[1.0.3] Editor Extensions v2.12 - 23 June

MachXXV

None of the keys seem to be working for me in VAB.

The EEX button is present & brings up the keybinds but when I press the key thats bounds (vertical snapping) nothing happens. Any ideas?

None of the keys seem to be working for me in VAB.

The EEX button is present & brings up the keybinds but when I press the key thats bounds (vertical snapping) nothing happens. Any ideas?

What OS are you on?

Try deleting the config.xml file in the GameData\EditorExtensions folder and starting the game back up - this will reset the plugin's config in case it's confused it's own keymapping. Also, the V function does work differently than it used to, you place the part first, then mouse over the part and hit V to center it.

What OS are you on?

Try deleting the config.xml file in the GameData\EditorExtensions folder and starting the game back up - this will reset the plugin's config in case it's confused it's own keymapping. Also, the V function does work differently than it used to, you place the part first, then mouse over the part and hit V to center it.

It this the same with the horizontal snap, also?

Then that's why it wasn't working. I'm too used to the old way.

It this the same with the horizontal snap, also?

Then that's why it wasn't working. I'm too used to the old way.

Yeah, the old way wasn't possible when they introduced the gizmos - I wasn't able to find a way to mod the snap points that they use, so I had to switch to moving the part after it's placed. It's still not ideal, but I'm taking another look at it now to see if I can make it work in a smoother way.

Yeah, the old way wasn't possible when they introduced the gizmos - I wasn't able to find a way to mod the snap points that they use, so I had to switch to moving the part after it's placed. It's still not ideal, but I'm taking another look at it now to see if I can make it work in a smoother way.

Thank you for clearing that up

On the next module manager pleas could you disable disabling your mod on miner KSP versions PLEAS!!!

That wasn't intentional - I'll update the KSP-AVC file to wildcard the 1.0.x versions so that should take care of it.

That wasn't intentional - I'll update the KSP-AVC file to wildcard the 1.0.x versions so that should take care of it.

thank you XD, sorry I realize I may have been a bit rude it wasn't my intent, I meant to go back and make the post less rude but I kinda fell asleep.

Much respect for editor extensions it up there for me with FAR/NEAR, DR, MFT on must have mods everyone should install even if you want a stock like experience, because they make everything just plain better without changing the game terribly from a visual prospective.

Edited by etheoma

Is this up with 1.0.2?

I'd love to install this great mod as soon as possible

It wasn't really affected by 1.0.1/2, but I rebuilt it anyways, and updated the KSP-AVC version file to include the 1.0.* compatibility range

I have an idea of a feature that could be really useful. Not sure if it would be possible, though.

What if we had a hotkey to replace a part by another one? Say you have a Mk2 rocket fuel fuselage part in the middle of your vessel with a bazillion things attached to it, and you want to change it to a jet fuel fuselage part. Right now you'd have to remove everything attached to the current part, remove it, put the new part, and put back everything attached to it.

Of course, doing this with parts that are not the same size could do some weird things, but there might be a way to make it work.

I have an idea of a feature that could be really useful. Not sure if it would be possible, though.

What if we had a hotkey to replace a part by another one? Say you have a Mk2 rocket fuel fuselage part in the middle of your vessel with a bazillion things attached to it, and you want to change it to a jet fuel fuselage part. Right now you'd have to remove everything attached to the current part, remove it, put the new part, and put back everything attached to it.

Of course, doing this with parts that are not the same size could do some weird things, but there might be a way to make it work.

Oh so many times I realize too late that the center of my crazy asparagus rocket needs to be different. One nice thing about 1.0, that sort of design is kind of out the door now.

But still, I'd love this.

@MachXXV Have you considered any possibility to add a "Focus View" feature to the editor? Like the "Numpad ." key in Blender. By pressing which the camera will zoom into the selected part and any subsequent camera rotation will revolve around the part in focus. KSP editor allows you to select individual parts when in offset and other modes...

@MachXXV Have you considered any possibility to add a "Focus View" feature to the editor? Like the "Numpad ." key in Blender. By pressing which the camera will zoom into the selected part and any subsequent camera rotation will revolve around the part in focus. KSP editor allows you to select individual parts when in offset and other modes...

Definitely looks doable. Just tried adding this in and got it mostly working, but I have to iron out an issue it creates with dragging parts from the part menu. I'll likely include this in the next update.

• 2 weeks later...
I've got a problem. Editor extensions shows up in the SPH/VAB, but I can't use any of its features. Any fix?

I kind of have the same issue: Vertical and horizontal snap don't seems to do anything...

Definitely looks doable. Just tried adding this in and got it mostly working, but I have to iron out an issue it creates with dragging parts from the part menu. I'll likely include this in the next update.

There's a similar issue with using a 3d mouse in the editor, someone has found a simple fix: http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/3838#note-17

Thanks! Looks like that fixes the problem - I was going crazy trying to fiddle with the camera and editor space to get the part dragging to work right.

Well I celebrated too soon, looks like that fix has some side effects in the editor and breaks some other behaviors.

- - - Updated - - -

I kind of have the same issue: Vertical and horizontal snap don't seems to do anything...

Are you placing the part first, then hovering the mouse over the part, then hitting V or H? it doesn't work the old way anymore, where it would snap as you placed it.

Well I celebrated too soon, looks like that fix has some side effects in the editor and breaks some other behaviors.

What sort of side effects? I've only done cursory testing with the fix and haven't noticed anything, what should I be looking for?

What sort of side effects? I've only done cursory testing with the fix and haven't noticed anything, what should I be looking for?

I didn't try it without my mod running to see if it's just interfering with mine (it might only be affecting my mod), but after the disable/re-enable of the EditorLogic instance in that fix it appears that some of the editor gameobjects weren't accessible anymore, the big one was the angle snap mode wasn't responding to changes. I tried the fix in a couple different points in time during the mod loading but it didn't take care of it. I'll also try running it as an independent module to see if that makes a difference.

Hi all, fwind here. Guess it's a problem with ordering again. Made a new version of the fix that pushes EditorExtensions behind EditorLogic: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7121093/ksp-mods/KSP%5B1.0.2%5DKspIssue3838Fix%5BMay17%5D.zip

Hopefully not many more plugins depend on the ordering with EditorLogic or we have to figure something out. I only need it to run after UIManager so the part spawning is fixed. So anything you figure out for EE is probably fine for me. We should lobby Squad to fix the root cause of issue 3838. Who knows how long this trick keeps working.