• [li]No struts[/li]
    [li]No active winglets[/li]
    [li]No ASAS[/li]
    [li]No RCS modules[/li]
    [li]Vanilla parts only[/li]
    [li]Final destination.[/li]

Optional limitations are:

• [li]No viewing the map[/li]

This one is only optional because there is no way to check or enforce this. Everybody knows that orbital map is for the weak, only use your rocket\'s instruments, your eye sight, and your sharp kerbal mind.

• [li]No time compression[/li]

This one might be too hardcore for you. Can you go full realism in a game about green men flying a rocket made of junk?

The objectives are the usual set of Mun-based missions:

[list type=decimal]

[li]Crash into Land on the Mun.[/li]

[li]Achieve a stable Mun orbit.[/li]

[li]Achieve a stable Mun orbit and return.[/li]

[li]Land on the Mun and return.[/li]

Back in the day we didn\'t have a mun, all we had to do was get into orbit and have the highest reading on the time counter, Without the new speed up time gizmo.

That\'s not the point. I like this challenge, though I haven\'t even successfully landed on the Mun yet.

Back in the day we didn\'t have a mun, all we had to do was get into orbit and have the highest reading on the time counter, Without the new speed up time gizmo.

..And getting to orbit and back was uphill both ways!

That\'s not the point. I like this challenge, though I haven\'t even successfully landed on the Mun yet.

Get your humor sensor cleaned out. I think it\'s malfunctioning.

Hence optional. Honestly i\'d say the map one is redundant anyway. Either your looking at the map or your looking at tables to get your orbit from your speed.

perhaps another option: launch your orbit in the opposite direction to the rotation of the earth so that you don\'t get any benefit otherwise.

Then you\'d need to boost harder, than you\'d otherwise have to-the only way to avoid it entirely is to orbit to the north or south-making munar rendevouz impossible.

You can just let it compensate for the new thicker atmosphere-remember that people were orbiting at 35Km in .8.5

the only way to avoid it entirely is to orbit to the north or south-making munar rendevouz impossible.

Why, its entirely possible, just needs perfect timing, and probably a little additional fuel to catch up with Mun\'s orbital velocity.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.