[1.0.3] Editor Extensions v2.12 - 23 June

MachXXV

Editor Extensions v2.12 For KSP v1.0.3

Changes in v2.12 - 23 June 2015

• Fixed conflict with new angle snap behavior in KSP v1.0.3 editor. May introduce a flicker/twitch when changing angles, but has no negative effect.

Changes in v2.11

• Fixed conflict with new symmetry mode behavior in KSP v1.0.3 editor. May introduce a flicker/twitch when changing symmetry modes 1-8, but has no negative effect.
  • Recompiled against KSP v1.0.3 binaries
  • Skipped v2.9/.10 due to deployment/versioning issues

Changes in v2.8

• New strut and fuel line alignment logic
  • U snaps strut/fuel line directly between parts, with each end at nearest top, bottom, middle or one-quarter position.
  • Alt/Mod-U aligns strut at current height straight between parts, does not snap height on either end.
  • Vertical/Horizontal alignment takes no action if part is currently attached to a node (green ball)
  • Numpad . (period) centers camera around part under cursor. Incomplete feature - while refocused part dragging is offset. Hitting period with no part under cursor resets back to normal.

Version History

Download v2.12 from GitHub

Download from KerbalStuff

Download from Curse

Or use the KSP CKAN Package Manager

Features

• Allows custom levels of radial symmetry beyond the stock limitations.
  • Horizontally and vertically center parts.
  • Adds radial/angle snapping at 1,5,15,22.5,30,45,60, and 90 degrees. Angles are customizable.
  • Toggle part clipping (From the cheat options)
  • Re-Align placed struts and fuel lines between parts
  • Toggle radial and node attachment of parts
  • Reset hangar camera view
  • Customize hotkeys
  • KSP-AVC versioning support

Vertical/Horizontal snap:

• Place the part, then once the part is placed, hover over the part with your mouse and press the Vertical or Horizontal snap hotkey.
  • For vertical snap, part will center itself on the part lengthwise in the SPH

Strut & Fuel line alignment

• Place the strut, then hover over the base/start of the strut (the first end placed) with the mouse, and press the hotkey.
  • Strut/FL start and end with be snapped to the closest of either the middle, quarter, or end of the part, aligned directly between the two parts.
  • Mod/Alt-U will reposition the strut/FL directly between the parts, but only level out the strut from the start/parent part.

Default Keybindings

• V- Vertically center a part. Place the part, hover over it with the mouse, and press the hotkey.
  • H- Horizontally center the part. Place the part, hover over it with the mouse, and press the hotkey.
  • U- Place the strut, then hover over the base/start of the strut (the first end placed) with the mouse, and press the hotkey.
  • X, Shift+X- Increase/Decrease symmetry level (Based on KSP's key map)
  • Alt+X- Reset symmetry level (Based on KSP's key map)
  • C, Shift+C- Increase/Decrease angle snap (Based on KSP's key map)
  • Alt+C- Reset angle snap (Based on KSP's key map)
  • T- Attachment mode: Toggle between surface and node attachment modes for all parts, and when a part is selected, will toggle surface attachment even when that part's config usually does not allow it.
  • Alt+Z- Toggle part clipping (CAUTION: This is a cheat option)
  • Space- When no part is selected, resets camera pitch and heading (straight ahead and level)

Demonstration of strut alignment:

Installation

In your KSP GameData folder, delete any existing EditorExtensions folder.Download the zip file to your KSP GameData folder and unzip.

Released under MIT license.

Source available at GitHub: https://github.com/MachXXV/EditorExtensions

Edited by MachXXV

Where is the source code as per plugin posting rules?

Thanks for making this replacement. I hope you take it above and beyond what the author of its predecessor had done.

Where is the source code as per plugin posting rules?

Forgot to include it - download is updated with the source. It'll be cleaned up/commented better as I go along.

It will, I didn't include that in this version, I'll probably add it in tomorrow.

Will be good, the size of things I build I really need the extra space :) - will hold off installing until tomorrow....

It will, I didn't include that in this version, I'll probably add it in tomorrow.

YAY! That part is really important to me, i like to make stupidly huge things =P

Thanks for bringing this back for us.

