[1.0.2] TAC Atomic Clock v1.4.1 [24May]

TaranisElsu

Presenting Thunder Aerospace Corporation's AT-1100 Atomic Clock

The latest release is version 1.4.1 which works with KSP 1.0.2. Download below or read the release announcement.

Having problems with this mod (or any others)?

Read the [Official] How To Get Support. I cannot do much to help without log files.

Know what time it is on Kerbin and some distant planet called Earth. Time guaranteed to be accurate to the microsecond (warranty void if exposed to moderate G-forces or vibration).

Features

• Displays Universal Time - the time in Earth seconds since the game began.
  • Displays Earth Time - elapsed time in Earth years:months:days hours:minutes:seconds since the game began.
  • Displays Kerbin Time - elapsed time in Kerbin years:months:days hours:minutes:seconds since the game began.
  • Displays Kerbin Mission Time - mission elapsed time (MET) in Kerbin years:months:days hours:minutes:seconds.
  • Displays Real Time - current clock time from your computer.

Pictures

AtomicClock.png

Download

Available on Kerbal Space Program's Curse website. (Alternate download)

Source code available on GitHub.

Change log

Release v1.4.1

- Updated for KSP 1.0.2

- Updated MiniAVC to v1.0.3.0

- Updated to latest TacLib: sets the min/max KSP version, hoping that future KSP updates won't break too much.

Release v1.3.1

- Updated for KSP 0.25

- Reorganized the directory structure so that it is no longer placed in ThunderAerospace.

Warning: make sure that you completely uninstall any previous versions. I moved everything from KSP/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacAtomicClock to just KSP/GameData/TacAtomicClock

Release v1.3

- See the release announcement.

Release v1.2

- See the release announcement.

Release v1.0.2

- Some tweaks and changes to the windows, which are now resizable.

Release v1.0.1

- the previous upload was missing the Readme and License files. That is the only difference.

Release v1.0

- fully functional, and tested with 0.19.1

- includes a spiffy 3D model

License:

CC BY-NC-SA 3.0

Notice

This mod includes version checking using MiniAVC. If you opt-in, it will use the internet to check whether there is a new version available. Data is only read from the internet and no personal information is sent. For a more comprehensive version checking experience, please download the KSP-AVC Plugin.

Edited by TaranisElsu
Compatible with KSP 1.0.2!

The Kerbal Alarm Clock does not show Kerbin time nor the clock time off your computer. Besides, this predates many of the features in KAC, but the thread got lost somehow.

Kerbin time is the current time & date in Kerbin years, months, days, because the Kerbin calendar would not match our own.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an alternate setup I like to use. I assume that Kerbals would end up treating Mun as a week marker, given it's low orbital period. Longer lengths of partial-year time are based on Minmus. ('Munths' and 'Minmuths' to contrast the two?) I also like a more accurate and less drift-prone day ('Ked').

From the wiki:

Sidereal Year: 9 203 545 s (Since there appears to be no inclination for Kerbin, this will be the same as the tropical year, or 'Kyr')

Sidereal Day: 21 600.000 s

Kyr = 426.0900 Sidereal Days = 425.0900 Solar Days (Ked)

This gives us:

1 Ked = 21 650.813 s

1 Ked = 12 'Keh' [Hours Analogue]

1 Keh = 30 'Kem' [Minutes Analogue]

1 Kem = 30 'Kes' [second Analogue]

For months, I use Minmus, as I noted. (I also change the length to get a 'familiarish' number of months.)

1 Minmuth = 1 220 401 s / 2

1 Kyr = 15.08282 Minmuths

And

1 Minmuth = 28.18372 Ked

This seems a reasonable interpretation of how Kerbals would tell time: a downside is that there is a conversion factor between their seconds and ours.

Still, I prefer to think of things in terms of Kerbal Time, as then the time length on interplanetary missions looks much like our own.

--------

By the way, if this mod were to convert the time outputs to kerbal-centric units, I would find that absolutely awesome. But I'm no programmer so I don't even know if it's possible.

Tested and it still works with 0.21.1

I have an alternate setup I like to use. <snip>

This seems a reasonable interpretation of how Kerbals would tell time: a downside is that there is a conversion factor between their seconds and ours.

Still, I prefer to think of things in terms of Kerbal Time, as then the time length on interplanetary missions looks much like our own.

Thanks for sharing your numbers. I like your idea of using the Mun for the equivalent of a week, and Minmus for the month. I was considering using three or four munar cycles as a month, but your way might work out better.

I was looking for a more accurate number for the length of the Kerbin day. I did notice that it drifts over a long enough period. Thanks for that.

Also, I found this as a possible explanation for why we have 60 minutes per hour, and 60 seconds per minute: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexagesimal#Origin. So I was thinking: the Kerbals seem to have 4 fingers (3 + thumb), and 2 segments per finger, so their base number system might be 24 -- 6 segments on the 3 fingers * four fingers (including the thumb) on the other hand.

By the way, if this mod were to convert the time outputs to kerbal-centric units, I would find that absolutely awesome. But I'm no programmer so I don't even know if it's possible.

Do you mean change the Mission Elapsed Time (MET)? I do not think it is possible to change core displays, I can only add to them. I could add an option to show a Mission Elapsed Time in Kerbin Time units...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Since it leads to a common mistake when installing my mods, I would like to gather your opinions and see if there are strong feelings one way or the other. Please answer this quick straw poll:

In your opinion, should I group all of my mods under the ThunderAerospace directory or not?

http://strawpoll.me/2298616

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Changes

• Updated for KSP 0.25
  • Reorganized the directory structure so that it is no longer placed in ThunderAerospace.

Warning: make sure that you completely uninstall any previous versions. I moved everything from KSP/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacAtomicClock to just KSP/GameData/TacAtomicClock

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.