[0.22] UbioZur Welding Ltd. 2.0 Dev STOPPED

UbioZur

Soooo...this works in 23.5? I'd been avoiding it because of the 0.22 branding.

I believe it's currently at 0.23. I don't know why it's still referenced as 0.22. Please see the quoted post below.

I was asked to add a .zip file for the Welding Update for .23. The post is updated and a direct link posted.

Original Post

New Zip File Download.

ran into a bug that i think is caused by playtest 5

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/63265-Unable-to-name-Ship-in-0-23-Dialog-box-disappears?p=864519&viewfull=1#post864519

i have the same issue of no dialogue box in the construction hangars. also, i cannot see the weld button, cannot see my welded parts in the catalogue. heeeeeelp! :(

ran into a bug that i think is caused by playtest 5

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/63265-Unable-to-name-Ship-in-0-23-Dialog-box-disappears?p=864519&viewfull=1#post864519

i have the same issue of no dialogue box in the construction hangars. also, i cannot see the weld button, cannot see my welded parts in the catalogue. heeeeeelp! :(

You must download this one for 0.23 and not the one in the 1st page.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/38577-0-22-UbioZur-Welding-Ltd-2-0-Playtest-5-Now-In-Game-Tool?p=1002144&viewfull=1#post1002144

I can confirm that it works for 0.23.5. I didn't find any issues so far.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/38577-0-22-UbioZur-Welding-Ltd-2-0-Playtest-5-Now-In-Game-Tool?p=1002144&viewfull=1#post1002144

I tried using the version at this link, but it did not work for me.

Removed all other mods, added this one.

Start new ship in SPH or VAB (Both tried).

Pick whatever pod.

add structural fuselage to pod (x2).

Pick up fuselages, click "Weld".

Save welded part.

I see the part in the parts list fine, when I select it, it appears, but it is in a different orientation. it only wants to attach in surface mode, in the middle of the two fuselages. It refuses to use the end nodes.

One or more of my other mods also broke the weld, hence me stripping out everything.

It would be one of:

DavonTCSystems

EditorExtensions

ExsurgentEngineering

Firespitter

Kerbaltek

KineTechAnimation

MagicSmokeIndustries

ModsByTal

ModularFuelTanks

ProceduralDynamics

ProceduralParts

RCSBuildAid

ThunderAerospace

TouhouTorpedo

TurboNisu

I tried using the version at this link, but it did not work for me.

Removed all other mods, added this one.

Start new ship in SPH or VAB (Both tried).

Pick whatever pod.

add structural fuselage to pod (x2).

Pick up fuselages, click "Weld".

Save welded part.

I see the part in the parts list fine, when I select it, it appears, but it is in a different orientation. it only wants to attach in surface mode, in the middle of the two fuselages. It refuses to use the end nodes.

One or more of my other mods also broke the weld, hence me stripping out everything.

It would be one of:

DavonTCSystems

EditorExtensions

ExsurgentEngineering

Firespitter

Kerbaltek

KineTechAnimation

MagicSmokeIndustries

ModsByTal

ModularFuelTanks

ProceduralDynamics

ProceduralParts

RCSBuildAid

ThunderAerospace

TouhouTorpedo

TurboNisu

Its compiled for 23.5 but is basically just the front page version with a few bug fixes and added Career mode support. Should work fine, but like all things sometimes things don't work for some. UbiZor is working on a newer version though last I heard.

I have a new suggestion/question. Could it be possible to correctly rescale a welded part? For example a cube made out of 6 panels, just scale it 2x its origninal size.

My problem is when I change the rescale factor in the part.cfg file, only the panels get bigger and the model position doesn't change. I have to change every position coordinate manually, but doing it for a several hundred parts weld is too much work.

Can such a feature be added in this mod or can someone make a new mod for this purpose? I would really like to create much larger crafts with this method.

First part i tried to weld together deleted all but about 10 parts form the 350 or so parts that i actually had. Never using this mod again because the first download i tried made it to where i was unable to save my ships

Dayum! That's one big mech!

Well. I finished my Star Destroyer... again. The part count went down from 1000 and something to 470. The issue is it didn't improve the performance of the game. It only made it worse. The original 1000 part SD made around 10 FPS. The 470 part one makes 6 FPS and I don't have the slightest clue why.

Dayum! That's one big mech!

Well. I finished my Star Destroyer... again. The part count went down from 1000 and something to 470. The issue is it didn't improve the performance of the game. It only made it worse. The original 1000 part SD made around 10 FPS. The 470 part one makes 6 FPS and I don't have the slightest clue why.

That's not so good, have you tried to delete all unnecessary nodes in the craft file? That improved my performace in the vab. And are you sure you have the latest version of the mod? My Robot had over 2300 parts (2-3 fps), welded it into 14 big ones, like the arms, legs, head, body and put it together, then added Infernal Robotics and lights. Now it's about 250 parts and the performane is "ok" (10-20 fps). So this mod was really helpfull for me.

