[0.22] UbioZur Welding Ltd. 2.0 Dev STOPPED

UbioZur

Have you tried to click on the part list, just like if you would like to delete a part (I do have that known issue after a successful weld).

that log is just to says that the ksp window is not focus.

Edit: Added a docking port issue that have been reported. will try to fix it for next update.

Yes. On clicking the parts list, it makes the sound as if you had selected a part and the part is visible behind the parts list. But the mouse doesn't "grab" the part. Clicking again deletes the part.

Yes. On clicking the parts list, it makes the sound as if you had selected a part and the part is visible behind the parts list. But the mouse doesn't "grab" the part. Clicking again deletes the part.

You have to delete it, does it unlock your VAB after you delete it?

You have to delete it, does it unlock your VAB after you delete it?

Deleting the part allows you to select other parts, which act as above. The load behind the the part list as normal, but are not "grabbed" by the mouse. The rest of the VAB remains unresponsive.

Deleting the part allows you to select other parts, which act as above. The load behind the the part list as normal, but are not "grabbed" by the mouse. The rest of the VAB remains unresponsive.

Can you pm me the full ksp.log (in the rot folder of ksp), and output_log.txt in the KSP_Data folder as well the the created part.cfg file (if it's create please)?

Meanwhile, can you please upload the old truss pieces you had for this mod while the plugin is still somewhat unstable? Thank you!

You can recreate those truss pieces without problem in the plugin. It will also give you better node.

Bugs usually appear when we start to had parts that have a MODULE{} in it (especially multiple of the same MODULE{})

Version 1.1 is here (Let me know if it works, I have never shared file with Google Drive)

oh my god, I was thinking of the exact same function earlier, to have an in-game method of welding two parts and turning them into one to reduce part count

the timing on this could not have been better

is it possible to weld a tank and a decoupler together?

oh my god, I was thinking of the exact same function earlier, to have an in-game method of welding two parts and turning them into one to reduce part count

the timing on this could not have been better

is it possible to weld a tank and a decoupler together?

1 decoupler is good I think (It will not keep the stagingIcon = DECOUPLER_HOR) however (not worked on that yet)

More than one decoupler is not tested yet and will rise a warning.

Good job. You must continue!

Thank you, I am continuing toward the hardest things. Working on the engines at the moment. Doesn't look promising for those with fairings (about all of them), and the ION (the throttle animation cannot be duplicated to several engine). (I am always talking about multiple parts, just one engine is fine no matter the engine).

So, how would this work if I decided to weld a station module into one part WITH the docking ports? Would that screw it up?

Also, how well would making welded solar panel trusses work?

That version have a bug for the docking port (for several docking ports welded, just one is fine). I have fixed it and think of releasing a update (bug fix) tomorrow with the bugs that have been found.

Solar panel are not yet managed. The animated one definitly not. the static ones, I have not merged the input but it may still work.

Again, I am talking mainly for having several instance of the same MODULE{} in the same weld. Just one solar panel should work (not tested yet)

Edited by UbioZur

would this plugin work if I had, say, welded a hitchhiker and some batteries and an SAS together?

Yes, Keep in mind however than the game NEED the crew hatch to close to the center of mass (it's a known bug that annoy lot of part modders)

I'm experiencing bugs related to the final amount of resources. I like using Z-100s to light up the edges of docking ports (Originally started before I realized the lag it would cause). I welded a part that had 8 Z-100s on it and the final ElectricCharge was 12800. 16 resulted in 3276800 and 24 resulted in 838860800. This is following a 2^(n-1) formula which (unless there's something I don't know) is not the correct way to sum numbers. I really like the idea of this mod, but having to resum everything again to avoid "cheating" is a little tiresome.

can you remove the feature where it will reload all the parts when u weld something? it crashes my game cause i have SO MANY MODS and reloading them all afaik overloads the ram, or even better have it as a togglable feature.

