[Showcase] Replica Craft thread!

Here is my first Replica, the ISS Zvezda Module:

-epic snip-

PS :

Sorry for my english, I'm french ;)

So, a few things,

1.) That replica is actually really good! For a first, anyway...

See the first post in the thread if you want to see my first... it was pretty ugly...

And if it is truly a first, I would love to see more!

2.)There are a few cheeky tactics that you could use to put that command module into an adapter so that it looked more like the real thing.

3.)Don't apologize for your english, it was quite good! Better than quite a few english-speaking users of the internet...

All in all, nothing but compliments here! Also, noticed it was your first post anywhere here, so why don't you introduce yourself?

Pre-emptively, welcome to the forums! Happy browsing!

From my skunkworks, I roll out to you my newest black project. The versatile sr-72.

It is extremely maneuverable, has a low stall speed, has almost 3000 units of liquid fuel, can be drone operated, has light landing gear with a unique structural design, has low observability features integrated, can communicate over four channels, and is hypersonic capable. SSTO conversion can also occur on demand.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3brgapfuersm7hu/Sr-72%20Goldbird.craft

Aesthetic changes have occurred since these photos. All aspects are now improved, and it is much more sleeker for stealth along with capability for mid air re fueling.

Tanker prototype in progress.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

From my skunkworks, I roll out to you my newest black project. The versatile sr-72.

It is extremely maneuverable, has a low stall speed, has almost 3000 units of liquid fuel, can be drone operated, has light landing gear with a unique structural design, has low observability features integrated, can communicate over four channels, and is hypersonic capable. SSTO conversion can also occur on demand.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3brgapfuersm7hu/Sr-72%20Goldbird.craft

Aesthetic changes have occurred since these photos. All aspects are now improved, and it is much more sleeker for stealth along with capability for mid air re fueling.

Tanker prototype in progress.

http://imgur.com/a/wME9S

http://imgur.com/a/yASQV

Mid air refueling with that configuration looks really hard. I tried many times in the past...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/63762-Mid-Air-Refueling-Challange?highlight=refueling+challenge

E5ALW4n.png

Just keep trying for the mid air refuelling...

Perhaps I could institute a challenge for it? It is achieveable, but I wonder if someone could...

Alright, I don't think my computer could handle it, but I'm going to create a Stryker instead, so if anyone knows any good tank cannon mods...

Hello!

Registered just today and getting used to the show and tell of the KSP forums. (should've done it sooner:) it's great!)

Here are some of my replica projects that I skimmed from some screenshots that I had.

Sorry for the sequence being all mixed up and all.. I've never used a image posting site like Imgur before:confused:

Here are some jets

F-104 Starfighter, F-14(sorry I had to do that tower fly-by), Dassault Mirage, and a attempt at a F-16 which came out a little less sleek than I'd like(it easily outperforms most of my jets though! Just look at that mid air stall!:D)

An old F-35 design that got canceled due to budgetary concerns :P (this one was so secret it was exclusively done at night!)

and here is my rendition of a Space-Shuttle "shaped" SSTO launch system!

I did try do squeeze in as much of the real aspects of the Space Shuttle itself(angled OMS pods that both thrust through the center of mass independently, accurate rcs ports and such), but later on found a compromise so it would just 'look' like a shuttle.. Forgive me for the inaccuracies.

Still in development though!

This is the first version in testing, which I got a beautiful munar eclipse shot of while rendezvousing with a mini-mockup Blockade Runner (I do have a full scale ver. but this one is like diet coke for part count lag;.;)

a later, improved NERVA version of the craft. Useful for refueling xenon tanks of Keo-synchronous satellites.

I also had a vertically launched, booster & fuel tank version under development that did work somewhat with the same design, but it seemed that the kraken didn't like this idea and always ripped the wings off of my craft when orbiting over the launch site. (to this day I don't know why)

All questions and opinions are welcome!

Edited by Unknownman

Here's my CAC CA-15 "Kangaroo". Could still use some work though.

http://i.imgur.com/Xe0vw42.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jojKPic.jpg

And here's the real thing for comparison along with the Wiki link for reference.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/CA-15.jpg

that's really nice!

The name makes me laugh XD It's not a nice name if u're italian haha xd

Nice Eorin! But, there's one crucial point that I'm bothered about:

The Blackbird is the SR-71, not the YF-12, which, because I'm lazy and won't look, for all I know, isn't nicknamed.

Another way you can determine that the YF-12 is different from the blackbird is because the A-12 came between the two, and it was nicknamed Oxcart.

So, in summary, the SR-71 and YF-12 are completely different apart from their stats and looks (so basically not at all :)). Not to mention the fact the YF-12 (later A-12) was meant as an interceptor...