Just a thought, if at all possible can the roof of SPH go up...always thought it was kinda odd the old one only expanded the walls.

Actually if I was you I'd wait before doing this. The 0.21 patch is just about to be released and the VAB and SPH are being completely remade, so whatever work you do on 0.20 is likely to not work with 0.21. Of course you can still do it, but it's likely that you would have to mostly start over when 0.21 will be released :l

Suggestions (downloading now, haven't tried it yet):

1 degree symmetry and make the shift-wasdqe shortcuts rotate a part by the current symmetry angle rather than a set amount (I think it's 5 degrees)

Toggle radial attachment. Turning it off is a boon when you're trying to get a radially attachable part to attach to a node. Turning it on is slightly cheaty in some situations, but some parts would make more sense as radially attachable.

Suggestions (downloading now, haven't tried it yet):

Toggle radial attachment. Turning it off is a boon when you're trying to get a radially attachable part to attach to a node. Turning it on is slightly cheaty in some situations, but some parts would make more sense as radially attachable.

This was added in today's update - Alt+R for general/global toggle, and Shift+Alt+R to toggle radial attachment for those parts that normall have it disabled.

Wow, you have done so many improvements is such a short time. I think that with your latest update Editor Extensions has become even more useful that EdTools, and that's saying a lot. The only option left that I would like to see is: the ability to press a key to toggle where to launch, the SPH or VAB. That was one option with EdTools that I used fairly often. Keep up the good work :)

I don't think there is yet. What I've been doing is saving the subassembly, then going to the SPH and loading it there to build using the symmetry there, then saving it again and reloading it in the VAB. It's clunkier than just switching directly, but it works.

A couple things that are missing from EdTools that are really handy....

Right now the 'angle snap' functions are REALLY bothersome...even worse than stock imo. It going strait to 30deg is a pain, i use 15deg as me 'default' snap. Also you cant reset it with 'alt+c' like you could in EdTools, you have to cycle through all of em to get back to 0.

Pressing 'tab' to change between VAB and SPH symmetry is a must have. I am honestly regretting making the switch from edtools to this so soon just because I lost this feature.

Other than those couple issues its working great (thanks for VAB symmetry stoping at x8...that bothered me sooo much about edtools!)

A couple things that are missing from EdTools that are really handy....

Right now the 'angle snap' functions are REALLY bothersome...even worse than stock imo. It going strait to 30deg is a pain, i use 15deg as me 'default' snap. Also you cant reset it with 'alt+c' like you could in EdTools, you have to cycle through all of em to get back to 0.

Pressing 'tab' to change between VAB and SPH symmetry is a must have. I am honestly regretting making the switch from edtools to this so soon just because I lost this feature.

Other than those couple issues its working great (thanks for VAB symmetry stoping at x8...that bothered me sooo much about edtools!)

Just updated the plugin today - it sounds like you might have an 2nd copy of the plugin installed, or one of the older versions. Angle snap should be starting at 15, also symmetry can be increased past 8. VAB/SPH toggle has been added in this latest update.

Eventually I want to make the plugin configurable so you can set your own preferences like these, but that's still a few weeks away.

Just updated the plugin today - it sounds like you might have an 2nd copy of the plugin installed, or one of the older versions. Angle snap should be starting at 15, also symmetry can be increased past 8. VAB/SPH toggle has been added in this latest update.

Eventually I want to make the plugin configurable so you can set your own preferences like these, but that's still a few weeks away.

I guess I missed an update... Sorry about that.

You misunderstand me about the x8. EdTools would not stop there when going up, it would go to x9. Youd have to go down to select it, and it bugged me to no end. I was saying thanks for making your version make the sensible stop at x8 as you select upwards.

You misunderstand me about the x8. EdTools would not stop there when going up, it would go to x9. Youd have to go down to select it, and it bugged me to no end. I was saying thanks for making your version make the sensible stop at x8 as you select upwards.

Ahh ok - yes I used a different approach to cycle the symmetry than the old one used so that it would be more consistent

Just have to say, I think you've now surpassed Editor Tools's functionality with this last update. Even if you we're to just leave it as is its now a complete replacement.

Bravo!!