[1.0.3] Editor Extensions v2.12 - 23 June

MachXXV

I'm still seeing crashes when opening an existing rocket and trying to move anything that has symmetry. I removed EditorExtensions and the problem went away.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Part: MechJeb 2 (AR202 case) Transforms: 5

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Part: MechJeb 2 (AR202 case) Transforms: 5

[KAE] Registering field prefabs for version 1.6.0.0 (latest)

Part Warning: part vernierEngine(Clone) is not a child of KW2mtankL4A

Part: Vernor Engine Transforms: 5

Crash!!!
SymInit: Symbol-SearchPath: '.;C:\Users\Shawn\Desktop\KSP_win64;C:\Users\Shawn\Desktop\KSP_win64;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;SRV*C:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;', symOptions: 530, UserName: 'Shawn'
OS-Version: 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1) 0x300-0x1
C:\Users\Shawn\Desktop\KSP_win64\KSP_x64.exe:KSP_x64.exe (000000013F100000), size: 15511552 (result: 0), SymType: '-exported-', PDB: 'C:\Users\Shawn\Desktop\KSP_win64\KSP_x64.exe', fileVersion: 4.5.2.26843

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

(0x0000000103F50000) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0
(0x0000000073D7E04C) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): EditorLogic:UpdatePartMode () + 0xbfc (0000000073D7D450 0000000073D7E710) [0000000000624D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x0000000073D7CE2E) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): EditorLogic:Update () + 0x7e (0000000073D7CDB0 0000000073D7CE9A) [0000000000624D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x00000000043972DB) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_void__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) + 0x6b (0000000004397270 000000000439734A) [0000000000624D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x000007FEE03836CA) (mono): (filename not available): mono_set_defaults + 0x2b8e
(0x3EB6CFC83E9DD420) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0
(0x00000000FFFFFFFF) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0
(0x0000000000624D48) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

@MachXXV: is there any way to change the use of TAB key to switch mode ?

Unfortunately, using it made editor switch from "main window" to vessel name/description field which is pretty annoying (":mad::mad::mad::mad: how much time I'll have to press this key to make the part rotate !!!!")

Am I the only one experiencing crashes?
Me too. ;.;
I too had to remove this mod because it was crashing my game, which is unfortunate because I don't like to play without it.

This is what I read from these quotes:

"Hey mod-developer! I'm having crashes! Now go ahead and try to guess what's wrong with your mod, since, never mind providing the error-logs, I don't provide any useful info whatsoever!

Actually, on that note, you should go ahead and try to guess if my crash is even related to your mod! Since I don't provide any info on if or not I have other mods installed either!

Good luck fixing things! In case there is something other than my lack of constructiveness to be fixed in the first place, that is!"

As for the crashes, I'm playing 0.24.2 64-bit on a new career with just MM and EE, and so far the total amount of crashes I've had is ZERO.

From what I'm seeing happen in pretty much all mods' threads' last pages, there are a lot of people spreading misinformation out of their own misunderstandings of which mods are causing which problems. My guess is that some people want to install the whole pack of mods they had prior to 0.24 and expect their still-outdated mods to work fine with a game that is still not done the hot-fixes and the other after-effects of a major update, and when the inevitable errors and crashes happen, they blame whichever mod comes to mind first.

Dear other mod-users. If you can't play KSP stockish for a week or two, or if you don't have the patience to actually install and test mods individually after the core game's updates, please at least have the decency of not spreading your own confusion about which mods are incompatible! You are not helping! And if you are not going to help, at the very least you shouldn't make things worse!

-----

@MachXXV - EE is NOT incompatible with 0.24.2; Or at least not for some users (me for one instance). I imagine you, as well as the other modders are going through a lot of stress due to the update, and I sincerely hope that you do not let yourself be affected by all the confusion generated by people who don't have the slightest clue about what they are talking, and who are reporting crashes and bugs on the threads of mods completely unrelated to the errors.

I love your mod and I hope you keep up the excellent work! - AlmightyR.

This is what I read from these quotes:

"Hey mod-developer! I'm having crashes! Now go ahead and try to guess what's wrong with your mod, since, never mind providing the error-logs, I don't provide any useful info whatsoever!