But, in a completely unrelated note, I am editing the first post to modernize: since quite a few of us are too lazy to look on individual threads (I can think of quite a few people, like me!), I am doing a double edit to the master post: changing font to Eurostile (that's the font this is in), and also putting a request for a link to a dropbox or spaceport or mediafire link to the craft file. Also, probably putting in a few more details for everything, and after that...

Who knows, maybe I'll finally get around to making that Stryker and making an M1 Abrams to go along with my HEMTT. Perhaps then I can finally live my dream of being able to safely drive a convoy of millitary trucks...

*sigh* But, alas, my procrastination will keep me from doing any of that, so, until I get therapy or something, have fun posting!

I think its appropriate to post this old heap o' junk xD

X-24 Lifting body 3

This is the oldest ship I've built in this post. It's not only ugly (with a capital "ug"), but it's hard to land as well. Luckily that's what its meant for :P! I designed this loosely on the real X-24 lifting body aircraft, bud it doesn't really give the real thing justice xD. This ship is sluggish, but isn't hard to fly. Have fun landing with this thing if you get it!

X-24 Lifting Body 3

Nice Eorin! But, there's one crucial point that I'm bothered about:

The Blackbird is the SR-71, not the YF-12, which, because I'm lazy and won't look, for all I know, isn't nicknamed.

Another way you can determine that the YF-12 is different from the blackbird is because the A-12 came between the two, and it was nicknamed Oxcart.

So, in summary, the SR-71 and YF-12 are completely different apart from their stats and looks (so basically not at all :)). Not to mention the fact the YF-12 (later A-12) was meant as an interceptor...

Sorry MR. Pseudonym, but you are totally wrong.

1) The sr-71 is called "blackbird" yes, but we can also call all the plane A-12, YF-12, D21/M21 and sr-71 the blackbird family, like you can see in this book 9781580071512.jpg

It's not wrong refer to the YF-12A as a blackbird. And so i will keep calling it blackbird

If you want there is a nice page to read that call blackbirds all the A-12 family. And searcing on the web you can find a lor of articles about the blackbirds family.

http://area51specialprojects.com/yf-12.html

2) You said the A-12 came between the two, but this isn't correct, in fact the A-12 is not the later version of YF-12 because the YF-12a was developed on the base of A-12 oxcart, like sr-71. and not the contrary, they are different planes! (i mean a 12 and yf 12).

The YF was more similar to A-12 but it has also a lot to share with his younger brother SR.

Another thing not correct is: Oxcart wasn't the nickname of the A-12, but it was the name code of the project! So the A-12 is still called Oxcart but also can be called blackbird

http://www.paperlessarchives.com/a12.html

Really sorry for my bad english i hope you understand XD

Sorry MR. Pseudonym, but you are totally wrong.

-bigsnip-

:blush:Well... um... you see... Crap, I'll say it.

You officially have me embarassed. I hate to admit defeat, especially in my own thread...

Well, even experienced users of anything can learn something, plus a serving in not being stupid.

So, I guess I'll have to take my grumbling somewhere else.

*Takes grumbling somewhere else*

Decided to try an Apollo-style landing with a Saturn V replica. The rocket and lander weren't terribly accurate (I just can't seem to do a two stage lander that looks good to me), but I like the think I got the CSM down pretty well.

13434086454_bca116ccd6_b.jpg

So many works of beauty here! I feel like I'm gonna have to step my game up:) Anyways here is my humble offering, please note that due to lack of time today I've not been able to tag each craft with its original inspiration. Feel free to take your guesses though, and when I return from my weekend out of town I'll let you know if you're right!

All craft were made with FAR, DR, pwings, IR, b9, stretchytanks, and probably several more I've forgotten. Each plane was also built with proper length, wingspan, and height as provided by measurements from known lengths of trussing. I made a skeletal frame for each craft with trusses that matched the data provided by Wikipedia and built the craft around the frames.

So many works of beauty here! I feel like I'm gonna have to step my game up:) Anyways here is my humble offering, please note that due to lack of time today I've not been able to tag each craft with its original inspiration. Feel free to take your guesses though, and when I return from my weekend out of town I'll let you know if you're right!

http://imgur.com/a/E8nvg

All craft were made with FAR, DR, pwings, IR, b9, stretchytanks, and probably several more I've forgotten. Each plane was also built with proper length, wingspan, and height as provided by measurements from known lengths of trussing. I made a skeletal frame for each craft with trusses that matched the data provided by Wikipedia and built the craft around the frames.

Wow, great planes. I especially love the more experimental ones, particularily the oblique wing design you have there.

I recognize almost all of them, but all very nice nonetheless.

http://imgur.com/a/E8nvg

BV 141 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blohm_%26_Voss_BV_141

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.