[0.22] UbioZur Welding Ltd. 2.0 Dev STOPPED

UbioZur

Ok could you please enable the advanced Debugging for the welding and then weld a part and send us the log of that.

There are some Points:

• You are the second who said that the camera after at launch would move to strange position and rotation, which has nothing directly to do with the welding but maybe the parts.
  • Welding happens inside the editor and it creates a new part, to use this new part, you need to enable the database reload in the welding settings, or restart the game, welded parts do by default not appear in the running season of the game.
  • Regulary the editor should be cleaned after the welding process, that is why I ask you for a log with the advanced debug option.

Sorry about the slow response to this, I was away all weekend.

I have a few more notes from my last attempt (before I got your message about turning on debugging):

* I have restarted the game several times, since I'd read the cautions about not all mods like being reloaded in the middle of the game. The parts I welded still do not appear in the list of available parts.

* One time, I tried welding my part, the welding GUI wouldn't close after clicking the weld button, so I exited the VAB (ended up 'beside' it again), clicked on it again to re-enter, tried picking a Huge HexCan (from EPL) and the part appeared halfway buried in the 'floor' of the VAB. This makes me suspect that something is messing up the coordinate system within the game.

* I tried welding a couple of metal cans (from EPL), and did get the GUI to give me some options, then close. When re-loading the craft, only 1 part (out of the two claimed to be there) was visible!

* I tried putting that 'craft' on the launch pad, and got an error message about 'craft size unknown'

* Now I can't get the craft 'Load' GUI to appear in the VAB or SPH! So my game is broken until I sort that out. I'm going to try removing the broken craft files and see if that fixes things.

I'm doing this on OSX with the standard iMac keyboard, and the OS is hijacking the function keys, so I can't use all of them. Not all of them seem to remap as easily as others. I'm still sorting out how to get access to the function-key functionality, but I haven't looked at it hard. I will try to find time today to get my game working again and see if I can debug some of this for you.

- - - Updated - - -

@Redchrome By the way, do you, by chance, have no Kerbal Konstructs installed?

I do not know what Kerbal Konstructs is, I do not have it installed.

I will post my list of installed mods when I start debugging this more assiduously.

@Redchrome

As far as I can tell, you are the first known user of this mod who uses OSX! For this mod it is not surprising that it doesn't work on your system!

There already were problems on Linux, we were able to correct them. Most likely, we will be able to help you too, but first you will need to provide logs - I don't know how some things works in OSX version of KSP.

Edited by girka2k
typo

I tried to do a simple test of welding a couple of parts together and taking detailed notes and screenshots. However, everything worked pretty much as I would expect it to, without any glaring bugs.

So I don't yet have a detailed example of things breaking. On the upside, I have a useful baseline of comparison for when things work as expected. For the record, below is a listing of what I did and the results I got.

If you'd like, PM me and I'll send you the screenshots and my KSP.log.

Now to try more things and see what breaks and when. I wouldn't be surprised if my earlier problems were due to some quirk of the parts I was using.

Started a new game named welding_debug, Sandbox mode, Easy Difficulty

Upon loading, I got the welcome message from Gene Kerman (and chose "Thanks, I've got it"),
and the EPL dialog with the default options "Always use resources" and "Allow progressive builds" set (and chose "OK").

Opened the debug menu by pressing Option+F12 (previously having changed my keyboard settings using the advice here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/31391-Opening-debug-console-on-a-Mac since I'm doing this on OSX).
Noted that this took a screenshot at the same time, but I think this is a feature of Steam since it didn't go into the usual KSP screenshots directory.

Clicked on VAB
With no ship loaded, tried clicking the Welding button to see if I could bring up a settings configuration. No result.

Load menu works (it stopped working in my other sandbox game after I tried experimenting with welding)

Starting with nothing, I chose an FL-T100 tank which became my root part in the expected position.
Choosing another FL-T100 I connected it on top of the first tank.

Clicking on the Welding button, I now get a GUI with a 'Settings' button.
Took screenshot
Set 'Advanced Debug' and 'Database Autoreload' from the Settings menu
Took screenshot
Saved settings
Took screenshot

Chose the 'Weld it' button.
Gave it a name.
took a screenshot
Got the welding progress dialog, and lots of data scrolled by on the debug menu. Processed for a long time, then gave a dialog saying "New part saved and shipped!"
Clicked 'Ok'
New part now available in the Fuel Tanks menu.
I even found a part I'd welded before, but thought didn't work.

