Old 0.20 save debate: Please close, mods.

Naten

Question to the Developers:

I understand that persistence will break as the way the crew is managed will change. But are flags salvageable? As I'm ok with my stations.... being lost, but I really would like to know (with 51% confidence) if flags will be salvageable from .20 format saves?

The flags that are planted will be erased, as there will be new terrain (at least for the Mun), and those flags are attached to the save files. You will still be able to use the same flags for future missions, provided you copy the files over after updating

I'm thinking of using the save breaking as an chance to start a space program with various major mods (FA, Deadly Re-Entry, maybe a life support one) included from the beginning instead of adding them as I go along. I've already got plans for a very gradual start, much like the early days of flight and space travel here on Earth, so this is more an opportunity than disaster.

Does this save breaking extend to saved ships, or can I bring those over manually?

Modded ships may not work, but stock designs can still be loaded. Whether they'll perform the same is a different matter.