[1.0.3] Editor Extensions v2.12 - 23 June

MachXXV

The problem with the CoM disappearing is once tweakables were added, engines that have electricity exposed as tweakable cause this. It's a problem with NovaPunch, B9 and probably some others. Basically, any author either not present or too lazy to update their engines the the latest standards caused this bug. A simple module manager 'catch-all' patch will fix it but I can't seem to find mine, probably because I stopped using out of date packs. However, the B9 community has quite a few patches to fix all the broken parts and you should be able to find it there.

Since the author seems to be awol, I've recompiled the source for this against 0.23.5 assemblies. It didn't compile cleanly straight off the bat so don't be surprised if there are problems with the old package. The license is open so I'll put up the source + DLL if anyone's interested in the new compile. If I can reproduce the problem with electric tweakables I may fix it (if it's easy to find - CBA spending a load of time at it).

Since the author seems to be awol, I've recompiled the source for this against 0.23.5 assemblies. It didn't compile cleanly straight off the bat so don't be surprised if there are problems with the old package. The license is open so I'll put up the source + DLL if anyone's interested in the new compile. If I can reproduce the problem with electric tweakables I may fix it (if it's easy to find - CBA spending a load of time at it).

Please do.

There is definitely interest in that, so yes please. Also, the problem with the tweakables is simple to reproduce, either remove the line NathanKell's patch from a good engine, or use an engine from B9 or NovaPunch (ideally a simple one, no need to compound the issue). To reproduce: put engine on ship, right click engine, CoM disappears. You can then fix it by deleting that engine and placing a new one, the bug doesn't happen until you right-click the offending part.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it though, the problem is with KSP and out-of-date mods. ModuleManager can already be used to band-aid it.

I don't have either B9 or NovaPunch installed atm (big mods while developing plugins = loooong ass starts between changes). Save me the hassle, here is the DLL and source, drop the DLL in and tell me if it fixes it for you please ;)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71576136/KSP/EditorExtensions.dll

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71576136/KSP/EditorExtensions.cs

I also changed the plugin to use KSPAddonFixed so it doesn't clobber any other older plugins.

You can then fix it by deleting that engine and placing a new one, the bug doesn't happen until you right-click the offending part.

You can also "fix" it by simply dragging the electric charge slider on the tweakable window. When you do this the value will change from NaN back to 0.0 and the calculations involving mass will work again.

I don't have either B9 or NovaPunch installed atm (big mods while developing plugins = loooong ass starts between changes). Save me the hassle, here is the DLL and source, drop the DLL in and tell me if it fixes it for you please ;)

I also changed the plugin to use KSPAddonFixed so it doesn't clobber any other older plugins.

I'm back from my AWOLness - and thanks for saving me some work - I'll get this merged today. I also posted a link to the github repo on the main post.

I'm back from my AWOLness - and thanks for saving me some work - I'll get this merged today. I also posted a link to the github repo on the main post.

Excellent. I'm sure you did but I'm notoriously blind with links.

I'll definitely use this, but I also don't use B9 or NP, perhaps for the same reasons you updated the dll. As I said though, I don't think it is caused by editor extensions, it happens in the base game as far as I know.

Silly question as it's not listed in the readme file. Where do I put the DLL and will I need the CS file too. Does it go in base ksp_win folder or a GameData subfolder?

The dll goes in Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EditorExtensions. You don't NEED the .cs file, I think that's just the source and is required for uploads to the forums here.

EDIT:

What is a CS file?

Files that contain the .cs file extension are files that contain source code. The source code in a .cs file has been written in the C# or C# .NET programming language.

So yes, it's just what the dll was written in and how, there's no need aside from curiosity to have it in the folder (only reason it's included is because as I said, it's a rule on the forums). Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

OH MY GOD...

I was just mourning this mod just today when I wanted a bunch more oxygen tanks around my station and the stock limit was 8 (I think) and I had to redo them over and over because I couldn't line them up perfectly lol.

Thank you...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really confused about this plugin. I assumed vertical snap would allow you to ensure accurate vertical positioning of parts when not using a specified symmetry. Am I wrong? This is my only installed plugin and it seems to snap parts only at the middle of the surface.

I'm really confused about this plugin. I assumed vertical snap would allow you to ensure accurate vertical positioning of parts when not using a specified symmetry. Am I wrong? This is my only installed plugin and it seems to snap parts only at the middle of the surface.

Yep, the mod takes advantage of an unused (under-developed) config setting within stock KSP.

That setting is called "vsnap" and basically does exactly what you've just described - it snaps placement to the mid-point of a given part. Unfortunately, KSP's stock functionality doesn't set fine-grain vertical points at which the editor can snap to.

Yep, the mod takes advantage of an unused (under-developed) config setting within stock KSP.

That setting is called "vsnap" and basically does exactly what you've just described - it snaps placement to the mid-point of a given part. Unfortunately, KSP's stock functionality doesn't set fine-grain vertical points at which the editor can snap to.

Ah, ok. Well, it is still useful, especially for snapping things onto smaller parts. Just not quite as useful as I thought.

@MachXXV: nice extension, two questions:

1. is there any way to make symetry count increase/decrease more user-friendly ? Because clicking to make +1/-1 at a time is just too bad (using X/shift-X is the same, there is not kind of repeat key enabled), and add a key/button to reset count (when you reach 100... you're in trouble).

Also, when number is > 50, decrease by one put it to 49 (you can get more than 50 by taking a part and continue clicking on symmetry button).

2. is there any way to add node selection on snapping ?

There is serious issues with big nodes and overlapping nodes which confuse the editor, and snapping sensibility is very badly set (a single node can get all "snapping force", the others are one single pixel move sensitive)

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...