Exited VAB
Camera view was normal

Quit the game
Saved KSP.log

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I have what appears to be a repeat of the bug I experienced before. Here's my testing methodology and screenshots of the result. PM me and I'll send you my KSP.log file.

Loaded saved game welding_debug, Sandbox mode, Easy DifficultyOpened the debug menu and set it to show the debug log.
clicked on VAB

Starting with nothing, chose an MSV-2000 metal can from EPL.
I note that this can, when the module was first installed on my system, used to appear in the Utility menu.
Now it is only visible on the Metal resource type on the Advanced part selection menu.

Verified welding Advanced Debug was turned on

Chose a second MSV-2000 can and put it atop the first one.

Got no progress on the welding GUI.
debug log showed "-- End Welding -- | 2 parts welded"
debug log showed "[Exception] IndexOutOfRangeException Array Index is out of range"
The part cannot be moved around the VAB.
GUI does not go away.
took a screenshot
[img=http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm12/redchrome/KSP%20Welding%20debug/screenshot15.png]

Exited VAB
Found that the camera view was from beside the VAB, facing the SPH.
took screenshot
[img=http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm12/redchrome/KSP%20Welding%20debug/screenshot16.png]

quit the game
saved KSP.log

- - - Updated - - -

Further testing, as before, PM me for the KSP.log of this debugging session.

Loaded saved game welding_debug, Sandbox mode, Easy Difficulty
clicked on VAB

As before, I note that this can, when the module was first installed on my system, used to appear in the Utility menu.
Now it is only visible on the Metal resource type on the Advanced part selection menu.

Choose two Rockomax Brand Adapters and put them on either end of the container, inverting the lower one so the whole assembly is tapered
at each end.
Attached a Clamp-O-Tron docking port to each end, inverting the lower one so that it is usable.

Realized I'd forgotten the debug menu. Opened the debug menu and set it to show the debug log.

Verified welding Advanced debug is turned on

As before, GUI froze, exception appeared in log.
Took screenshot
[img=http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm12/redchrome/KSP%20Welding%20debug/screenshot17.png]

Exited VAB
As before, view after exiting VAB was facing the SPH rather than the conventional higher view.
Upon re-entering the VAB, I noted that only the root part of the craft I had worked on, was visible.
Also that the name was "VesselName" instead of "Untitled Space Craft".
Also that the part-picker sidebar was unusable.
Took screenshot.
[img=http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm12/redchrome/KSP%20Welding%20debug/screenshot18.png]

Exited VAB
Took screenshot of debug log as a reference for what was going on at this point in the log
[img=http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm12/redchrome/KSP%20Welding%20debug/screenshot25.png]

Clicked on VAB again
No vessed visible this time
Chose the Mk3 fuel tank long fuselage section.
Noted that the part appeared with one end of it on the 'floor' of the VAB instead of in midair. On one previous occasion I saw a part (a
Large Rocket Parts can) buried halfway into the floor when it appeared. Perhaps the difference in whether the part appears on the floor
or buried halfway into the floor is based on the origin of a coordinate system describing the part?
Took screenshot
[img=http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm12/redchrome/KSP%20Welding%20debug/screenshot27.png]

quit the game
saved KSP.log

Because UbioZur has kindly allowed to update his work, Girka2k and I have released the next update for this great mod.

Download

Latest changes:

• Compatibility with KSP 0.90
  • Added Partselection
  • Fixed problems with Config laoding
  • Added <MaximizedModuleAttributes> for values where only the highest is wanted like the new SAS Level
  • Added <ModulesToMultiply> for Modules that shall be added mutliple times
  • Fixed problems with Modulemerging where sometimes modules would not be added correctly

2014-12-31 (ver2.1.0)

• Added Partselection
  • Fixed problems with Config laoding
  • Added <MaximizedModuleAttributes> for values where only the highest is wanted like the new SAS Level
  • Added <ModulesToMultiply> for Modules that shall be added mutliple times
  • Fixed problems with Modulemerging where sometimes modules would not be added correctly

2014-12-03 (ver.05)

• Fixed wrong rescaling of some models in KSP 0.25
  • Improved database reloading with ModuleManager installed
  • Updated <ModulesToIgnore> list
  • Dropped compatibility with KSP 0.24.

