[0.22] UbioZur Welding Ltd. 2.0 Dev STOPPED

UbioZur

As I already said elsewhere, I like this approach very much!

For station building it would be nice to have a 6-way docking-die - one with 4 and second with all 6 sides already equipped with a docking port.

As I already said elsewhere, I like this approach very much!

For station building it would be nice to have a 6-way docking-die - one with 4 and second with all 6 sides already equipped with a docking port.

thanks,

I plan on adding some docking arm. But I do not thing of puting several docking ports on the same object for this reason:

- I can set several docking node but as the object is considered as one, the undock will be for the whole object -> and so all docking ports will be undocked at once. Same for action group, it will be one action for all of them together.

I love the Idea behind this... but it would be cool if this could be built dll-based like, calculate physics on the whole ship and not on each single part, wouldn't this increase framerate and reduce wobble!?

Anyway, keep it up :D

UNfortunately this is useless to me, since my designs are completely different. I wouldnt need ingame tool form of this, but at least to know the trick, to make it work.

Could you make one of these:

http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/enginelist.php#id--Nuclear_Thermal--Gas_Core--Closed_Cycle

Nuclear lightbulb engine

using a mix of nerva's and mainsails? One mainsail and several nuclear engines in a large cluster, with serious efficiency and MASSIVE THRUST!

Just a request- PuffinTech is working on another project, so we cannot make this ourselves, so that's why we are asking.

This is dying the be a plugin similar to subassembly loader. Pick your parts, click weld as, give it a part name, description then press button and it creates part dir, cfg. Exit vab/sph, alt-f12, reload database and voila.

This is dying the be a plugin similar to subassembly loader. Pick your parts, click weld as, give it a part name, description then press button and it creates part dir, cfg. Exit vab/sph, alt-f12, reload database and voila.

Something that does that, or knowing the secret to how UbioZur does this welding would be great to know.

Something that does that, or knowing the secret to how UbioZur does this welding would be great to know.

It's really a matter of editing the CFG file and referencing the modules.

Refer to this post, it's exactly what he's doing and it's no mystery.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/34013-0-20-PartTools-GameDatabase-and-new-features?p=454874&viewfull=1#post454874

Edited by sirkut

this is easily fixed the same way we do it now. by adding the small silver tank to the bottom.

I plan on using the decreased part count up again by using engine clustering under every stack instead of just the center stack, so no more mainsails!!

:)

...!

"Yo Dawg! So.. I heard you like.. engine clusters.."

71WyhmF.jpg

Pv3M4rB.jpg

MfOfNek.jpg

DHQZhUJ.jpg

:0.0:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/34013-0-20-PartTools-GameDatabase-and-new-features?p=454874&viewfull=1#post454874

Not a mystery if one knows the information. Thanks for the link. Lots of chin scratching and going "hmmmm" here.

Wow one day away and so many pages :)

Let's starts answering

I would settle for a hub adapter with back to back strut-1.25m ends that you can attach a docking port to the end of

I will have a look and do a few hub. At the moment I am half half between doing the arm with the docking port integrated and people can choose the symetry they want, or doing the hub and people add the docking port.

An entire prebuilt rocket!

I wonder how that would work out...

I am not sure that would works, I have had issue to get kerbal off the hatch or welded items. I need to find a solution. Plus part of the game is to build the rocket, so it would kind or remove that part. It would also require the rocket to be Single Stage.

I'm going to weld my face to the launchpad!

Don't forget the welding mask to protect your eyes

I love the Idea behind this... but it would be cool if this could be built dll-based like, calculate physics on the whole ship and not on each single part, wouldn't this increase framerate and reduce wobble!?

Anyway, keep it up

Making an in-game tool it in my mind for when I have played more with it. and see what is doable and isn't so I can have the proper rules for each parts.

For the physics, well don't know how KSP/unity does it.

UNfortunately this is useless to me, since my designs are completely different. I wouldnt need ingame tool form of this, but at least to know the trick, to make it work.

You coud still offer suggestion. As said on the post, I will consider any request.

I have a suggestion. could you add larger versions of the static solar panels?

I try to avoid scaling the parts. But I can have a look to make an array of them.

Question.

Is it possible to make a general frame for a giant interplanetary spaceship? Something like this.

J= Jumbo tank

N3= 3 nuclear engines

R= RCS (2M)

CM= Command pod

JN3

CMRRRJJN3

JN3

?

A screen would be easier. here are the parts where you can already save:

the dual Jumbo tanks

Dual RCS (I can make a tripple)

I will have a look for engine cluster

Could you make one of these:

http://www.projectrho.com/public_htm...--Closed_Cycle

Nuclear lightbulb engine

using a mix of nerva's and mainsails? One mainsail and several nuclear engines in a large cluster, with serious efficiency and MASSIVE THRUST!

Just a request- PuffinTech is working on another project, so we cannot make this ourselves, so that's why we are asking.

I can have a look at what I can do with engine cluster, but I want to keep it in a way that you an do everything in stock, it is just meant to reduce part count.

Didn't know you could edit stock part models. I'd love to see the stock SRBs cut up like this mod so you can adjust the strength of your SRBs.

If it's not something you could do by assembly stock part, it's not something I would do.

Downloaded, installed, tested fuel tanks, Check, works nice. Great Job.

Thanks, glad to help

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...l=1#post454874

It's exactly that, since .20 you can have cfg file that use path to get to other model.

I knew it watching a stream from Yargnit on KSP-TV (http://www.twitch.tv/ksptv/b/423657466 around minute 42)

then it's a matter of calcul, realoading, testing.

Yo Dawg! So.. I heard you like.. engine clusters..

WIll have a go to do it.

Same Hoy, I will have a try.

I think it would be more wise to weld parts that are actually used more(as a quantity on a spaceship), rather than just fuel tanks.

This, however, would mean such parts would be less useful overall due to the larger variety of choices for their placement.

For example RTGs on a 1m fuel tank. Or 4 Solar panels on a crew module, or a chassis for rovers using the all different types of wheels.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.