Things that NASA never said at a press conference.

FlamedSteak

On 3/19/2017 at 8:07 PM, StupidAndy said:

"I like trains"

ahem.

Spoiler

http://www.railpictures.net/photo/452044/

image from railpictures.net- they had 3 of these SW1500's, switching Shuttle SRB segments. Yes, they came in by rail, too. Unfortunately, the locomotives were sold after the shuttle sprogram ended, but the railroad may one day be used for the SLS- that is, of course, assuming that ever launches.

Edited by ThatGuyWithALongUsername

5 hours ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

ahem.

Hide contents

http://www.railpictures.net/photo/452044/

image from railpictures.net- they had 3 of these SW1500's, switching Shuttle SRB segments. Yes, they came in by rail, too. Unfortunately, the locomotives were sold after the shuttle sprogram ended, but the railroad may one day be used for the SLS- that is, of course, assuming that ever launches.

but did they say they liked them?

"We just have discovered a wormhole near Saturn created by unknown civilization and are going to fly through it into another galaxy maternal collapsar.
This will help us in future if corn will get a mosaic virus.
Btw if somebody wants to send his... er... genetic samples, it's greatly appreciated."

Edited by kerbiloid

And liftoff...

as you can see, the thrust to weight ratio is currently less than 1, so we will wait a minute or two for the rocket to get light enough to take off.  It will totally still have enough delta-vee.  

"This unmanned test flight has been postponed because we forgot to remove the astronauts before launch."

NASA Administrator: How many people did we hire yesterday?
Recruitment Officer: 6, sir. One is called Danny.

Edited by RealKerbal3x
added another one

Relax. SLS is going to fly and no one is talking about SpaceX.

We would just like to take a moment to thank everybody in the press pool for how well you've reported on all of this.

SLS was a good idea, the best one we've ever had. And let me tell you about how many dozens of payloads we have for it...

SpaceX is a [censored] that [censored] while their [censored] [censored] with their mother's [censored].

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...

"We didn't checked our staging…"

— POST EDIT --

Already said. I did a search for "stag" on this thread before posting, but the new posts weren't indexed on the search engine as it appears… :/

Edited by Lisias
oh, well… I ended up repeating someone else by accident...

"We hauled this SLS SRB on escape trajectory of Earth for some money from a private corporation."

Spoiler

This is why I've disabled part-testing contracts. "Test airplane landing gear in space low above the Mun", "Test launch clamp landed at Minmus", like, seriously! What are those contracts?