KSP at work

Ryn

What are these computers of which you speak...when I was at school we had 'Slide Rules' Try and play KSP on one of them bastards!!!'Computers' gemerally only in Universities and Military Installations (which I found out about when I joined the Navy in 1981) and where the size of refridgerators or small countries. My first PC was a VIC20 then C64 followed by a Amiga500. Now I would have loved to see KSP on a A500 or a Bunker Ramo 144 or PDP11/20!!! Ouch Im old!!! ??? ???

A couple of months ago, I got somewhat bored, so I began calculating the rough vectors of a probe arounnd a 2D planet. Made orbital corrections and stuff like that. I was offline and only had my phone and calculator with me. So yes, you can 'play games' with a slide ruler. It just won´t have a lot of colors.

Johon: When I first toyed around with Orbiter a few years ago, it was allready being used at schools as well. The big difference between KSP and Orbiter in that respect is probably in KSP you can easily stack boosters and bombs, erm, fueltanks on top of each other and see them fly and wiggle about. In Orbiter, the instruments and physics is very good, but making and stacking for yourself is a lot more hassle.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.