[0.22] UbioZur Welding Ltd. 2.0 Dev STOPPED

UbioZur

First of all I would like to thank UbioZur for his great mod. Without it my PC would have already melted!

Unfortunately as you can see this mod is not compatible with KSP 0.24+

The good news is that it was easy to fix. The only problem was that now in KSP the price of the parts is a float value and not the integer. It is enough to change a single line in the source code and recompile it for 0.24.2, and that's all.

More specifically, it was enough to take unofficial version from malkuth http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/38577-0-22-UbioZur-Welding-Ltd-2-0-Playtest-5-Now-In-Game-Tool?p=1002144&viewfull=1#post1002144, open it in MS Visual Studio and in the file "Welder.cs" change line 910 as follows:

"_cost += newpart.partInfo.cost;" -> "_cost += (int)newpart.partInfo.cost;".

Now compile.

It's all.

You can make it yourself or download this file and replace original dll with it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftwauiq6n6x8qbd/UbioWeldingLtd.dll

to UbioZur

I'm sorry that I took the liberty to publish the corrected variant without your permission. At the same time I got the impression that the License on OP allows such actions temporarily. Anyway if you oppose my actions - I will immediately remove the link.

EDIT: Latest version

Edited by girka2k

Guest Space Cowboy

Planning to get back at the Millennium Falcon project to include landing gear and full VTOL capability when .24 functionality is uploaded. I am considering a complete rebuild to allow for attachment of the VTOL engine assembly.

screenshot126_zpsa648f21a.png

Edited by Space Cowboy

Really, I need this.

http://i.imgur.com/a28z2hI.png

That is already quite advanced.

are you suffering long loading lags with it, when it enters the scene?

First of all I would like to thank UbioZur for his great mod. Without it my PC would have already melted!

The good news is that it was easy to fix. The only problem was that now in KSP the price of the parts is a float value and not the integer. It is enough to change a single line in the source code and recompile it for 0.24.2, and that's all.

More specifically, it was enough to take unofficial version from malkuth http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/38577-0-22-UbioZur-Welding-Ltd-2-0-Playtest-5-Now-In-Game-Tool?p=1002144&viewfull=1#post1002144, open it in MS Visual Studio and in the file "Welder.cs" change line 910 as follows:

"_cost += newpart.partInfo.cost;" -> "_cost += (int)newpart.partInfo.cost;".

Now compile.

It's all.

You can make it yourself or download this file and replace original dll with it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftwauiq6n6x8qbd/UbioWeldingLtd.dll

to UbioZur

I'm sorry that I took the liberty to publish the corrected variant without your permission. At the same time I got the impression that the License on OP allows such actions temporarily. Anyway if you oppose my actions - I will immediately remove the link.

Hi Girka2k, welcome to the community.

Well your first post here is wow :D this will help so many here.

I hope that UbioZur will have some time to read it soon, so that there are no licencing problems.

Planning to get back at the Millennium Falcon project to include landing gear and full VTOL capability when .24 functionality is uploaded. I am considering a complete rebuild to allow for attachment of the VTOL engine assembly.

I love your Falcon, also downloaded and played with it. I know a mod which adds antigravity, so there would be no need for VOTL engines. And the Millenium Falcon has none.

And I want to show my latest release, only possible due to this awesome mod:

[snip]

You, sir, are a hero! I will install this in my testing environment asap!

For me it seems that when I weld a part it doesn't like to connect with any other parts like a pod for example. It will snap but always be red... Any help? First time using this mod...

For me it seems that when I weld a part it doesn't like to connect with any other parts like a pod for example. It will snap but always be red... Any help? First time using this mod...

Well, as far as I can remember, once here was discussed this problem. If I am not mistaken, the UboZur had recommended to turn root part on 90 degrees, and then attach the other...

Anyway, I never encountered such a problem

Hello everybody!

I found a small bug (or feature - I don't sure), when I was welding the service module for the space station.

It has a LOT of small batteries. Surprisingly, the mass of the welded part was about 40% higher :confused:, than total mass of source parts was calculated in VAB by VOID for example.

Little investigation showed that the reason of it was the way KSP is processing mass of some parts (including batteries).

It's so-called massless parts. It has attribute PhysicsSignificance = 1 and its mass is not taken into account by KSP, although stated in the description in VAB.