Actually, on that note, you should go ahead and try to guess if my crash is even related to your mod! Since I don't provide any info on if or not I have other mods installed either!

Good luck fixing things! In case there is something other than my lack of constructiveness to be fixed in the first place, that is!"

As for the crashes, I'm playing 0.24.2 64-bit on a new career with just MM and EE, and so far the total amount of crashes I've had is ZERO.

From what I'm seeing happen in pretty much all mods' threads' last pages, there are a lot of people spreading misinformation out of their own misunderstandings of which mods are causing which problems. My guess is that some people want to install the whole pack of mods they had prior to 0.24 and expect their still-outdated mods to work fine with a game that is still not done the hot-fixes and the other after-effects of a major update, and when the inevitable errors and crashes happen, they blame whichever mod comes to mind first.

Dear other mod-users. If you can't play KSP stockish for a week or two, or if you don't have the patience to actually install and test mods individually after the core game's updates, please at least have the decency of not spreading your own confusion about which mods are incompatible! You are not helping! And if you are not going to help, at the very least you shouldn't make things worse!

Some of us that you've quotes ARE supplying logs. Just FYI.

Some of us that you've quotes ARE supplying logs. Just FYI.

Quoting yourself for no reason, and not using the edit button when it's literally just a few pixels from where you were typing a new message, is silly, just FYI.

BTW, I think your log indicates a problem with KW, not EE.

Oh, and one last thing: You've completely missed the point. Congratulations.

Do you need candy? A hug? Both? Here, have some! *Gives flex some candy and the proceeds to bearhugâ„¢ him* :blush::kiss:

Can we go back to the EE subject now? Preferably constructively? Thanks in advance!

Quoting yourself for no reason, and not using the edit button when it's literally just a few pixels from where you were typing a new message, is silly, just FYI.

BTW, I think your log indicates a problem with KW, not EE.

Oh, and one last thing: You've completely missed the point. Congratulations.

Do you need candy? A hug? Both? Here, have some! *Gives flex some candy and the proceeds to bearhugâ„¢ him* :blush::kiss:

Can we go back to the EE subject now? Preferably constructively? Thanks in advance!

Rough day, huh?

You complained that people weren't supplying constructive feedback to help the developer of this mod resolve issues; you quoted me in there for some reason. I pointed out that MachXXV actually DOES have the necessary output logs (or, at least, hasn't requested anymore). You changed the topic to self-quoting (from the original topic of nonconstructive criticism) and then belittled me. Maybe just an excuse to hug and kiss men in public? Well... anyway...

Back to EditorExtensions, the topic we were talking about until you joined derailed the thread...

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

(0x0000000103F50000) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0
(0x0000000073D7E04C) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): EditorLogic:UpdatePartMode () + 0xbfc (0000000073D7D450 0000000073D7E710) [0000000000624D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x0000000073D7CE2E) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): EditorLogic:Update () + 0x7e (0000000073D7CDB0 0000000073D7CE9A) [0000000000624D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x00000000043972DB) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_void__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) + 0x6b (0000000004397270 000000000439734A) [0000000000624D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x000007FEE03836CA) (mono): (filename not available): mono_set_defaults + 0x2b8e
(0x3EB6CFC83E9DD420) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0
(0x00000000FFFFFFFF) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0
(0x0000000000624D48) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

The stack points to the EditorLogic. It's true that the past part I touched was a Vernor engine mounted on a KW tank, do you think that points to KW? How could I test that?

Hello! I started using this plugin when 0.24 came out, so I'm brand new to it.

This is NOT a bug report! Yay! :D It's working fine (at least I think? :wink:)

Rather I have a functionality question:

• Adds rotational/angle snapping at 1,5,15,30,45,90 degrees.

Indeed, I can set my angle snap to any of these choices. However, it doesn't seem to affect rotation.

When I hold shift+[rotation direction key], it still rotates only in the stock 5 degree steps. Regardless of the angle snap setting. Without shift of course it is still the stock 90 degree steps.

Is this a bug? am I missing something? (I don't see any other keys or GUI sections to change rotation)

Or is the feature list improperly worded and EE doesn't have functionality to change rotational steps?

Thanks!