2014-11-01 (ver.04)

• Fixed wrong rotation of models in some cases (especially in SHP)
  • Now topmost and lowest nodes are placed to the end of list for fix impossibility to attach welded part to other in VAB/SHP. (It is assumed that the topmost and lowest nodes, most likely, are stack nodes)
  • Most floating-point values (excluding amount of resources) of welded part are rounded to 5 fractional digits
  • Some other minor fixes

2014-10-21

• KSP 0.25 compatibility
  • Stock Toolbar integration.
  • Added the GUI to change most settings.
  • Added ability for change requiredTech from GUI.
  • Improved naming of the partfiles - now welded part can be saved in file named like folder (for example "WeldedPod.cfg", not "part.cfg").
  • Tweakscale integration. Now it reads scale from scene part to include tweakscale.
  • Added the correct addition of entryCosts.
  • The ModuleAttributeList.xml gives you the ability to edit how the tool will process the merging of certain modules and their attributes. For details, see comments in the ModuleAttributeLists.xml file.

• <Vector2CurveModules> section is the list of modules that have to be read as vector2 curves, as an example the ISP of an RCS thruster.
    • In <Vector4CurveModules> list are modules that will be read as vector4Curves that means they will create curves from floatpoints and tangents. There is a thread in the forum just about the magic of floatpoint tangents.
    • <SubModules> list contains the Submodules that otherwise would be ignored and not merged, Adding an entry here will give the tool the ability to merge the attributes in it.
    • Modules in <ModulesToIgnore> list will be completly ignored from the tool and not get added to the new part.
    • Entries in <AveragedModuleAttributes> will make sure that the tool will not simply add the values of this attribute from the different parts and modules up, but will calculate it as aritmetric mean (average).
    • Entries in <UnchangedModuleAttributes> list will give the tool the order to not merge the values for this attribute.
    • <BreakingModuleAttributes> might be the most important list of Attributes, the entries here will give the tool the order to check if the values of these attributes are equal, and only allow then the merging or the module, otherwise a new module would be added.

[*] Fixed crashTolerance, breakingForce and breakingTorque calculation. Improved MaxTemp calculation.

• Now there is three methods of calculation crashTolerance, breakingForce and breakingTorque values:
      • legacy (UbioZur variant)
      • arithmetic mean value of the values of parts
      • weighted average by mass (now it's default)

[*] Also it presents new ways of calculation of MaxTemp:

• arithmetic mean value of the values of parts (UbioZur variant)
      • weighted average by mass
      • lowest between values of parts (now it's default)

[*] Changed config file format (and name).

[*] Fixed miscalculation in case of resources which have not equal amount and maxAmount values.

2014-09-02

• Fixes incorrect rescaling of parts, containing "scale" in MODEL description.

2014-09-01

• Fixed incorrect calculation of COM offset.

2014-08-12

• KSP 0.24 compatibility.
  • Changed massless parts processing behavior.

Sources

Please note that this version is incompatible with KSP 0.25!

The latest version for 0.25

The latest version for 0.24.2

Legal stuff:

This work based on Malkuth's update for UbioZur's original code.

https://i.creativecommons.org/l/by-nc-sa/4.0/88x31.png

We will open a new thread the moment we change from maintaining this tool to releasing our own tool for this mod.

Please note this is not an official release from UbioZur!!!

Thank you UbioZur for kind permission to continue your work!

Is there an update for the latest version of .90?

I tried to do a simple test of welding a couple of parts together and taking detailed notes and screenshots. However, everything worked pretty much as I would expect it to, without any glaring bugs.

So I don't yet have a detailed example of things breaking. On the upside, I have a useful baseline of comparison for when things work as expected. For the record, below is a listing of what I did and the results I got.

(skip)

Well, it's all fine, thanks for the detailed report, but exactly what I'm need for start is full KSP.log and/or Player.log :blush:.

