[1.2] Procedural Fairings 3.20 (November 8)

e-dog

With certain parts, these attachment nodes just appear in the VAB in some random spot, not connected to anything. You can't connect anything to them, either.

I've seen these. I'm not sure I could pinpoint it to this mod, but I've seen them in every 24.2 install I have with PF (and about 10 other mods that go in every install.) They are single attachment node icons, the green spheres, that hang off to the sides of the VAB. They aren't connected to a part, don't appear with any particular part (that I can tell) so seemingly at random, you can't interact with them, and they appear to not cause any negative issues.

Also, I couldn't find anything about them in the output log...so they are, for all intents and purposes, 'ghost nodes'. Weird, but not harmful in my experience...I'll try to get a picture for you if you don't have one.

When you decrease the number of nodes, the extra nodes get chucked off far away. Maybe you're seeing them?

Yep, that's exactly what it is. I was just able to reproduce it using the thrust-plate from PF. Here's a pic to show it:

K9C4VJY.png?1

Sorry, couldn't figure out how to embed it properly under the image tag (25 years working with computers and I can't post a picture correctly..I'm ashamed of myself.) Anyway, the green node above and to the left of the pod is the culprit, caused by reducing nodes on the plate.

Edited by NWDogg

i have a problem the menu won't show up its a new install i reinstall it and updatded KSPAPIExtensions.dll from all the mods

a capple of post back i find a list of mods the one i use i update en reinstall to but still no luck

Anyone else have this problem?

Stack one "Interstage Fairing Adapter" on top of another and the top one becomes locked in place, unable to be moved? I'm asking before I start digging further. This caused "Rapid unplanned disassembly" on launch. Admittedly, I'm using IFA #1 to give me a node above a "Claw" (yes I tried removing the claw) so I can place another IFA upside down to form a Boost Protective Cover - but I tried all sorts of things and I've tracked it down to having the two IFAs on top of one another.

Even with something in between, like a Modular Girder Segment, the top one still freezes in place and is unmovable.

When using this with FAR + DR i sometimes find that elements such as the mj case, or some parts from roverdudes packs seem not to be properly shielded while behind the fairings (even get the shielded=false notice from DR). That could mean that sometimes such parts get destroyed. Is this solely a problem in my install?

Does this have 0.25 capability?
I don't know if it come from 0.25, but still since then I can't edit the fairing base size directly by right clicking it, the space where the scroller should be appear blank !

How about you chill out for 24 hours and let the devs compile stuff and work bugs out. Watch some

, or old star trek, or
. the awesome will flow as soon as it can.

How about you chill out for 24 hours and let the devs compile stuff and work bugs out. Watch some
, or old star trek, or

It's not polite to tell people what to do, miss. They may have a reason to ask. For example, I've planned to stream KSP today and I have to know if it is possible to switch to the new version.

I don't know if it come from 0.25, but still since then I can't edit the fairing base size directly by right clicking it, the space where the scroller should be appear blank !

IIRC that means that KSPAPIExtensions isn't working correctly. It may need updating for 0.25

It's not polite to tell people what to do, miss.
Didn't sound like a command to me. Having resisted the urge to bug modders all day, and run out of mods to check up on, I'm going to watch some ST:TOS :)

Damn fine suggestion IMHO.

While you wait for this to update, use the KW fairings instead. I think you might be able to just delete everything except the folder that the fairings are in. I don't know if the mod uses any folder trickery to reduce the filesize, so this may or may not be possible.

While you wait for this to update, use the KW fairings instead. I think you might be able to just delete everything except the folder that the fairings are in. I don't know if the mod uses any folder trickery to reduce the filesize, so this may or may not be possible.

I thought KW parts had a problem with 0.25? I've been using the fairings from AIES, the mod seems to be working well.

I thought KW parts had a problem with 0.25? I've been using the fairings from AIES, the mod seems to be working well.

They do. The engines at any rate, YMMV.

There's gonna be a fair few part mods un-fixing bugs that are now fixed in stock.

Chur for the word on AIES though, might be worth putting a word in on the official compat thread if you haven't already... help out the other impatient players an' all ;)

Edited by steve_v
Whiskey + spelling = fail.

, or old star trek, or

How about you stop adding your insight to every thread.

There are actually mods which are usable even if not recompiled, so no harm done in asking if someone knows whether it works or not.

It's not polite to tell people what to do, miss.

If you think so then you probably shouldn't, mister.

They may have a reason to ask. For example, I've planned to stream KSP today and I have to know if it is possible to switch to the new version.

Everyone has a reason to ask. For example, "I would really like to play with this today". Just as valid.

How about you stop adding your insight to every thread.

There are actually mods which are usable even if not recompiled, so no harm done in asking if someone knows whether it works or not.

And how about the horde adding "is it ready now?" to every thread stops doing that? Some of the mods are remarkably thick-skinned, but they shouldn't have to be, and in case being nice isn't good enough, you should at least care about not having them decide that farming spiders is more appealing than posting again.