You complained that people weren't supplying constructive feedback to help the developer of this mod resolve issues;

First of all, a complaint is made for someone. What I did was make a point. And it wan't about this specific mod, it was about the misinformation situation in general.

you quoted me in there for some reason. I pointed out that MachXXV actually DOES have the necessary output logs (or, at least, hasn't requested anymore). You changed the topic to self-quoting (from the original topic of nonconstructive criticism) and then belittled me.

I didn't quote you; I quoted one of your posts. Specifically, one that wasn't necessary since the post right before it was also yours, and one that didn't add anything to solve any mod's issues (no news nor logs about your problem), and just fuels the disinformation that is becoming a problem (as you can see by the fact your post triggered two people spreading even more nonconstructive and misinformative posts ["more nonconstructive and misinformative posts" here doesn't regard your posts, but the forum situation in general]). And I didn't change the subject from the nonconstructiveness; I used your self-quoting as an example of the noncosntructiveness. And I didn't belittle you; You immediately jumped to victim-mode and seemed (and still seem) to need a hug, so I offered you one. If you don't want my hugs you can stop playing victim and just say "Sorry, but I don't want no hugs" :P. I'll feel a little depressed if you don't let me hug you tho ;.;; It was such a nice chance to hug and kiss you in public...:sticktongue:

As for your problem. I'm pretty sure "EditorLogic" regards the KSP editor in general, not the changes to it made by EE (Which aren't very extensive, btw). If you look at other mods' threads, you will see most of the logs being posted are throwing "EditorLogic" problems, but proportionally speaking, "none" of those problems has anything to do with EE (or whatever mod the log is posted on) or changes introduced by it (/them).

What's causing the issue? I don't know! But the fact is that you can use the mod just fine in a new game, so the problem lies in the transition between the format the data was saved with on the old x32-only format and the new x32/x64 (interchangeable) format. Squad warned us all that the update would be a big one and that a lot of things with the transition from the old to the new version of KSP were probably going to be messy, so starting a new game was recommended. And that's exactly what's happening: There is noting exceptionally wrong with KSP or the mods that inherently breaks the current system. It's when the old system is involved that things start going wrong.

(Small note here: I'm playing KSP x64, and, aside from EE and MM that I already had installed, I've installed a few more mods, like FAR, JointReinforcement, MechJeb, TimeControl, RealChute, HyperEdit, RealFuels, RSS, and a few more minor ones. I installed them one by one and started a new game for each new one. I've been playing for the past 3 hours on this same config without a single crash or even a hiccup for that matter, and so I dare say: My KSP has never run so stable with so many mods!)

Don't worry! The devs (both Squad and mod devs) will figure and sort things out! But they need time to do that! And all this fuzz on the forums, with people posting error-logs in the wrong mod's thread (if there is any right thread in the first place, since most logs I've seen so far are KSP errors related to the transition in general), or worse still, simply saying "your mod is broken" or "my game crashes because of your mod", is not going to help!

Like I said...Have patience. Test your most essential mods, installing one at a time, and play a new campaing of "KSP-stockish" for a little while, like one or two weeks. If you find any bugs on that time, report them. When you are feeling lucky, update the mods and try your old saves again; And if they don't work, actually google up some parts of the stack-trace and try to figure out what is the actual origin of the problem before going to the forums; If you can't figure it out, it's fine, at least you've tried. But when the last pages of pretty much all mods' threads are filled with logs that have noting that actually points to the mod being the problem, that in itself becomes a problem.

Best regards. :D

Edited by AlmightyR

Indeed, I can set my angle snap to any of these choices. However, it doesn't seem to affect rotation.

When I hold shift+[rotation direction key], it still rotates only in the stock 5 degree steps. Regardless of the angle snap setting. Without shift of course it is still the stock 90 degree steps.

Is this a bug? am I missing something? (I don't see any other keys or GUI sections to change rotation)

Or is the feature list improperly worded and EE doesn't have functionality to change rotational steps?

As taniwha said, this isn't a bug, it only affects the angle snapping when surface attaching parts.