KSP shows not all information in debug console. Moreover I badly need some data from log when EDITOR scene just loaded.

I am quite sure that problem is at least "/" OS path delimiter like as in Linux, not "\". Using info from the log I'll make little addition to code and will propose you to test new build.

- - - Updated - - -

(skip)

Latest changes:

(skip)

Is there an update for the latest version of .90?

Yes, that's it

Edited by girka2k

Now to try more things and see what breaks and when. I wouldn't be surprised if my earlier problems were due to some quirk of the parts I was using.

Started a new game named welding_debug, Sandbox mode, Easy Difficulty

Upon loading, I got the welcome message from Gene Kerman (and chose "Thanks, I've got it"),
and the EPL dialog with the default options "Always use resources" and "Allow progressive builds" set (and chose "OK").

Opened the debug menu by pressing Option+F12 (previously having changed my keyboard settings using the advice here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/31391-Opening-debug-console-on-a-Mac since I'm doing this on OSX).
Noted that this took a screenshot at the same time, but I think this is a feature of Steam since it didn't go into the usual KSP screenshots directory.

Clicked on VAB
With no ship loaded, tried clicking the Welding button to see if I could bring up a settings configuration. No result.

Load menu works (it stopped working in my other sandbox game after I tried experimenting with welding)

Starting with nothing, I chose an FL-T100 tank which became my root part in the expected position.
Choosing another FL-T100 I connected it on top of the first tank.

Clicking on the Welding button, I now get a GUI with a 'Settings' button.
Took screenshot
Set 'Advanced Debug' and 'Database Autoreload' from the Settings menu
Took screenshot
Saved settings
Took screenshot

Gave it a name.
took a screenshot
Got the welding progress dialog, and lots of data scrolled by on the debug menu. Processed for a long time, then gave a dialog saying "New part saved and shipped!"
Clicked 'Ok'
New part now available in the Fuel Tanks menu.
I even found a part I'd welded before, but thought didn't work.

Exited VAB
Camera view was normal

Quit the game
Saved KSP.log

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I have what appears to be a repeat of the bug I experienced before. Here's my testing methodology and screenshots of the result. PM me and I'll send you my KSP.log file.

Loaded saved game welding_debug, Sandbox mode, Easy DifficultyOpened the debug menu and set it to show the debug log.
clicked on VAB

I note that this can, when the module was first installed on my system, used to appear in the Utility menu.

Verified welding Advanced Debug was turned on

Chose a second MSV-2000 can and put it atop the first one.

Got no progress on the welding GUI.
debug log showed "-- End Welding -- | 2 parts welded"
debug log showed "[Exception] IndexOutOfRangeException Array Index is out of range"
The part cannot be moved around the VAB.
GUI does not go away.
took a screenshot
[url]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm12/redchrome/KSP%20Welding%20debug/screenshot15.png[/url]

Exited VAB
Found that the camera view was from beside the VAB, facing the SPH.
took screenshot
[url]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm12/redchrome/KSP%20Welding%20debug/screenshot16.png[/url]

quit the game
saved KSP.log

- - - Updated - - -

Further testing, as before, PM me for the KSP.log of this debugging session.

Loaded saved game welding_debug, Sandbox mode, Easy Difficulty
clicked on VAB

As before, I note that this can, when the module was first installed on my system, used to appear in the Utility menu.

Choose two Rockomax Brand Adapters and put them on either end of the container, inverting the lower one so the whole assembly is tapered
at each end.
Attached a Clamp-O-Tron docking port to each end, inverting the lower one so that it is usable.

Realized I'd forgotten the debug menu. Opened the debug menu and set it to show the debug log.

