What is your greatest achievement?

dazhat

Landing on Eve for the first time. I was running out of fuel, and I was sure that I didn't have enough to do more than perform a fly-by. Having spent a few hours on the mission though, I decided to give it a shot. Lo and behold, I managed to perform an aerobrake maneuver and eventually land. I finished with about 13 units of fuel left, and needless to say, I was quite pleased with myself. :)

Landing on Eve for the first time. I was running out of fuel, and I was sure that I didn't have enough to do more than perform a fly-by. Having spent a few hours on the mission though, I decided to give it a shot. Lo and behold, I managed to perform an aerobrake maneuver and eventually land. I finished with about 13 units of fuel left, and needless to say, I was quite pleased with myself. :)

Eve has got to be the easiest planet to land on.

My greatest achievement is going to be getting back off Eve (hopefully). Otherwise it is landing on Laythe and returning to Kerbin.

I have visited all bodies except Kerbol and Jool. Not very surprisingly, Eve was clearly the most difficult in all ways. It took heaviest boosters, nearly 2000 tons, and the largest number of ground and LKO tests and the longest play time. And it took also two kerbal's lives. I made it once with version 18.2. I tried exactly same construction again with version 19 or 20 and send also a rover (with separate launch). Astronaut drove nearly 100 km to ocean shore and back without significant problems, but something has changed in aerodynamics or controls and that ship could not ascend. Steering system was just pod's reaction wheels and it was inefficient for 60 ton's ship. After many tries (with purely hand control, SAS and Mechjeb) I build a new rescue ship with one LV-T45. It succeeded and the brave astronaut survived back to Kerbin. I think that it is my toughest achievement in game. I used only Mechjeb and ISA Mapsat mods.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.