Some of the planets have secrets within their names

Deadpangod3

So I was bored and was thinking about ksp and I noticed that some of their names sounded like Spanish kinda, so I put all the names into google translate (and all the names backwards too)

So heres the list:

Null = no translation

Moho - mold

Moho - ohom - null

Eve - null

Gilly - null

Gilly - yllig - null

Kerbin - null

Kerbin - nibrek - null

mün - null

Mün - nüm - No.

Minmus - null

Minmus - sumnim - null

Duna - null

Duna - anud - null

Ike - null

Ike - eki - null

Dres - null

Dres - Sred - null

Jool - null

Jool - looj - null

Laythe - null

Laythe - Ehtyal - null

Vall - null*

Vall - llav - safari keyrings

Tylo - null

Tylo - Olyt - null

Bop - null

Bop - pob - null

Pol - null

Pol - lop - null

Eeloo - null

Eeloo - oolee - null

Sneaky devs :)

The only one seems to be Moho, and mold doesn't make any sense really.

I know that Pol's name is a reference to it's appearance being similar to a grain of pollen.

And Minmus contains the prefix min-, which means smaller or less than, as in minority, minimum, minuet (a dance with smaller steps), etc.

Kerbin - home world of the kerbals, it's a funny word

Minmus - likely derived from the latin word minimus, witch means "smallest" or "least significant"

Mün - sounds like moon

Duna - it's a dusty desert world, the name is in reference to sand dunes

Ike - obvious reference to the character Ike Enans from the tv series Magic City, who is very focused on protecting his family

Jool - the crown jewel of the Kerbol system

Pol - looks like a piece of pollen when viewed at a distance

Vall - an ice world, Valhalla?

Eeloo - finds it very easy to elude you

There's a famous planet in science fiction named Duna, you know.

Also, Moho may have something to do with the concept of "mohole", since it appears to have a couple.

There is?

Are you thinking of Dune, or its "proper" name Arrakis?

Back when they were making the planets I believe they said Moho was in reference to the MohoroviÄÂić discontinuity.

Well, if I Recall something about there being Moholes as well...

Eve - like evening.

Venus (eve analog, kinda) is sometimes called the Evening Star, or Morning star, depending on when it's up. Venus is also the love Goddess (in Roman mythology), Eve is the name of the first woman (in the Bible/Torah) so there is some "important female" connection.

Eve - like evening.

Venus (eve analog, kinda) is sometimes called the Evening Star, or Morning star, depending on when it's up. Venus is also the love Goddess (in Roman mythology), Eve is the name of the first woman (in the Bible/Torah) so there is some "important female" connection.

And yet Eve in this game is one harsh, unforgiving mistress. She's also rather clingy. Just try getting away from her once you've gone to her place.

And yet Eve in this game is one harsh, unforgiving mistress. She's also rather clingy. Just try getting away from her once you've gone to her place.

Venus is worse. It may not have the higher gravity, but it DOES have the thicker atmosphere. It's also EXTREMELY hot(Runaway greenhouse effect). And has clouds...of Sulfuric Acid. Which leads to quite literal Acid Rain.

Eve's hard to get off of. Venus is hard to SURVIVE on, even for probes.

Jool is a gas GIANT and is GREEN.

The JOLLY GREEN GIANT is mascot of a brand of canned Vegetables.

In Gustav Holsts "The Planets" (and Roman mythology?) JUPITER is "the bringer of JOLLITY".

Coincidence? Maybe.....

Venus is worse. It may not have the higher gravity, but it DOES have the thicker atmosphere. It's also EXTREMELY hot(Runaway greenhouse effect). And has clouds...of Sulfuric Acid. Which leads to quite literal Acid Rain.

Eve's hard to get off of. Venus is hard to SURVIVE on, even for probes.

According to Nova, Eve is too, they just don't have the tech in place yet to represent it's hellishness. And I wouldn't worry about the Acid rain on Venus so much as the rain of liquid molten metal.

Laythe is a city inside the Moon in Edgar Rice Burroughs' The Moon Maid.

Well, if I Recall something about there being Moholes as well...

The "Mohole" project is named for the Mohorovicic discontinuity, so yeah, it's the same idea.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.