[0.22] UbioZur Welding Ltd. 2.0 Dev STOPPED

UbioZur

I would like to request some more structural element welds from your excellent workshop:

- a 8x2 metal plate (4 plates welded together to a large flat stripe)

- a quarterpipe metal plate: 10 2x2-plates, each welded at an angle of 10° to the previous one

- a large quarterpipe: 20 2x2-plates, each welded at an angle of 5° to the previous one

I would like to request some more structural element welds from your excellent workshop:

- a 8x2 metal plate (4 plates welded together to a large flat stripe)

- a quarterpipe metal plate: 10 2x2-plates, each welded at an angle of 10° to the previous one

- a large quarterpipe: 20 2x2-plates, each welded at an angle of 5° to the previous one

I could see making more plates of different sizes. (And including more stack nodes on them, since if you created the same thing with the single plate, it would have those nodes)

However, those quarterpipes sound excessively huge for any kind of normal rocket/plane building. Moreover, they'd be fairly difficult to get right. I'd also like to keep the part clutter to a minimal in the menus and not add anything that would be more of one-shot use.

And btw, it looks like the tanks have an invisible surface in the connection between them, or is it me?

Removing all unnecessary textures between the original parts will increase the perfomance a bit, I think.

But, yeh, I can accept that it can be tricky to edit.

All these parts do is take existing models within the game and stick them together. There are no separate models that are loaded, thus no editing.

....Space...Sport?

*nitpicknitpicknitpick*

Nice catch, i will fix it :)

For the attachement node, I have started doing it. Just haven't released them.

For the invisible surface and texture,

Yes they are there and as of the stock game you would have the exact same effect as it use the stock models. Also most performance issue with Unity/KSP are from the CPU and physics calculation or all the parts, not really from the GPU. So unless you have a really low end PC, removing those texture will probably barely effect your FPS.

SirJodelstein it is not impossible to make, it would take a lot of time, and I guess you want a stock fairing :)

Work is still crazy this week. So far I have no work plan for next week, when I will be able to work lot more on improving the parts and adding more.

Question (and if this is not so, this is a suggestion).

If (for example) I weld two orange fuel tanks together, and leave the mainsail engine that is attached to the bottom tank on full throttle for too long, will the bottom fuel tank explode, leaving the upper one there?

Question (and if this is not so, this is a suggestion).

If (for example) I weld two orange fuel tanks together, and leave the mainsail engine that is attached to the bottom tank on full throttle for too long, will the bottom fuel tank explode, leaving the upper one there?

The engine will either explode and leave bottom intact, or both tanks will explode with it. With the tanks welded together, they are treated as the same part, thus anything that happens, happens to the whole of the part.

you should add longer panels

I am slowly adding more parts, just haven't release anything new yet to take time to test them, and waiting to see how it will work with .21, I don't think it will break but we never know.

Also I am trying not to add too many different parts to avoid increasing the load time by too much.

Slowly working on the design for the in game tool too.

Hi again ubiozur. I had an idea what if you took a built craft file, close the game and open the edit file, keep the part module lines and positioning but delete all the rest of the code using your format of code to turn it all into a single part, could this function in a similar function? sure the parts would lose there special functions but say if you built a frame in the SPH with steel panels then do what i mentioned. i am just a super average coder very beginner.

Hi again ubiozur. I had an idea what if you took a built craft file, close the game and open the edit file, keep the part module lines and positioning but delete all the rest of the code using your format of code to turn it all into a single part, could this function in a similar function? sure the parts would lose there special functions but say if you built a frame in the SPH with steel panels then do what i mentioned. i am just a super average coder very beginner.

Hey, It's kind of the plan but it doesn't need to be out of game.

It's possible to have a set of assembled parts in the VAB/SPH, and it's a lot easier also because then I can directly get the key and links to the cfg parts from the loaded database in game. and then create my own cfg.

I am considering the pros/cons of doing it subassembly like (move a assembly to a button) or just have a button to weld everything on the VAB/SPH. Also I am still considering the way I can managed some exceptions (welding two hitchikers have a problem as of all my tests).

Loading back the new part in the game without having to use the debug menu is something I need to consider and haven't had a look at it yet.

Hey Marshall,

There is no need to update for .21 or .21.1, they are still working fine.

I am currently working on making it in-game too. I do run into few issues as I am not familiar with unity and a bit rusty in coding, but it's slowly coming along

Hi,

I using your mod and edited the 4x4 panel .cfg file from your mod, to create 8x8, 2x10 and more panels. I hope that is ok.

But I have a problem and hope you can help me maybe.

Every time i built something in the VAB and want to load it later, the game can't load my file correctly and messes it up.

Building with the new parts makes no problems, only the reloading. Did i something wrong? I'm new to KSP modding.

Here are some screenshots: imgur link

and one .cfg file: dropbox

I also made a thread in the Plugin Development Help and Support Forum.

I hope you can help me.

Hi,

I using your mod and edited the 4x4 panel .cfg file from your mod, to create 8x8, 2x10 and more panels. I hope that is ok.

But I have a problem and hope you can help me maybe.

Every time i built something in the VAB and want to load it later, the game can't load my file correctly and messes it up.

Building with the new parts makes no problems, only the reloading. Did i something wrong? I'm new to KSP modding.

Here are some screenshots: imgur link

and one .cfg file: dropbox

I also made a thread in the Plugin Development Help and Support Forum.

I hope you can help me.

Did you remember to change the name? Name = YourPartNameHere

If you forgot and left it the same as the one you edited, then it will show up in the vab and you can build with it but when you launch it won't know which one you meant and it'll render funny.

Edit: Doh, i needed to read farther as you already figured it out an hour ago :P

I like the work you are doing here, and its a great idea. I was wondering if there was any way to make this dynamic in game though. IE, if I put two parts together in the editor I can then designate them as a single part...

I think that's exactly what UbioZur is working on

You'll just have a drop-button, drag your structure onto it and it makes it available as one 'welded' piece

There were some issues with KSP only loading parts at the start though, sorry their post is back in here somewhere

So as NoMrBond said, I am currently working on the in game version.

And so this is why there is no really any update here, what's the points to spend days making a config file while I can spend those day to get the game making them.

I am slowly clearing the problem I have encounter.

I know can write the part.cfg of any structural set of part. and the game will read them correctly, bonus: all the attached node are conserved too (unless it's already attached to something else).

I need to work on the GUI of course. and I am looking at a way to have the game loading the part without needing you to alt+F12 or reload the game.

Then I would be ready for some play testing, and slowly add more items that have ressources/docking/animation/fx and all that.

I will post a screen when I get the GUI done, so you can see what will be available to do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.