,0

node_stack_bottomrtg25 = 1.02566,-1.6062,1.036258,0,1,0,0

node_stack_toprtg28 = 1.025661,1.008213,1.036258,0,1,0,0

node_stack_bottomrtg30 = 1.036257,-1.6062,-1.025661,0,1,0,0

node_stack_toprtg33 = 1.036257,1.008213,-1.025661,0,1,0,0

node_stack_bottomrtg35 = -1.025661,-1.6062,-1.036258,0,1,0,0

node_stack_toprtg38 = -1.025661,1.008213,-1.036258,0,1,0,0

node_attach = 0,0,0,0,0,0,0

Here I do not have any side stack position but as you can see the mod adds all the stacking points it can find and it adds points that are inside the part but is unity that decides what point will be the root and normally unity tend to favor the side stack points, do not know wy or how, if I really need that point I can simply remove all the side stack points that way unity will chose a top or bottom point.

Regards

Has anyone tried to make a 'spacelift'? Like a really big stack of fueltanks/stuctural things/mainsails.

It starts as soon as you hover the cursor, it takes about 1.5 seconds to zoom to the point where you can't see it any more. Clicking the page button resets the "zoom"

That's not a problem from this mod. I have it in my game also, and I don't have UbioZur Welding yet.

Edited by ExtremeTrader

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.