[0.22] UbioZur Welding Ltd. 2.0 Dev STOPPED

UbioZur

Mods not working at all for me have everything installed in the correct place no weld button. sandbox or career enabled. :(

As for career mode why not have it dump the parts to the start group so they are always available.

Edited by Hawkstorm

This is an amazing mod but, does anyone happen to still have the old parts? My whole station gone missing because of only one part. I accidentally deleted them when 0.22 came out. I would be really grateful, thanks.

I put a link on one of the first post after 2.0 was release.

Mods not working at all for me have everything installed in the correct place no weld button. sandbox or career enabled. :(

A screen? log or anything that would let me know more as I cannot see your screen?

As for career mode why not have it dump the parts to the start group so they are always available.

Because then you could weld a art with for example a nerva, and use it without having it's node unlocked. And since it's a pain/barely possible to know/check for the welded part if all node are unlocked, I decided to put them on the last nodes as the dev have intended the mods to do.

You can easily change the cfg to put the part where you think it fit best for you.

Odd reinstalled it again got the weld button even though it was installed in exactly the same manner. ROFL

You don't need to know if the node has been unlocked or not, as the user can't access the part in the editor to weld it in the first place if it hasn't been. :)

All you need to worry about is where to dump the welded parts and how you get them to load after they have been welded.

As for changing where the welded parts are put how do I do that in the config file?

Thanks dude! Saw this on the forums and thought, "Eh maybe..." So I bookmarked it and would come back later. Then I saw a video by Scott Manley detailing how it works and I must say great mod it is just what I need to lower my part count on my lower end CPU. Thanks so much!

Is there any way to move the weld box that lists all the parts it's welding? I can't click save to weld parts leaving me stuck.

EDIT: A possible solution is to move the save/cancel buttons to the TOP of the tab so they are ALWAYS clickable.

Edited by Dilin

Odd reinstalled it again got the weld button even though it was installed in exactly the same manner. ROFL

You don't need to know if the node has been unlocked or not, as the user can't access the part in the editor to weld it in the first place if it hasn't been. :)

All you need to worry about is where to dump the welded parts and how you get them to load after they have been welded.

As for changing where the welded parts are put how do I do that in the config file?

If you have 2 career mode saves, you could use one to weld part for the other one. that's why i prefer to keep you with the stock experience so far for the tree. I do know how to get the tech tree of the part and see if it's unlock, so I may be able to make the part show on the lastest node of the used part.

Many thanks, but you really should put that link in the first post :)

true that, will do.

Thanks dude! Saw this on the forums and thought, "Eh maybe..." So I bookmarked it and would come back later. Then I saw a video by Scott Manley detailing how it works and I must say great mod it is just what I need to lower my part count on my lower end CPU. Thanks so much!

glad you like it

Does the career mode of this mod works with TreeLoader?

I don't know, but all the part you weld will be added on one of the latest tech node (tier 8).

Is there any way to move the weld box that lists all the parts it's welding? I can't click save to weld parts leaving me stuck.

EDIT: A possible solution is to move the save/cancel buttons to the TOP of the tab so they are ALWAYS clickable.

I could make it drag-able.

Got it, tried it, like it.

Was able to weld rcs tanks, kethane tank and processor, to fuel tanks. Also can weld engine to fuel tanks, but with engine and fuel tank, that will not attach to decoupler on center or main tank. So doing radial staging that way is out for now. Good for stacking/welding trusses, tanks, batteries. Thanks for doing this.

(Note: Using on KSP 21)

Edited by Thrundar

I have the same problem!

2 UbioZur: Please make a button "Save" drag-able. Please!

This no doubt has been mentioned, but with 2.0 P3, and KSP 0.22... it only attaches parts properly based on the last part added in a stack/series of parts.

For instance in VAB... building a part from top, down to a bottom... grabbing the top and welding that section of parts, only attaches to a model/part when flipped 180 so the (welded) parts bottom is now the top.

If the last part is at a 90 degree to that initial stack, then the only "valid" attachable part is the last part, and at that angle, etc.

Which means a lot of the time, you need 2, 4, 6, etc "welded" parts in order to make it work properly if you are building something symmetrical.

Otherwise, great idea.

Got it, tried it, like it.

Was able to weld rcs tanks, kethane tank and processor, to fuel tanks. Also can weld engine to fuel tanks, but with engine and fuel tank, that will not attach to decoupler on center or main tank. So doing radial staging that way is out for now. Good for stacking/welding trusses, tanks, batteries. Thanks for doing this.

(Note: Using on KSP 21)

Thanks for the input.

I have the same problem!

2 UbioZur: Please make a button "Save" drag-able. Please!

I am trying it, it does not allow the drag for some reasons. But I will find a way.

This no doubt has been mentioned, but with 2.0 P3, and KSP 0.22... it only attaches parts properly based on the last part added in a stack/series of parts.

For instance in VAB... building a part from top, down to a bottom... grabbing the top and welding that section of parts, only attaches to a model/part when flipped 180 so the (welded) parts bottom is now the top.

If the last part is at a 90 degree to that initial stack, then the only "valid" attachable part is the last part, and at that angle, etc.

Which means a lot of the time, you need 2, 4, 6, etc "welded" parts in order to make it work properly if you are building something symmetrical.

Otherwise, great idea.

Can you send me a screen and generated config file please?

From my tests, all the non attached node are available.

Does anyone know how to remove fairings from a part? I want to make a LV-T30 engine cluster, and I really don't care if I am not able to stack anything below this engine again (or I suppose it could be a new engine). In the CFG removing the module fairing jettison does not work, and neither does changing "isfairing = True to false" I also tried removing the bottom attachment node. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sadly the game does not managed it.

Since all the engine have the same fairing name object, the game only hide one and display the other ones.

There is 2 ways I know of doing that:

- Changing ksp/unity code to browse all the object in the mesh that have that name. (it's not up to me)

- Make a copy of the mesh and remove the fairing yourself., but then you rather just make a cluster engine at the same time.

Running KSP .22 and the lastest version of this mod (playtest 3). Is there a reason why trying to weld parts with RCS ports causes the GUI to hang? I know it says it doesn't work with control surfaces, but I thought that meant aerodynamic parts, not RCS.

can you pm me the log please?

Not all the modules are yet supported, multiple rcs are not because of the module, but the GUI should not hang!

can you pm me the log please?

Not all the modules are yet supported, multiple rcs are not because of the module, but the GUI should not hang!

Sure. It's a weird situation, the mouse still moves and some components of the GUI work (mouse over parts shows the information, you can switch tabs in the VAB, the kerbals are all moving in the background, etc). But you can't exit the VAB, can't add new parts, can't click on existing parts. It's like there is a dialog open off-screen waiting for input so nothing else will work.

Ow well... I made a big Crane and welded the mais chassis mainly beams. Everytime i send it to mimus it just explodes on time warp or simply disappears after loading... Second time it happens.. I cant finish my new mimus base.. can only think the reason for this is the welded part... Kind tired of ksp.. Cant make big stuff without crazy bugs to creeply in

the equation for the drag coefficient of the parts is:

(mass1*max_drag1+mass2*max_drag2....) [divided by]

(mass1+mass2...)

and you include every part in the equation. hope this helps with the mod calculating the drag

source: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/5235-Atmospheric-drag/page5?p=88804&viewfull=1#post88804

I noticed that the welded part has tiny attachment nodes and probably the original attachment node at that spot was also small. This might be part of your problem, but also part clipping will be required as they are obviously clipping through each other and the VAB by default does not allow parts to be inside one another in most cases.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.