I'm experiencing bugs related to the final amount of resources. I like using Z-100s to light up the edges of docking ports (Originally started before I realized the lag it would cause). I welded a part that had 8 Z-100s on it and the final ElectricCharge was 12800. 16 resulted in 3276800 and 24 resulted in 838860800. This is following a 2^(n-1) formula which (unless there's something I don't know) is not the correct way to sum numbers. I really like the idea of this mod, but having to resum everything again to avoid "cheating" is a little tiresome.

Not used to C# and the fact that = is a reference and not a copy. I have that bug on a few things (it is also that which cause the nodes to be display strangly after the the weld is done, and the docking port).

I have fixed the resource one, and will be up on the next update (probably tomorow, time I work on a few more things). Thanks for the report.

can you remove the feature where it will reload all the parts when u weld something? it crashes my game cause i have SO MANY MODS and reloading them all afaik overloads the ram, or even better have it as a togglable feature.

I guess I could have it toggle by the config file.

I noticed that you're using linq. I haven't tested in on non-windows platforms, so I'm not sure what the compatability issues are, but you should look into it especially since you've got a lot of for loops. Linq is very helpful in simplifying summations and other operations on enumerables. for example something like:

resources.GroupBy(r=>r.name).Select(g=>new{g.Key,value=g.Value.Sum(v=>v.GetValue("maxAmount"))}).ToList()

could sum all the resource amounts and put them in a list without having to write multiple for loops with if/switch statements.

Linq also usually self optimizes because it uses predicates. It doesn't actually do anything until you try to get a value like using ToList() or iterating in a for loop

I noticed that you're using linq. I haven't tested in on non-windows platforms, so I'm not sure what the compatability issues are, but you should look into it especially since you've got a lot of for loops. Linq is very helpful in simplifying summations and other operations on enumerables. for example something like:

resources.GroupBy(r=>r.name).Select(g=>new{g.Key,value=g.Value.Sum(v=>v.GetValue("maxAmount"))}).ToList()

could sum all the resource amounts and put them in a list without having to write multiple for loops with if/switch statements.

Linq also usually self optimizes because it uses predicates. It doesn't actually do anything until you try to get a value like using ToList() or iterating in a for loop

I'll have a look for that thank you.

Don't remember why I added it (my C# skills are still not very sharp!)!

Got a chance to take a look at this today, the potential is amazing, you have no idea how long I've been waiting for this! That said, couple glitches I've found. Trying to shape what are essentially shuttle bays, the center of the welded part seems to get placed WAY to one end of where the entire part is (Like the length of the part again away at least). Also, when using angle snap, especially with editor extensions allowing the higher angle snaps, the parts were't correctly snapping to the edges of the new welded part.

Hit me up Ubio if you want, I'm sure i can try to break the hell out of it with all sorts of crazy things. :)

You, sir, are a genius.

Thanks you. But it's far from done.

Got a chance to take a look at this today, the potential is amazing, you have no idea how long I've been waiting for this! That said, couple glitches I've found. Trying to shape what are essentially shuttle bays, the center of the welded part seems to get placed WAY to one end of where the entire part is (Like the length of the part again away at least). Also, when using angle snap, especially with editor extensions allowing the higher angle snaps, the parts were't correctly snapping to the edges of the new welded part.

Hit me up Ubio if you want, I'm sure i can try to break the hell out of it with all sorts of crazy things. :)

I plan on releasing an update tomorow, that fix a few bugs including the CoM one. For the angle snap, I will have a look. And for going crazy, go for it! that's the point, but at the moment it require a lot of testing on how the game manage multiple of the same module.

And It all started from you Yarnit (http://www.twitch.tv/ksptv/b/423657466) You were the light to start that project (somewhere around minutes 42).

No offence Yargnit, but I think the best person to test this mod is...

DANNY.

Could you imagine how many bugs he would find :D

I'll cry if Danny try that! I am sure there is tons of exploit to be used.

I've been using this mod since I found it on spaceport a few months ago. It was one of my favorite mods, despite it's simplicity. Now it's even better as of the new version.

Thanks, I hope it will get better as I keep working on it and you guys send me the bugs you find.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.