[v0.4] Probodobdyne Construction Kit

NovaSilisko

Guest ThatCrazyPilot

Speaking of mars, are you going to add a rover-type lander? That would be awesome! As far as I know, none has ever made a mod with rovers in it.

Speaking of mars, are you going to add a rover-type lander? That would be awesome! As far as I know, none has ever made a mod with rovers in it.

Because they\'re really stupid right now. No wheel physics or ways to move them without rockets. They just explode after 2 seconds of relatively fast travel.

I\'ll remain adamant against that idea for reasons I can\'t put my finger on. I just hate the sound of it.

Uhm... why?

I\'m not confrontational, I\'d just like to know why.

The technical difficulty of making planets moddable depends on what kind of code Harv and the others will use for creating them: basically, to make a planet you\'d need a way to load custom shaders that draw the surface and the elevation map, the other stuff like orbital and atmospheric data is just some variables in a text file. Outside of this technical problem (which might very well be hard), what would be the cons?

Uhm... why?

I\'m not confrontational, I\'d just like to know why.

The technical difficulty of making planets moddable depends on what kind of code Harv and the others will use for creating them: basically, to make a planet you\'d need a way to load custom shaders that draw the surface and the elevation map, the other stuff like orbital and atmospheric data is just some variables in a text file. Outside of this technical problem (which might very well be hard), what would be the cons?

I feel like it would brutally murder what the game originally was about...the small Kerbol system and it\'s mysteries being explored by Kerbal-kind.

However, extrasolar star systems that are user made? That\'s fine with me.

Just, if it does get implemented, expect dick planets.

I feel like it would brutally murder what the game originally was about...the small Kerbol system and it\'s mysteries being explored by Kerbal-kind.

However, extrasolar star systems that are user made? That\'s fine with me.

Oh, I think that we agree on this. The basic planets should be fixed, to allow for a good artistic direction: KSP will present itself through the whole of the Kerbol system. The mod star systems should certainly be other systems.

I\'d also agree with having to 'complete the game', at least in part, to unlock other systems (I don\'t mean 'discovering warp drive', which doesn\'t have a place in KSP as I see it...)

Just, if it does get implemented, expect dick planets.

I fear you\'re right here too. But I think I\'d take the risk of giving the trolls another thing to play with (and soon get tired of), to allow the possibility of modeling the real-life extrasolar systems that are being discovered, for instance...

Oh, I think that we agree on this. The basic planets should be fixed, to allow for a good artistic direction: KSP will present itself through the whole of the Kerbol system. The mod star systems should certainly be other systems.

I\'d also agree with having to 'complete the game', at least in part, to unlock other systems (I don\'t mean 'discovering warp drive', which doesn\'t have a place in KSP as I see it...)

I fear you\'re right here too. But I think I\'d take the risk of giving the trolls another thing to play with (and soon get tired of), to allow the possibility of modeling the real-life extrasolar systems that are being discovered, for instance...

I\'d think the warp drive would be something along the lines of 'use it anywhere near a planet, and RIP that planet.'

Guest ThatCrazyPilot

I\'d think the warp drive would be something along the lines of 'use it anywhere near a planet, and RIP that planet.'

Easiest way is to specify distance from local star, body mass, body radius, angle and initial velocity. The best way is much more involved, for H. if he wants to make it easy for everyone else, for everyone else if H. is lazy.

It\'s outside the scope and intention of the game, IMO and let\'s have no more talk of it.