[0.22] UbioZur Welding Ltd. 2.0 Dev STOPPED

UbioZur

It works with drag & drop.

I tested it personally.

Just drag your parts, and drop them on the button on the stock toolbar.

Errr... Not exactly so...

You should open the mod's window by clicking on stock toolbar button, then drag parts and click "Weld it" button.

At least, it is supposed to work this way from this commit... Anyway for me it works exactly that way - I also checked it personally just now :confused:

Errr... Not exactly so...

You should open the mod's window by clicking on stock toolbar button, then drag parts and click "Weld it" button.

At least, it is supposed to work this way from this commit... Anyway for me it works exactly that way - I also checked it personally just now :confused:

Cheater, I was driving home on the highway in that moment :P

But true, the way I described it was before we added the welding window.

Edit: Guys, listen to him, he knows it :) tried it and bam yeah you are right.

Edited by Alewx

You've made a Vogon Constructor Fleet!

They hang in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.

The explosions of the Star Destroyers was a bit ... Can't you store something in there that blows up in a cascade? And big chunks of the hull breaking off and tumbling away ...

Edited by Azimech

I've encounter the error that messes up rotation on parts when you weld them.

As you can see in the picture. it's only the c7 parts that are messed up, which are now stock parts.

so is there anything I can do to fix this.

sorry if it's already been explained before

​wyk0BY8l.png

I've encounter the error that messes up rotation on parts when you weld them.

As you can see in the picture. it's only the c7 parts that are messed up, which are now stock parts.

so is there anything I can do to fix this.

sorry if it's already been explained before

​http://i.imgur.com/wyk0BY8l.png

YES! YES! I want your .craft file!!! :)

Seriously, right now I'm working on this bug and badly need bad examples for testing.

I mean .craft file before welding

Edited by girka2k

Sure thing. although I can't take credit for it. personally I don't feel comfortable redistributing someone else's work, but I can give you the download. it's the craft titled Normandy.

Many thanks. And yes, only for testing purposes!

Yay it's the normandy, yeah the new update broke my ship. But I will build a new version when we get the beta.

Edit:

I had problems with all my welded crafts, after the last update. It's because Squad changed many part names and their part folders directories.

You have two options:

1. Load the unwelded craft and weld it again or

2. Change the old part names and directories to the new ones in the part.cfg of the welded part. And if the craft uses the newly added parts from SPP, you are f**ked, just rebuild it. That's what I have to do with the normandy. But i will wait for the beta with the new mk3 parts.

Edited by Space Scumbag

How come that my welded part is translucent when i place it and won't connect?

That is because the last attachnode in the list of the part itself is not having the correct orientation.

the last attachnode always has to be one that is having a upwards direction, but the welding tool currently works through them by list, having one with a downwards directs as last one.

You would have to manually Change that sadly. But Girka2k is working on that.

Greetings,

that plugin looks really promising! I just wonder why the welded subparts are so expensive to purchase afterwards. Is there some factor multiplying the base costs of the welded construction?

No, the cost of welded part is simply the total cost of all parts and resources. Anyway, nothing else in the source code.

Can you give an example please (.craft file and welded part's .cfg)?

Because UbioZur has allowed to update his work for new game versions, Alewx and I have released the next update for this great mod.

Download

Sources

2014-11-01

• Fixed wrong rotation of models in some cases (especially in SHP)
  • Now topmost and lowest nodes are placed to the end of list for fix impossibility to attach welded part to other in VAB/SHP. (It is assumed that the topmost and lowest nodes, most likely, are stack nodes)
  • Most floating-point values (excluding amount of resources) of welded part are rounded to 5 fractional digits
  • Some other minor fixes

2014-10-21

• KSP 0.25 compatibility
  • Stock Toolbar integration.
  • Added the GUI to change most settings.
  • Added ability for change requiredTech from GUI.
  • Improved naming of the partfiles - now welded part can be saved in file named like folder (for example "WeldedPod.cfg", not "part.cfg").
  • Tweakscale integration. Now it reads scale from scene part to include tweakscale.
  • Added the correct addition of entryCosts.
  • The ModuleAttributeList.xml gives you the ability to edit how the tool will process the merging of certain modules and their attributes. For details, see comments in the ModuleAttributeLists.xml file.

• <Vector2CurveModules> section is the list of modules that have to be read as vector2 curves, as an example the ISP of an RCS thruster.
    • In <Vector4CurveModules> list are modules that will be read as vector4Curves that means they will create curves from floatpoints and tangents. There is a thread in the forum just about the magic of floatpoint tangents.
    • <SubModules> list contains the Submodules that otherwise would be ignored and not merged, Adding an entry here will give the tool the ability to merge the attributes in it.
    • Modules in <ModulesToIgnore> list will be completly ignored from the tool and not get added to the new part.
    • Entries in <AveragedModuleAttributes> will make sure that the tool will not simply add the values of this attribute from the different parts and modules up, but will calculate it as aritmetric mean (average).
    • Entries in <UnchangedModuleAttributes> list will give the tool the order to not merge the values for this attribute.
    • <BreakingModuleAttributes> might be the most important list of Attributes, the entries here will give the tool the order to check if the values of these attributes are equal, and only allow then the merging or the module, otherwise a new module would be added.

[*] Fixed crashTolerance, breakingForce and breakingTorque calculation. Improved MaxTemp calculation.

• Now there is three methods of calculation crashTolerance, breakingForce and breakingTorque values:
      • legacy (UbioZur variant)
      • arithmetic mean value of the values of parts
      • weighted average by mass (now it's default)

[*] Also it presents new ways of calculation of MaxTemp:

• arithmetic mean value of the values of parts (UbioZur variant)
      • weighted average by mass
      • lowest between values of parts (now it's default)

[*] Changed config file format (and name).

[*] Fixed miscalculation in case of resources which have not equal amount and maxAmount values.

2014-09-02

• Fixes incorrect rescaling of parts, containing "scale" in MODEL description.

2014-09-01

• Fixed incorrect calculation of COM offset.

2014-08-12

• KSP 0.24 compatibility.
  • Changed massless parts processing behavior.

Legal stuff:

This work based on Malkuth's update for UbioZur's original code.

All rights to original source code belong to UbioZur, the rights to subsequent code changes belong to their authors.

These code changes may be freely used by the UbioZur or persons whom he has appointed.

Please note THIS IS NOT AN OFFICAL RELEASE FROM UbioZur!!!

@UbioZur: We along with Alewx would be delighted to receive your official blessing for the continuation of our work (or, at worst, the official ban). If you find it possible - please contact anyone of us.

Edited by girka2k

@houndman

In this post you are mentioned bug with uncontrolled grow of part's previews on mouseover in VAB/SHP.

I conducted a series of experiments and found that this happens only with parts that contains three or more different resources.

For example, MonoPropellant + ElectricCharge = no_problems. LiquidFuel + Oxidizer + ElectricCharge = bug.

Probably the problem in the KSP itself. In the end, none of the standard parts does contain more than two resources, I think.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.