[1.0.3] Editor Extensions v2.12 - 23 June

MachXXV

Nothing to patch.

SO you're telling me it works With 24.2? Confusign sicne In that compatible MOd thread it's still In red for almost 2 weeks now as not compatible So this is all I wanted to know.If it works as is on the latest patch without issues. thanks :)

What compatible mod thread?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55401-Community-Mods-and-Plugins-Library Go down that list loo kat al lthe mods inblue it means its been tested and works with 24.2 the mods In red means that mod hasent been updated to the 24.2 patch so I ususually don't even bother to download a mod that's not in blue.

Scroll down to the Utility/Resources section this mod is listed there as 24 compatible but not 24.2 Its In red. I'm sure I'm not the only person who did not even download this simply because it's not been confirmed to work with 24.2 yet I'm not saying I'm right and I know every ect but this is coming from your average mod user.

Edited by Dermeister

So why not try it yourself instead of relying upon others to spoonfeed you information. If it works great, help the community out and let the author of that thread know it works, if not, oh well, wasn't expecting it to, it won't hurt anything, uninstall and go on with life.

So why not try it yourself instead of relying upon others to spoonfeed you information. If it works great, help the community out and let the author of that thread know it works, if not, oh well, wasn't expecting it to, it won't hurt anything, uninstall and go on with life.

This my friend is the whole reason I posted here in the first place asking about it :)thanks for renforcing what I'm trying to accomplish

Great mod, but could you add toolbar integration and a gui, so we don't need to rely only on hotkeys? You get used to it eventually, but it's more comfortable when starting to use it.

Seconded. I love this mod, but the only thing imperfect about it is that I'm continually forgetting which button does what. Is there any way to view the hotkeys from within the game?

Great mod, but could you add toolbar integration and a gui, so we don't need to rely only on hotkeys? You get used to it eventually, but it's more comfortable when starting to use it.

Thirded (is that a word?). I was just looking at the keys on here and somehow totally missed the vertical snapping.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been raised before, but I've noticed a bug when trying to place parts using SPH symmetry on other parts already placed with VAB symmetry. Say you place 4 girders around a tank using 4x VAB symmetry and then you want to place wheels (or whatever) on just two of those girders, it will LOOK like it works, but will actually place 3 or 4 of the object on the opposite side from where you click to place it (so it would look like you placed the two wheels on two of the girders like you want to, but there will actually be one wheel on one side and 3 or 4 instances of the wheel on the opposite side). Playing around with this I can replicate it every time and it never works correctly -if you wanted to achieve the above example properly you'd have to use SPH symmetry and add the other girders from scratch, rather than using the VAB symmetry to being with. In more complex scenarios, especially for building rovers, it would be really nice if this worked correctly.

Thanks for continuing to update this must-have mod :)

This is AWESOME! One question, though: I'm still unable to attach a wheel to a Not-Rockomax Micronode. I had hoped that forcing surface attachment with alt-R would let this work (it would be a great and space-efficient way to attach wheels to the ends of robot arms), but apparently not. Am I doing it wrong, or is it still not possible?

How do I install this plugin? I tried putting the EditorExtensions folder into Gamedata, but it doesn't seem to work. I'm running 0.23, by the way. Would that have anything to do with it?

*facepalm* could you update 0.24.2 to to download? Thanks!

*facepalm* could you update 0.24.2 to to download? Thanks!

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say. If you're saying that I should start using 0.24, then I would respectfully respond to that by saying that I don't want to. I already spent a crap ton of time setting up the game the way I want it, and I'm not interested in the whole "contracts" thing. Thanks!

Yes, indeed it would. Note that the thread title says 0.24.

Yes, I KNOW it says 0.24. That's why I said that I was running 0.23. I guess I should have asked if there was still a 0.23 version available. The tried downloading all of the previous versions from the link MachXXV includes, but for most of them when I try to open up the .zip file it says it's corrupt. And with the ones that do open, I put the EditorExtensions into Gamedata, and it doesn't do anything.

Does anyone have any constructive thoughts on this?

To download a file in a github repo, you need to click on it to open the repo's page for it. Then right-click "Raw" and choose save-as. Otherwise you're downloading a webpage.

Here's a link to the one for .23.5. It might well work. https://github.com/MachXXV/EditorExtensions/raw/4010e1b4ab291ca9a358d114e1824e06c298955c/Releases/EditorExtensions_v1.0b.zip

To download a file in a github repo, you need to click on it to open the repo's page for it. Then right-click "Raw" and choose save-as. Otherwise you're downloading a webpage.

Good to know. I'll remember that for next time.

That worked like a charm! Much appreciated.

I searched the thread to no avail, if i build or load a spaceplane in the SPH and fly it then revert to assembly, it puts me in the VAB this annoyed me so much I had to remove this mod. Is there a fix, or is this a feature, I understand how tab works just building spaceplanes in the VAB sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I tested this mod yesterday and think it's very helpful plugin. I like it.

There is one thing which can improve this:

Handling all editormodes with shortkeys is nice but it would be great if you could implement a GUI-window (to use with the toolbar for example) where you can modify and show the differend modes. This would make it much easier and you have a full overview about that you are doing at the moment.

Maybe it is possible to make a edit-function there you can enter the angles for x-, y- and z-axis and maybe the positon (i.e. x;y) on the surface of the attached part

I searched the thread to no avail, if i build or load a spaceplane in the SPH and fly it then revert to assembly, it puts me in the VAB this annoyed me so much I had to remove this mod. Is there a fix, or is this a feature, I understand how tab works just building spaceplanes in the VAB sucks.

I didn't notice this bug at all, sounds more like a savefile from the VAB was moved into the folder of the SPH.

Unless you edit the savefile of the craft, it will revert to the origin scene where the save was created.