Verified welding Advanced debug is turned on

As before, GUI froze, exception appeared in log.
Took screenshot
[url]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm12/redchrome/KSP%20Welding%20debug/screenshot17.png[/url]

Exited VAB
As before, view after exiting VAB was facing the SPH rather than the conventional higher view.
Upon re-entering the VAB, I noted that only the root part of the craft I had worked on, was visible.
Also that the name was "VesselName" instead of "Untitled Space Craft".
Also that the part-picker sidebar was unusable.
Took screenshot.
[url]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm12/redchrome/KSP%20Welding%20debug/screenshot18.png[/url]

Exited VAB
Took screenshot of debug log as a reference for what was going on at this point in the log
[url]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm12/redchrome/KSP%20Welding%20debug/screenshot25.png[/url]

Clicked on VAB again
No vessed visible this time
Chose the Mk3 fuel tank long fuselage section.
Noted that the part appeared with one end of it on the 'floor' of the VAB instead of in midair. On one previous occasion I saw a part (a
Large Rocket Parts can) buried halfway into the floor when it appeared. Perhaps the difference in whether the part appears on the floor
or buried halfway into the floor is based on the origin of a coordinate system describing the part?
Took screenshot
[url]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm12/redchrome/KSP%20Welding%20debug/screenshot27.png[/url]

quit the game
saved KSP.log

Might be a similar problem like with Linux, OSX filesystem is different so the last screenshot indicates that it was not able to load the config causing total failure.

Little hint, welding multiple docking ports is not the best idea, later in game handling them gets quite problematic.

Well, it's all fine, thanks for the detailed report, but exactly what I'm need for start is full KSP.log and/or Player.log :blush:.

KSP shows not all information in debug console. Moreover I badly need some data from log when EDITOR scene just loaded.

PM sent with logs. let me know if you need more.

I do not know about Player.log, I do not seem to have one of those, I'll read the thread you linked to tho, thank you.

PM sent with logs. let me know if you need more.

I do not know about Player.log, I do not seem to have one of those, I'll read the thread you linked to tho, thank you.

After first look at the logs, the problem is not the config, that runs fine.

Seems more like a problem with the category.

Might be a similar problem like with Linux, OSX filesystem is different so the last screenshot indicates that it was not able to load the config causing total failure.

Little hint, welding multiple docking ports is not the best idea, later in game handling them gets quite problematic.

OSX uses the same slash (/) direction as Linux, so I'd think that if you made it work for Linux it would work for OSX.

If need be I can try KSP on my Linux box. It has a faster processor but crappier graphics card, so I play on OSX.

I don't have a Windows machine capable of running KSP.

I wasn't sure about welding docking ports, so I built a test article, and as you say, so far it seems that more than one docking port per welded part breaks. This part welded successfully but I couldn't dock to it.

Also, I was amused at the progress going to 102%. :)

adapter-doesnt_work.jpg

I'm compiling a list of do's and don'ts for welding based on what I've read in this thread and my experience:

Do not use with:

* B9

* KW Rocketry

* Infernal Robotics

* Firespitter

* Procedural parts

* Engines

* Wings

* Solar panels

* lights

* Anything with animations

* more than one docking port

* struts

My experience with struts was based on this part:

screenshot41.png

Which after welding looked like this:

screenshot39.png

The solar panels not being extendible is not surprising, I knew about that limitation before. The struts being rotated 90 degrees was a surprise tho.

Is that a known bug, or something new?

Perhaps related to the craft and its odd orientation of fuel tanks?

I think I have the KSP.log from that as well if you'd like to look at it, or else I can re-generate it easily enough, or build some test pieces.

OSX uses the same slash (/) direction as Linux, so I'd think that if you made it work for Linux it would work for OSX.

If need be I can try KSP on my Linux box. It has a faster processor but crappier graphics card, so I play on OSX.

I don't have a Windows machine capable of running KSP.

I wasn't sure about welding docking ports, so I built a test article, and as you say, so far it seems that more than one docking port per welded part breaks. This part welded successfully but I couldn't dock to it.

Also, I was amused at the progress going to 102%. :)

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm12/redchrome/KSP%20Welding%20debug/adapter-doesnt_work.jpg

I'm compiling a list of do's and don'ts for welding based on what I've read in this thread and my experience:

Do not use with:

* B9

* KW Rocketry

* Infernal Robotics

* Firespitter

* Procedural parts

* Engines

* Wings

* Solar panels

* lights

* more than one docking port

* struts

My experience with struts was based on this part:

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm12/redchrome/KSP%20Welding%20debug/screenshot41.png

Which after welding looked like this:

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm12/redchrome/KSP%20Welding%20debug/screenshot39.png

The solar panels not being extendible is not surprising, I knew about that limitation before. The struts being rotated 90 degrees was a surprise tho.

