[1.0.3] Editor Extensions v2.12 - 23 June

MachXXV

Hi all, fwind here. Guess it's a problem with ordering again. Made a new version of the fix that pushes EditorExtensions behind EditorLogic: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7121093/ksp-mods/KSP%5B1.0.2%5DKspIssue3838Fix%5BMay17%5D.zip

Hopefully not many more plugins depend on the ordering with EditorLogic or we have to figure something out. I only need it to run after UIManager so the part spawning is fixed. So anything you figure out for EE is probably fine for me. We should lobby Squad to fix the root cause of issue 3838. Who knows how long this trick keeps working.

Thanks for the update - I also noticed that it broke Kerbal Inventory System's dragging parts to the inventory windows - similar thing, it probably isn't hitting the inventory UI.

Tried the updated patch - didn't break anything, but didn't fix it anymore either. In EE's case the problem is that the parts do spawn, but the spawn location is off, as well as the pointer-to-part offset when dragging. I've been poking around the pick part/spawn etc methods in the editor but no joy so far in tweaking it back to normal with an offset camera. When I did the disable/re-enable in EE itself, it was like some UI references were broken, even if I grabbed a new reference to editorlogic after the enable.

I'll continue to poke around, if I find anything I'll let you know.

Cool, are you gonna add the function to the part clipping to enable to part to be placed upside down? They have changed the behaviour and it it now requires to enable a cheat in order to place part upside down (i do that sometimes with parachutes).

There's a problem with the C Key. In stock, it enables/disables angle snap and at the same time switches between snap mode / fine control for offset and turn gizmo.

With EE, this still works somehow (showing whatever angle EE is set to +1 or -1), but missing some indicator if fine tuning = on or off. When clicking on a part with offet gizmo in snap mode on, it changes part position and may not be reversable. It 's better to activate fine tuning (turn off snap angle) first then click on that part. But i never know if its activated or not, because standard snap angle icon is gone.

There's a problem with the C Key. In stock, it enables/disables angle snap and at the same time switches between snap mode / fine control for offset and turn gizmo.

With EE, this still works somehow (showing whatever angle EE is set to +1 or -1), but missing some indicator if fine tuning = on or off. When clicking on a part with offet gizmo in snap mode on, it changes part position and may not be reversable. It 's better to activate fine tuning (turn off snap angle) first then click on that part. But i never know if its activated or not, because standard snap angle icon is gone.

I'm looking into this, I need to tweak the behavior when a gizmo is active. I may end up listening for when a gizmo is used, and revert back to the stock icon and on/off style angle snap until you go back to regular part place mode.

• 3 weeks later...
Symmetry shortcut seems to be going bonkers in KSP 1.0.3

I'm getting issues too, it's not cycling as it should. Something has changed in the editor behavior, I'll need to track it down.

Angle snap also has the same issue; I switch EditorExtensions.cs:248 to GetKeyUp() and it works now, with the same inconsequential UI glitch. I can send a pull request, but the change is trivial after following your symmetry mode changes from earlier. :)

Would there be any chance of getting the fixed .dll? I can't get Visual Studio to open the .csproj file, so I can't recompile it after going in and fixing the .cs file.

The download link on the first post should be the one you want

No, it isn't. The angle snap glitch is still present. It's the same issue that was present with symmetry which was fixed.

Ah, whoops. I didn't notice it.

I won't be able to test and publish this until tonight, but I have a build of v2.12 with the angle snap fix on Github for anyone who wants to try it before then:

https://github.com/MachXXV/EditorExtensions/raw/master/Releases/EditorExtensions_v2.12.zip

Seems to work

Edit:

Looks like strut and fuel line alignment causes the strut/line to become invisible, but it still exists (as reported by Kerbal Engineer)

Edited by tutike2000

Looks like strut and fuel line alignment causes the strut/line to become invisible, but it still exists (as reported by Kerbal Engineer)

Seems to be working for the most part, but I did see some odd behavior, I'll have to do some more testing to narrow it down.

I won't be able to test and publish this until tonight, but I have a build of v2.12 with the angle snap fix on Github for anyone who wants to try it before then:

https://github.com/MachXXV/EditorExtensions/raw/master/Releases/EditorExtensions_v2.12.zip

Works! Thanks a ton!

It now seems to be doing manually what the manual workaround was: click the symmetry count button after cycling editorextensions symmetry count.

Hi,

Just trying to update to the latest version via ckan to fix the issues with 1.0.3/4. Problem is ckan is only showing version 2.3 and I had 2.8 installed already so it would not update. I removed 2.8 and tried again and it still only showing 2.3?

Any ideas?

Edit: also just gone back in game and the 2.3 ckan installed isn't showing at all in game.

Edited by Torih

Hi,

Just trying to update to the latest version via ckan to fix the issues with 1.0.3/4. Problem is ckan is only showing version 2.3 and I had 2.8 installed already so it would not update. I removed 2.8 and tried again and it still only showing 2.3?

Any ideas?

Edit: also just gone back in game and the 2.3 ckan installed isn't showing at all in game.

Same here, I don't think CKAN has updated its database