[1.0.3] Editor Extensions v2.12 - 23 June

MachXXV

Why are you distributing KSP and UnityEngine DLLs with your mod?

It runs fine without them, at least on Windows. Won't it just cause problems, since DLLs are different from those installed in KSP?

Why are you distributing KSP and UnityEngine DLLs with your mod?

It runs fine without them, at least on Windows. Won't it just cause problems, since DLLs are different from those installed in KSP?

That wasn't intentional, I did the 0.21 build in a bit of a rush and had the new dlls included in the release package by accident when I imported the new .21 libraries - I've removed them.

Suggestion: some sort of visual feedback or control button for part rotation, I often forget how far I've rotated something. I hate wondering throughout an entire flight whether something is rotated 40 or 45 degrees.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I have a problem that whenever I press tab or v to switch modes it switches and switches back instantly. Both texts that say VAB/SPH, Vertical off/Vertical On appear at the same place and time. Any help?

Version seems a big buggy, sometimes it resets your symmetry back to 1x, but when you press X to increase symmetry back up, it actually changes to 1 above where you were originally, same with the angle snap.

Hey, I have a problem that whenever I press tab or v to switch modes it switches and switches back instantly. Both texts that say VAB/SPH, Vertical off/Vertical On appear at the same place and time. Any help?

Was this in the SPH or the VAB?

Version seems a big buggy, sometimes it resets your symmetry back to 1x, but when you press X to increase symmetry back up, it actually changes to 1 above where you were originally, same with the angle snap.

Some of that I can't avoid - the stock editor still tries to set its own symmetry in the background and I go in just a split second afterwards and set it differently - sometimes that timing doesn't work out, especially when you have a part sitting on another symmetry part and it tries to change the symmetry while I'm not looking

Let me start off by saying how grateful I am for this mod. Absolutely essential add-on as far as I'm concerned.

One issue that I've been having however, is that there are times when symmetry snapping seems to get confused by tab-ing between VAB and SPH, leading to struts and whatnot vertically wrapping horizontal parts, or wrapping horizontally around vertical parts.

I suspect that this might be due to the select-root-part plugin "remembering" the VAB\SPH state of the root part when the new root is selected, but I haven't yet had time to verify this.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Let me start off by saying how grateful I am for this mod. Absolutely essential add-on as far as I'm concerned.

One issue that I've been having however, is that there are times when symmetry snapping seems to get confused by tab-ing between VAB and SPH, leading to struts and whatnot vertically wrapping horizontal parts, or wrapping horizontally around vertical parts.

I suspect that this might be due to the select-root-part plugin "remembering" the VAB\SPH state of the root part when the new root is selected, but I haven't yet had time to verify this.

It happened a few times to me while while building a station made of mixed parts assembled in VAB and SPH mode. I admit I don't exactly remember the process to reproduce it nor posted a bug report because every time I found a workaround by individually rotating the pieces in the "right" symmetry mode and then rebuild carefully.

It's a little bit longer, but every time I ended up getting it to work the way I wanted.

Sure, there may be a few quirks here and there, but I guess we should keep in mind that SQUAD never planned to handle the exotic cases introduced into the editor by this mod, and they probably kept the VAB/SPH symmetry modes separate to avoid the headaches associated with a symmetry mode toggleable on the fly.

Which reminds me that initially, I also came here to thank MachXXV for his awesome job : this is the only mod that I really miss when playing a brand new release of KSP (and I rarely miss it very long, because the author usually updates it quickly).

The vertical snap feature that can be toggled on the fly is at the heart of my construction techniques, especially when going the asparagus way. And the additional symmetries option allowed me to design a cool pentagon-shaped solar panel assembly for my spy sats! (I should post pictures if I can recover the craft from my recently crashed drive)

Thank you MachXXV!

EDIT : saves successfully recovered, here is the pic.

Edited by el_coyoto

This mod is absolutely great!

Yes, it is a bit laggy, but works as intended.

Vertical snap is so far the best part of it for me, helps in making asparagus staging and stuff...

Adding an option to snap vertically from the center of a part by 1/0.5/0.25 meters would be nice, wouldn't it?

The only thing I can wish for more is... well...

The ability to snap not only the beginnings of struts and fuel lines but their endings too.

I think, many people have come across the inability to place the end of a strut or a fuel line exactly where you want it to be...

This thing have been always irritating me.

It is not a very clear thing, how complicated it can be to make such feature?

Probably, the easiest way to do it is to use the "docking struts" mod, modified to work in VAB and with automatic linking of two ends...

or may be not

Edited by Absolute Human

Does nobody else have my problem? I'll try to get a pic soon.

EDIT: Here it is. It's the same for vertical but the different text.

Edited by funkey100

Does nobody else have my problem? I'll try to get a pic soon.

EDIT: Here it is. It's the same for vertical but the different text.

Check that you didn't accidentally end up with 2 copies of the plugin in the gamedata or plugin folders (specifically the .dll), having 2 copies of the plugin loaded could cause this, otherwise the only thing I could think of would be another plugin thats hooked into the tab/v keys that might be interfering, but the extra plugin copy is more likely.

I've run into it as well, especially when adding on parts rotated sideways. It's coming from how the base editor is acting, so far I haven't found a way around it.

• 2 weeks later...

Pardon my noob question, but which folders do I need to put the .cs and .dll files in order for them to take effect?

I know where to find my KSP folder on my boot drive, but I've only ever messed with parts and ships, so I'm not sure where to put these editor things. Can I do that thing where I dump them all in a folder in "Game Data" and the game will figure out the rest itself?