I have a new suggestion/question. Could it be possible to correctly rescale a welded part? For example a cube made out of 6 panels, just scale it 2x its origninal size.

My problem is when I change the rescale factor in the part.cfg file, only the panels get bigger and the model position doesn't change. I have to change every position coordinate manually, but doing it for a several hundred parts weld is too much work.

Can such a feature be added in this mod or can someone make a new mod for this purpose? I would really like to create much larger crafts with this method.

No ideas on this?

Is there any possible way to either start a new link for 0.23 and 0.23.5 updates. It's a bloody nightmare trying to find update links buried inside 77 pages and 765 posts!!!! I know only the OA of the thread can update to first post but there really needs to be a way to redirect people to community updates and such. In this thread alone I have found at least 4 links to various and supposed updates to get this mod working in versions .23 and .23.5 and it's frustrating not knowing if you have missed a link or grabbed one that is going to corrupt your entire career game and make you restart!

My favorite pet peeve is you grab a lnik, install it, corrupt your entire game to the point you have to restart, then come back and find that there was a little hidden post 5 pages away saying "don't use xxx because it will explode your computer!".

I'm checking this thread daily to see if there are any news on a working 0.23.5 version.

I found more than one post claiming it works, but when I finally found a link to a version that was supposed to work for 23.5, I ran into the "welded item tries to attach itself from the middle instead of the attach-points, and is flipped 90 degrees in two directions"-problem.

Is there really a version that works with 23.5, or is this just a modding myth at this point?

I'm checking this thread daily to see if there are any news on a working 0.23.5 version.

I found more than one post claiming it works, but when I finally found a link to a version that was supposed to work for 23.5, I ran into the "welded item tries to attach itself from the middle instead of the attach-points, and is flipped 90 degrees in two directions"-problem.

Is there really a version that works with 23.5, or is this just a modding myth at this point?

That happens to all of us, I think. You just have to tweak the config file of the welded part.

First of all you must be sure that the part with the node you want as an attachment point is the root to the part you welded.

Now you must go to the config file of the part you welded.

You'll see something like this:

An example of a part I welded

PART
{
name = top-fuselage+
module = Part
author = UbioZurWeldingLtd
rescaleFactor = 1
PhysicsSignificance = -1
node_stack_bottomstructuralIBeam20 = [COLOR="#FF0000"]-18.57263,-0.05983531,0.6843423,1,0,0,0[/COLOR]
node_stack_topstructuralIBeam28 = 10.19631,-0.05988767,0.6843086,-1,0,0,0
node_stack_topstructuralPanel29 = 9.106251,1.018897,0.6463457,0,0,-1,0
node_stack_bottomstructuralPanel29 = 9.106251,1.009346,0.5921813,0,0,1,0
node_stack_topstructuralPanel210 = 8.916286,2.978629,0.2946649,0,0,-1,0

Before doing anything backup the file.

The numbers in red are the coordinates to the root node of the welded part, which always stays 1st on the list.

Now you need to go all the way down on the list until you find the line "node_attach =" ,which has other coordinates in front.

What you want to do is delete the "node_attach" coordinates and replace them with the coordinates in red and that's it.

I'm having a problem with this mod. I've got the latest update as well as Ksp 23.5, however after a few successful welds the program seems to have developed a bug. What happens is after I weld some parts together ksp slows down to a crawl as it tries to refresh the database however after a bit and ksp returns to normal I longer have any parts, stock or otherwise. I've tried to exit the VAB and renter but still no parts. I also lose any crafts that are in orbit because ksp cant find the parts I've previously welded. I have to completely exit the game and restart to see the parts I have just created, and any ships in orbit aren't there anymore.

I'm having a problem with this mod. I've got the latest update as well as Ksp 23.5, however after a few successful welds the program seems to have developed a bug. What happens is after I weld some parts together ksp slows down to a crawl as it tries to refresh the database however after a bit and ksp returns to normal I longer have any parts, stock or otherwise. I've tried to exit the VAB and renter but still no parts. I also lose any crafts that are in orbit because ksp cant find the parts I've previously welded. I have to completely exit the game and restart to see the parts I have just created, and any ships in orbit aren't there anymore.

I have the same problem. My workaround is to create the part and then terminate KSP hard (through windows taskmanager f.e.). When restarting KSP all the craft are still there and the parts is available. Not a pretty solution but it works.

I have the same problem. My workaround is to create the part and then terminate KSP hard (through windows taskmanager f.e.). When restarting KSP all the craft are still there and the parts is available. Not a pretty solution but it works.

Will give that that a try thanks, but the funny things is the mod was working when I first installed it. It was after when I had made several parts did this bug manifest itself.

yep, my ksp was slower than a glacier last night, opted out for waiting for my ship to finish its orbit with autopilot and terminate ksp, its working like normal now, also seems mechjeb has a tough time dealing with welded parts, specially heavy ones. with unwelded ships it uses the control parts rather well, with a welded part ship it refuses to use the rcs to its full power, and even the torque wheels are not used. weird stuff indeed since it was working ok-ish when i first installed it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.