Is that a known bug, or something new?

Perhaps related to the craft and its odd orientation of fuel tanks?

I think I have the KSP.log from that as well if you'd like to look at it, or else I can re-generate it easily enough, or build some test pieces.

The struts are a known issue, and I'm planning to add a feature to remove all struts from welded parts before they are processed. They are semi-procedural parts so they would break anyway, but the rotation of them should not be, but has nothing to do with the rotation of the other parts.

Girka2k made the Linux adaptation, maybe I can add OSX to it, without breaking stuff, but he is more capable than I with that.

The 102% progress is indeed really funny, but that is gathered directly from ModuleManager, not part of Welding.

I saw in the screenshots that you select parts before welding this is only required in case you want to weld just a branch of the craft, otherwise it takes the whole craft in the VAB/SPH for welding.

The struts are a known issue, and I'm planning to add a feature to remove all struts from welded parts before they are processed.

Oh good, thank you.

It would be very helpful to put in a warning message saying something like "Struts are semi-procedural parts and will break, so I am removing them from the weldment". (If you aren't familiar with the word, "weldment" is what welders call a welded part.)

They are semi-procedural parts so they would break anyway, but the rotation of them should not be, but has nothing to do with the rotation of the other parts.

Ah, I should have recognized that they are procedural.

I saw in the screenshots that you select parts before welding this is only required in case you want to weld just a branch of the craft, otherwise it takes the whole craft in the VAB/SPH for welding.

I never selected parts before welding. I always just tried to weld the whole thing. I haven't experimented with welding just part of a craft yet.

The craft always lights up purple when I weld. Is that not expected behavior?

Oh good, thank you.

It would be very helpful to put in a warning message saying something like "Struts are semi-procedural parts and will break, so I am removing them from the weldment". (If you aren't familiar with the word, "weldment" is what welders call a welded part.)

Thanks for the hint, I will include it.

I never selected parts before welding. I always just tried to weld the whole thing. I haven't experimented with welding just part of a craft yet.

The craft always lights up purple when I weld. Is that not expected behavior?

Hmm, Ok I will have to look up if it is a bug or intended, was not working on it the last week. Quite hard to get back into the job after two free weeks :D

..."weldment" is what welders call a welded part...
Thanks for the hint

I'll join Alewx - thank you for the hint! A year or two on this forum - and I can remove apologies from my signature :)

Edited by girka2k

I found the problem (or at least the responsible config)!

The EL_CONFIG.cfg file from RoverDude's MKS/OKS module sets some values on those parts I've been having trouble with. Removing that file causes welding to work normally again!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/89774-90-%28V-25%29-ExtraPlanetary-Launchpads%28EPL%29-Regolith-Adaptation-%281-10-15%29?p=1667995#post1667995

I have not yet tried going back to the stock .dll to see if it works the same.

- - - Updated - - -

I can confirm that it works as expected with the stock .dll file. (As opposed to the custom ones @girka2K was kind enough to send me).

So my updated list of do's and don'ts is now:

Do not use this mod with:

* B9

* KW Rocketry

* Infernal Robotics

* Firespitter

* Procedural parts

* Struts (because they're semi-procedural)

* Parts from Extra-Planetary Launchpads Regolith Adaptation which are re-configured by the EL_CONFIG.cfg file from RoverDude's MKS/OKS (it's harmless to remove this file, you'll just see some parts you otherwise wouldn't).

* Engines

* Wings

* Solar panels

* Lights

* More than one docking port

- - - Updated - - -

I'll join Alewx - thank you for the hint! A year or two on this forum - and I can remove apologies from my signature :)

Glad to be of some help in return for the help you've given me!

Edited by Redchrome
cleanup

I found the problem (or at least the responsible config)!

The EL_CONFIG.cfg file from RoverDude's MKS/OKS module sets some values on those parts I've been having trouble with. Removing that file causes welding to work normally again!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/89774-90-%28V-25%29-ExtraPlanetary-Launchpads%28EPL%29-Regolith-Adaptation-%281-10-15%29?p=1667995#post1667995

Aha! That's where appeared the part with category = -1 (none) I saw in the log!

Very well, we will add a check for this case - it's very easy to fix.