However, the original UbioZur's code adds the weight of such parts to the total mass of welded part.

I'm not sure if this was done intentionally or accidentally.

Anyway this 0.24.2-compatible patch allows you to make the processing of mass similar to stock, if settings file config.xml (included) has the line

<bool name="DontProcessMasslessParts">1</bool>

If this parameter omited or equals to "0" then mass of all parts is processed as before.

Any other attributes of parts are handled as usual.

Source code changes may be found in pull request to malkuth1974 unofficial version

I beg your pardon for my poor English :blush:. Unfortunately, I never studied it seriously.

EDIT: Latest version

Edited by girka2k

Hello everybody!

I found a small bug (or feature - I don't sure), when I was welding the service module for the space station.

It has a LOT of small batteries. Surprisingly, the mass of the welded part was about 40% higher :confused:, than total mass of source parts was calculated in VAB by VOID for example.

Little investigation showed that the reason of it was the way KSP is processing mass of some parts (including batteries).

It's so-called massless parts. It has attribute PhysicsSignificance = 1 and its mass is not taken into account by KSP, although stated in the description in VAB.

However, the original UbioZur's code adds the weight of such parts to the total mass of welded part.

I'm not sure if this was done intentionally or accidentally.

Anyway this 0.24.2-compatible patch allows you to make the processing of mass similar to stock, if settings file config.xml (included) has the line

<bool name="DontProcessMasslessParts">1</bool>

If this parameter omited or equals to "0" then mass of all parts is processed as before.

Any other attributes of parts are handled as usual.

Source code changes may be found in pull request to malkuth1974 unofficial version

I beg your pardon for my poor English :blush:. Unfortunately, I never studied it seriously.

There is really no need for you to beg.

You are really enriching the ksp community.

to Alewx, Tivec

Thank you for your kind words, but in the absence of UbioZur this mod is doomed to stagnation.

I hope that soon he will be able to return to work on this very useful mod.

That is soo true, but without correct working 64bit Version of the game, also welding is having ist problems.

I made a shield section and it consists of 700 parts, causing massive lag when entering the 2,5 action sphere around a craft. Without welding it, It wouldn't even be possible to be played with more than one frame.

So I'm really thankful that you posted your fixed version for the new game version that makes me continue building my massive interplanetary ship :)

We have to wait for UbioZur, I hope he have some time to get this mod going again.

EDIT:

On that fix the mod works but ... ... ... ...

It have a lot of incompatibility to other mods, and will crash your machine more times that before, is creating a lot of errors in the log too, and even in stock parts.

so its best to wait for UbioZur to look at it.

Edited by custume

Great news everyone! I found a way to scale your welded parts/ships. Now it is possible to make huge ships. I'm talking about multiple km big ships. Probably many of you want this.

Here an example

The original welded Reaper (made only with stock parts) was rescaled to the 6000% Version. It's now 2km tall, like in the Mass Effect series.

You will only need the tweak scale mod.

And add this lines at the end of your welded crafts part.cfg:

MODULE

{

name = TweakScale

type = free

}

I'm not sure if this is something new and or if I am the first to discover this. But I wanted to share this trick.

Currently I'm working at a Imperial Star Destroyer (will be 1.6 km long) and a Mass Relay(15 km). It looks ridiculous on the launchpad. Will update when finished.

Great news everyone! I found a way to scale your welded parts/ships. Now it is possible to make huge ships. I'm talking about multiple km big ships. Probably many of you want this.

Here an example

The original welded Reaper (made only with stock parts) was rescaled to the 6000% Version. It's now 2km tall, like in the Mass Effect series.

You will only need the tweak scale mod.

And add this lines at the end of your welded crafts part.cfg:

MODULE

{

name = TweakScale

type = free

}

I'm not sure if this is something new and or if I am the first to discover this. But I wanted to share this trick.

Currently I'm working at a Imperial Star Destroyer (will be 1.6 km long) and a Mass Relay(15 km). It looks ridiculous on the launchpad. Will update when finished.

I treid this with my Terra Nova replica but it doesn't work, can I have a download for your part's CFG file to see how you did it?

I'm still preparing modules for my megaship.

The heatshield contains about 1600 parts;

Tankmodule is about 35 parts;

Communication/Habitation module is about 40-120 parts depends on which one Ii want.

Reactor module is about 60 parts.

Missing are science module and landing pods.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.