<ShamelessPlug>If you want accurate control over rotation then check out Part Angle Display. As well as displaying the angle the part is at, it also allows both the coarse and fine rotation increments to be changed down to 0.01 degrees, allows different values of increments for the different rotation axes with Alt held down, allows all three axis increments to be applied in one go (useful for setting multiple parts to the same angle), fixes the W/S and Shift-W/S rotations to go in the same direction and even allows parts to be rotated around their current axes rather than the fixed VAB/SPH axes.</ShamelessPlug>

Edited by Padishar

taniwha: Thank you for confirming this!

Padishar: Also thanks for confirmation.... and OOOooooo! Thank you for letting me know of this, it's just what I need!

Is there any particular glitches? Or is it considered safe against any mod conflicts?

and TBH: EE really should have rotational snap setting as well!

Padishar: Also thanks for confirmation.... and OOOooooo! Thank you for letting me know of this, it's just what I need!

Is there any particular glitches? Or is it considered safe against any mod conflicts?

No problem. No, there are no glitches I am aware of (other than the very slight flicker as the stock rotation happens and is then undone and replaced with the accurate rotation). It should work with 0.23.5 onwards (and will probably work with quite a few older versions too as it doesn't do anything particularly complicated or new).

Actually, there is one known mod conflict (some sort of screenshot mod) due to it using Alt-P for something as well. There may be others due to its use of the F/Shift-F/Alt-F key also.

Hello! I started using this plugin when 0.24 came out, so I'm brand new to it.

This is NOT a bug report! Yay! :D It's working fine (at least I think? :wink:)

Rather I have a functionality question:

Thanks!

If you want this feature, try Part Angle Display :)

also for a finer control on part rotation... and this is in no way intended to curb your enthusiasm for the previously mentioned angle control monitoring editation mod (that post isn't currently on my screen and I cant recall the proper name, apologies.) I find that if I want something rotated to a finer degree than 5, I set it to 90 then mount the part. then pick it up, set it to 1, 5, 30, whatever and move it... the original orientation remains... i.e. if you mount something to a structural pylon, say a fuel tank/engine assy. with a magnetometer on it (ksp interstellar) oriented at 90 degrees, then select the structural pylon and switch settings to 1 degree increments and move said assy. in 14 degrees one way or another the magnetometer will be oriented at 14 degrees now, not 90...

its a jumbled thought, I hope you can understand where im going with it... and yes I know this isn't a cure for all scenarios, hence the second sentence above... or is that a thought... maybe it should be in parenthesis? im rambling... man I wish I knew how to update mods... its raining outside, im bored... oh well, guess ill have to play nearly stock ksp...

:D

Why do you want a standin? It's not like it needs replacement or anything.

I must be operating on out-dated information. This hasn't worked for me since 0.24.2. Is there a known workaround? I posted my log and it pointed to EE; if I missed the fix I apologize.

I must be operating on out-dated information. This hasn't worked for me since 0.24.2. Is there a known workaround? I posted my log and it pointed to EE; if I missed the fix I apologize.

As was pointed out by AlmightyR, the partial log fragment you posted did not, in any way, implicate this mod in your problems. EditorLogic is the name of one of the core game's objects. This mod is working fine in KSP 0.24.2 for lots of people so there is something else wrong... You should be aware that the 64 bit version of KSP is known to have quite a number of serious bugs that often cause crashes. Also, 0.24.2 in general (e.g. both 32 and 64 bit) also has some serious bugs that can make it look like mods are causing problems but in reality it is the core game causing problems for the mods.

Try posting a complete output_log.txt...

As was pointed out by AlmightyR, the partial log fragment you posted did not, in any way, implicate this mod in your problems. EditorLogic is the name of one of the core game's objects. This mod is working fine in KSP 0.24.2 for lots of people so there is something else wrong... You should be aware that the 64 bit version of KSP is known to have quite a number of serious bugs that often cause crashes. Also, 0.24.2 in general (e.g. both 32 and 64 bit) also has some serious bugs that can make it look like mods are causing problems but in reality it is the core game causing problems for the mods.

Try posting a complete output_log.txt...

I've noticed that KSPx64 loves to crash a random plugin. Generally it seems that unity fails to load a file as it is trying to address said file. It has been something I've had to live with. x64 will improve in time, maybe in the future KSP will be compiled to run on the soon to be released Unity 5 player. For now, the random Kerbally *.dll crash isn't too bad and not too frequent.