[0.22] UbioZur Welding Ltd. 2.0 Dev STOPPED

UbioZur

Hello everyone!

While honorable UbioZur is missing, I took it upon myself to correct two small but annoying (for me) bugs.

First - incorrect rescaling of parts, containing "scale" in MODEL definition. For example, many of KW Rocketry parts or Cubic Trusses from Spherical and Toroidal Tank Pack from Talisar.

[table=align: center]

[tr]

[td]Mix of KW, Talisar & Squad parts,

prepared for welding[/td]

[td]Incorrectly welded part :(

Note correct scales of stock parts.[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]KSP-part%20mix%20for%20welding.png?dl=1[/td]

[td]KSP-bad%20rescale.png?dl=1[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Second - incorrect Center Of Mass (COM) offset calculations for parts, containing more than one model - for example, most of Talisar's Cubic Trusses or any previously welded parts :P. COM of welded part in this cases was strongly biased, sometimes beyond the welded parts.

Download here

Bug found - reuploaded here

Source changes you can find in Pull request for unofficial version from malkuth

Now I'm trying to fight against the wrong rotation of the parts with the MODEL definitions in the case of "not default" root part rotation...

to UbioZur

I'm sorry that I took the liberty to publish the corrected variant without your permission. At the same time I got the impression that the License on OP allows such actions temporarily. Anyway if you oppose my actions - I will immediately remove the link.

Of course, if you find it useful, all the changes that I made to the code can be freely used by you, or by a person you designate your deputy.

EDIT: Latest version

Edited by girka2k
fix re-uploaded

Hello everyone!

While honorable UbioZur is missing, I took it upon myself to correct two small but annoying (for me) bugs.

First - incorrect rescaling of parts, containing "scale" in MODEL definition. For example, many of KW Rocketry parts or Cubic Trusses from Spherical and Toroidal Tank Pack from Talisar.

Second - incorrect COM offset calculations for parts, containing more than one model - for example, most of Talisar's Cubic Trusses or any previously welded parts :P

Download here

Source changes you can find in Pull request for unofficial version from malkuth

to UbioZur

I'm sorry that I took the liberty to publish the corrected variant without your permission. At the same time I got the impression that the License on OP allows such actions temporarily. Anyway if you oppose my actions - I will immediately remove the link.

Of course, if you find it useful, all the changes that I made to the code can be freely used by you, or by a person you designate your deputy.

I Need to test this immediatly.

On that fix the mod works but ... ... ... ...

It have a lot of incompatibility to other mods, and will crash your machine more times that before, is creating a lot of errors in the log too, and even in stock parts.

so its best to wait for UbioZur to look at it.

Well... Maybe I'm lucky but I've got three different installations of KSP with recompiled version of plugin and I dont have any problems with stability.

Let's just say - not more problems than usual :)

Please note: i'm using 32-bit version of KSP. I have not tested this plugin on a 64-bit version and don't plan to do :)

By the way, I personally prefer to use for welding a separate installation with a full set of mods with parts and a minimal set mods with plugins - it loads much faster and it allows you to quickly see results of welding.

Edited by girka2k

Ok quick Report from my first welding test with various parts from different mods.

Parts from MagicSmokeIndustries or InfernalRobotics get scaled with the Default value, but that is better than any strange number and might be related to their tweakscale.

Some parts from NearFutureConstruction get a wrong scaling, but I could right now not tell where the origin of the new scale in the welded part Comes from.

The whole welding process is vastly faster than before, but I don't know if that is caused by MM or your improvements, aside of that, it is Close to perfection.

You did really great work on that.

PS: I welded some parts that were already welded they get completly obstructed in scale and rotation, but that is only something aside.

Edit:

Ok a little more info about the Near Future Construction parts that have strange results. The original parts have the mesh as a model integrated like a module, and there the scaling is 2, while the part rescalefactor is 1. After welding the part has a scale of 2.5f which is something I can not unterstand.

Edited by Alewx

Ok quick Report from my first welding test with various parts from different mods.

Parts from MagicSmokeIndustries or InfernalRobotics get scaled with the Default value, but that is better than any strange number and might be related to their tweakscale.