I have not yet tried going back to the stock .dll to see if it works the same.

- - - Updated - - -

I can confirm that it works as expected with the stock .dll file. (As opposed to the custom ones @girka2K was kind enough to send me).

Let's clarify.

Firstly, stock .dll (do you mean one from Alewx release?) does not work correctly on MacOS - it's an illusion :) - I can see it from the logs.

Secondly, I'm not sure that understand you correctly - do you have any problems with special builds I PM you? Especially first one? It include fix for MacOS I supposed to include in next release. Nothing else does not distinguish it from "stock".

So my updated list of do's and don'ts is now:

* B9

* KW Rocketry

* Infernal Robotics

* Firespitter

* Procedural parts

* Parts from Extra-Planetary Launchpads Regolith Adaptation which are re-configured by the EL_CONFIG.cfg file from RoverDude's MKS/OKS (it's harmless to remove this file, you'll just see some parts you otherwise wouldn't).

* Engines

* Wings

* Solar panels

* Lights

* More than one docking port

Important clarification.

You can weld "anything with animations" at least if it's stock animation. The main restriction is not to weld together two identical parts (Leg+Leg=Problem, Leg+Illuminator=No_Problem).

You can weld solar panels (static or expandable), but no more that one per weldment. Here you will find an example in "SS Tug" gallery - it's works.

And what is problem with KW Rocketry? I have welded them repeatedly (tanks, battery, RCS)...

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to be of some help in return for the help you've given me!

mutually thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Where does it save the parts to in KSP v0.90? In subassemblies? Or in which category? I can't seem to find it :P. Or is there a macro to load them?

EDIT: Stand by...

It saves parts cfg into GameData\UbioWeldingLtd\Parts

The category of weldment you choose yourself when welding

You will need to restart game to see weldments (or enable database autoreloading in mod's settings, but it may be incompatible with some/many mods)

- - - Updated - - -

-previous post redacted-

Is there an easy way in the editor to select which nodes to keep and which to delete?

Basically - no. You can try Include All Nodes setting but I suspect that this is not what you are looking for.

@Avera9eJoe: You pretty darn fast cover tracks! :)

Edited by girka2k

Aha! That's where appeared the part with category = -1 (none) I saw in the log!

Very well, we will add a check for this case - it's very easy to fix.

Thanks!

Let's clarify.

Firstly, stock .dll (do you mean one from Alewx release?) does not work correctly on MacOS - it's an illusion :) - I can see it from the logs.

I mean the .dll from UbioWeldingLtd_2.1-0.90-Unofficial.rar

Secondly, I'm not sure that understand you correctly - do you have any problems with special builds I PM you? Especially first one? It include fix for MacOS I supposed to include in next release. Nothing else does not distinguish it from "stock".

I'll take your word for it that it doesn't work correctly on OSX. I spend much of my day being frustrated by clients who won't believe me that a piece of software is fundamentally broken, and only *appears* to work. (*cough*MicrosoftOutlook*cough*). I did not experience any differences in behavior between the .dlls you sent me.

Important clarification.

You can weld "anything with animations" at least if it's stock animation. The main restriction is not to weld together two identical parts (Leg+Leg=Problem, Leg+Illuminator=No_Problem).

You can weld solar panels (static or expandable), but no more that one per weldment. Here you will find an example in "SS Tug" gallery - it's works.

And what is problem with KW Rocketry? I have welded them repeatedly (tanks, battery, RCS)...

Ok, I haven't tested all these things, I am just trying to compile a list based on what I've found by skimming this thread. It's a reference for me and for the next person who is wondering what will work and what won't. :) Thanks for the clarification. Here's an attempt at a revised list:

* B9

* Infernal Robotics

* Firespitter

* Procedural parts

* Parts from Extra-Planetary Launchpads Regolith Adaptation which are re-configured by the EL_CONFIG.cfg file from RoverDude's MKS/OKS

(it's harmless to remove this file, you'll just see some parts you otherwise wouldn't).

* Engines

* Wings

* More than one docking port, solar panel, or light per weldment. You can weld animated parts if it's stock animation. The main restriction is not to weld together two identical parts. So for instance, two legs presents a problem and they will not animate. One leg and one illuminator on the same weldment does not present a problem.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.