[Showcase] Replica Craft thread!

Here's my A-10, dosen't actually fly.

6FRtuoW.jpg

A working A-10, the laser is the "gatling gun"

4SAoVt4.jpg

Not really a replica, but it's based on a chinook.

NgTWKPL.jpg

My F-22 Raptor, oversized wings because I couldn't find ones that worked. It flys nice, but when rolling it yaws. Dosen't like to barrel roll because of this

85JNigO.jpg

I don't know if that counts as replica but have an unspecified steam locomotive:

r193SSS.png

As anything built on Kerbin, it's capable (assisted by a pinch of SRB) to reach stable orbit with a little fuel left for maneuvering. It's also extremely tricky to fly. You know, manually pump fuel about on ascend while keeping the nose pointing the right direction to balance several counteracting asymmetries kind of tricky...

The Pak-fa T-50A

It is extremely maneuverable, has a stall speed of well under 40m/s and can land on almost anything, even aircraft carriers and dirt runways with no markers placed. Have fun, and enjoy! :)

Download right here and enjoy: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjw61wxsa4l70yg/Pak-fa%20T-50A.craft

Slightly outdated picture Here:

phq6HXX.jpg

New Photos:

DEUaHVX.jpg

OFQY6bb.jpg

pnV6czK.jpg

Oc2t4u2.jpg

Are we allowed to add space stations as well? I'd like to add my Salyut 1 replica.

Absolutely!

The Pak-fa T-50A

It is extremely maneuverable, has a stall speed of well under 40m/s and can land on almost anything, even aircraft carriers and dirt runways with no markers placed. Have fun, and enjoy! :)

Cool! I love the PAK-FA, it looks like it's going to be quite a force.

Salyut 1 space station replica...used Editor extensions to do 1.5m section and has an additional self destruct feature!

screenshot274.jpg

screenshot301.jpg

screenshot329.jpg

It was a wonder that I was able to dock without the part clipping wrecking the entire station

Introducing, the new Pak-fa T-50N! This drastic improvement has several key upgrades including doubled fuel capacity, reinforced air frame, more maneuverability, and much more stability while it is flying, making it my first operational all stock naval aircraft, and it even includes 0.55 tons of dead weight rcs in the nose to be replaced with a payload of equivalent weight. Enjoy guys!

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlmx8jeon0swqli/Pak-fa%20T-50N.craft

G7q4VMX.jpg

rKrFU3I.jpg

Edited by andrew123

Nice! :) We should try to dogfight the two pak fa jets sometime. :)

Protoype download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlmx8jeon0swqli/Pak-fa%20T-50N.craft

Prototype R-77 in development:

Before deployment:

QVTXK3m.jpg

Solid Boost stage:

UsqbMZh.jpg

Sustainer stage:

hcjTfXw.jpg

Impact one With secondary nosecone heading towards the runway:

M4aeGVy.jpg

Edited by andrew123

I posted this a while ago now, but no-one gave a rats ass about it, so REPOST TIME!

Original post: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/44501-MiG-21-Recreation-Replica?p=569688&viewfull=1#post569688

Here it is below! I forgot to mention in the original, I was using FAR.

-----------------

An attempt at a MiG 21 recreation, that performs as close to as possible to the real Mikoyan and Gurevich model 21.

-------------------KB XF-21 ---------------- MiG-21

Length:------------15m approx---------------14.5m

Height:-------------5m approx-----------------4m

Wing span:---------7-8m approx--------------7.1m

Wing area:---------25m^2-------------------23m^2

Weight:------------8.53t---------------------8.82t

Thrust:------------38.8kN-------------------40.21kN

Thurst/Weight:-----0.45----------------------0.45

Service ceiling:----18,000m------------------17,500m

Max speed:--------700m/s-------------------680m/s

Rate of climb:------230m/s-------------------220m/s

Note: it uses an edited engine for most realistic power output, and the mods used are: Procedural wings mod, B9 Aerospace and Mechjeb for stats aquisition.

Please tell me what you think, and leave suggestions for improvements!

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by deskjetser

Well i got busy and made a couple more planes.

zmOx663.png?1

From left to right they are the A-7 corsair II, Heinkel HE-219, EADS Barracuda, Focke-Wulf 189, and finally the C-2A Greyhound. (some have rover wheels to manuver them into position)

I will post the downloads tomorrow.

Here´s a SAAB j35 Draken. Features include but are not limited to double-delta wing, a tail wheel to protect the aft fuselage, an infra-red sensor(radial engine) under the nose and a ladder that is gently removed by ground crew(a decoupler) prior to launch. Features not included include mach 2 performance. It turned out well balanced with no need for hiding extra wings and is pleasant in the air.

k5jV9Es.jpg?1

i6j0x8x.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.