Yes, it uses TweakScale. I dont think it can be welded properly

Some parts from NearFutureConstruction get a wrong scaling, but I could right now not tell where the origin of the new scale in the welded part Comes from.

The whole welding process is vastly faster than before, but I don't know if that is caused by MM or your improvements, aside of that, it is Close to perfection.

Only performance related improvement I did is lesser debug log activity :)

You did really great work on that.

PS: I welded some parts that were already welded they get completly obstructed in scale and rotation, but that is only something aside.

Edit:

Ok a little more info about the Near Future Construction parts that have strange results. The original parts have the mesh as a model integrated like a module, and there the scaling is 2, while the part rescalefactor is 1. After welding the part has a scale of 2.5f which is something I can not unterstand.

Can I ask you to provide me a craft file by PM? Actually, I'm not quite sure that I well understood source code :confused:

It is very likely that I added own mistakes to the existing.

EDIT:

I just recently downloaded and started using Near Future mods pack, so there should not be problems with testing.

Edited by girka2k

Yes, it uses TweakScale. I dont think it can be welded properly

Only performance related improvement I did is lesser debug log activity :)

Can I ask you to provide me a craft file by PM? Actually, I'm not quite sure that I well understood source code :confused:

It is very likely that I added own mistakes to the existing.

Sure no problem I prepare a pm for you.

With the welded part and the source part that is having trouble.

But really you have saved me already soooo much time with this improvement.

HI Guys

Admittedly i have only read about 10 pages of this forum, and a few Google searches came up dry.

Has anyone else had the issue where a rocket with welded parts reaches roughly 7000m and then just explodes?

Im not even talking a Kraken strike, it just goes bananas...

I am using quite a few other mods, but i have already proven that this mod improves gameplay HUGELY!

If anyone can shed some light on this it would be much appreciated!

The mods I am using are as follows :

MechJeb

B9

KW Rocketry

Spaceplane Plus

Neat future (everything)

Interstellar lite

Tweakscale

and a few others, but those are the main culprits...

Any thoughts?

FANTASTIC mod btw, probably the most practical one iv come across to date! :P

HI Guys

Admittedly i have only read about 10 pages of this forum, and a few Google searches came up dry.

Has anyone else had the issue where a rocket with welded parts reaches roughly 7000m and then just explodes?

Im not even talking a Kraken strike, it just goes bananas...

I am using quite a few other mods, but i have already proven that this mod improves gameplay HUGELY!

If anyone can shed some light on this it would be much appreciated!

The mods I am using are as follows :

MechJeb

B9

KW Rocketry

Spaceplane Plus

Neat future (everything)

Interstellar lite

Tweakscale

and a few others, but those are the main culprits...

Any thoughts?

FANTASTIC mod btw, probably the most practical one iv come across to date! :P

Hmm strange, I use, the same mods, except the new B9 which crashes my memory :D

Normally I have a similar result with some rockets, but that is related to FAR and a TWR of more than 3, so they just go booom. but that was nothing bond to the welded parts.

You could try for testing purpose to increase the breakingForce and breakingTorque to some ridiculess high amounts, and test if that changes the result with the same rockets.

Hmm strange, I use, the same mods, except the new B9 which crashes my memory :D

Normally I have a similar result with some rockets, but that is related to FAR and a TWR of more than 3, so they just go booom. but that was nothing bond to the welded parts.

You could try for testing purpose to increase the breakingForce and breakingTorque to some ridiculess high amounts, and test if that changes the result with the same rockets.

Thanks Alewx - my reliable source of answers :P

The twr was 4.something - i have a standard heavy lifter which i use for all payloads over 25 tons - this pay load was 28, sooo maybe slightly overpowered, suppose i should drop a booster or two :P

Ill give it a try after work tonight and let you know if this has helped.

Thanks man!

Regards

The Gecko

EDIT : as promised, i did check it out. Fix Worked like a charm, managed to get hardly any yellow numbers d/t reduced frame rated, docking with another ship proved easy and smooth!

Edited by Gecko99

• 2 weeks later...

Can somebody update this to .24.2, please? It's a really cool mods, and very useful, so please, someone, update it.

- - - Updated - - -

Can somebody update this to .24.2, please? It's a really cool mods, and very useful, so please, someone, update it.

- - - Updated - - -

Already done:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/38577-0-22-UbioZur-Welding-Ltd-2-0-Dev-Slowdown?p=1341395&viewfull=1#post1341395

and

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/38577-0-22-UbioZur-Welding-Ltd-2-0-Dev-Slowdown?p=1388677&viewfull=1#post1388677

Hello Girka,

Sorry to bother you.

But I guess I do not realy understand or cannot get Ubiowelding working on 0.24.2 32bit.

I Guess the welding button should come up in VAB and SPH, (It does not)

Are the following files 0.24+ compatible????

I have downloaded the files:

Thanks to the vigilance Alewx there was a bug found in my fix. So I post here fix for my fix :confused: from this post.

Since I think this looks a great Tool (Thanks for the Modification to you, Malkuth and UbioZur)

(If there is a double repost of this, I apologize, Cannot find it)

Hello Girka,

Sorry to bother you.

But I guess I do not realy understand or cannot get Ubiowelding working on 0.24.2 32bit.

I Guess the welding button should come up in VAB and SPH, (It does not)

Are the following files 0.24+ compatible????

I have downloaded the files:

Thanks to the vigilance Alewx there was a bug found in my fix. So I post here fix for my fix :confused: from this post.

Or is it possible to get the whole mod together?

I have also tried the Malkuth solution, but cannot get it to work.

this is from debug:

[Log]: AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'UbioZurWeldingLtd' from assembly 'UbioWeldingLtd'

Since I think this looks a great Tool (Thanks for the Modification to you, Malkuth and UbioZur)

Hello Kerbture!

You need to download malkuth fix and install it in GameData as usual.

Then replace the files UbioWeldingLtd.dll and config.xml with ones from my fix.

Now in VAB (and probably in SHP, I think) you should see the "Weld" button in the top right corner of the screen. It's all...

And yes, I use it exactly in 0.24.2 32bit

great addon / plugin!! I've downloaded the fix from malkuth, but whenever I drop parts to the "Weld it" - button no new part is created, no matter what name I indicate or whatever. What I'm doing wrong?

Do you get after that the confirmation that a new part was saved?

Otherwise please provide the ksp.log or the Output.log.

To those updating and fixing this. You may wish to look at how it is calculating drag, mass, and impact tolerance. I have recently built some parts and those values went odd. Mainly drag and impact. I built a truss system with each piece having 80m/s IT...when I was done the truss had an IT of 300M/s. This is in contrast to a logical averaging of the parts. Drag also gets a little odd as it looks like the more parts are added...the less drag the part has...or more...it swings.

To those updating and fixing this. You may wish to look at how it is calculating drag, mass, and impact tolerance. I have recently built some parts and those values went odd. Mainly drag and impact. I built a truss system with each piece having 80m/s IT...when I was done the truss had an IT of 300M/s. This is in contrast to a logical averaging of the parts. Drag also gets a little odd as it looks like the more parts are added...the less drag the part has...or more...it swings.

Indeed, impact tolerance is calculated in some strange way, it would be nice to fix it.

As for the drag... First question: do you use FAR? If not, then drag depends only on the mass. If yes - hmmm... Have you tried to fly on craft with unwelded parts, then on same craft with welded parts, and then compare the readings from FAR? In first place is there any difference between values of "Reference area"? And second - in values of "Q" on same speed and altitude?

And as for mass, I believe, now (massless parts fix description, link to lates tfix version) it calculates correctly. If you noticed back - won't you please upload an example .craft file you trying to weld?

I do get the confirmation that a new part was saved. But when you look through the part's list after it, no new part is available. I will provide the ksp.log when I'm home.

OK, do you also use, PartCatalog or something like it?

Also to get a welded part available in the partslist, requires a restart of the game.

But the log will give more information.

OK, do you also use, PartCatalog or something like it?

Also to get a welded part available in the partslist, requires a restart of the game.

But the log will give more information.

Just get into the config.xml and change 0 to 1

<!-- Toggle the auto reload of the database -->

<bool name="DataBaseAutoReload">0</bool>

The Path: GameData\UbioWeldingLtd\PluginData\UbioWeldingLtd\config.xml

DO NOT!!!!

It will break the gamedatabase!!

Edited by Kerbture
Faulty information

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.