[1.2] Procedural Fairings 3.20 (November 8)

e-dog

I'm not going to read through the whole thread, but I'm guessing from the overall tone here fairings don't work with .25?

Here only 1,25m-bases work, and the fairings themselves. Adjusting the bases to larger diameters is not possible for me (Linux, NEAR, Karbonite, Proc. Fairings).

I'm not going to read through the whole thread, but I'm guessing from the overall tone here fairings don't work with .25?

Sort of. Only issue I've seen is can't change size of fairing base, but can still change radius size and use fairings with the standard first base sizes

How about you stop adding your insight to every thread.

There are actually mods which are usable even if not recompiled, so no harm done in asking if someone knows whether it works or not.

yes, and if you are reporting mods that work, or bugs, or patches, then you are adding to the meta; you are signal. if you asking apropos of nothing and bringing nothing, then you are not adding to the meta; you are noise.

i am the squelch. i'm only useful if there is too much noise, and i mess up the flow in small ways to prevent greater damage. you'll note that i was quiet all night and over the morning, and this is the first post since yesterday, and since people are generally not asking "WHERE'S MY TOYS?!?!?!?! AREN'T YOU DONE YET?!?!?!?!", i'll probably go quiet for a while.

yes, and if you are reporting mods that work, or bugs, or patches, then you are adding to the meta; you are signal. if you asking apropos of nothing and bringing nothing, then you are not adding to the meta; you are noise.

i am the squelch. i'm only useful if there is too much noise, and i mess up the flow in small ways to prevent greater damage. you'll note that i was quiet all night and over the morning, and this is the first post since yesterday, and since people are generally not asking "WHERE'S MY TOYS?!?!?!?! AREN'T YOU DONE YET?!?!?!?!", i'll probably go quiet for a while.

You know, it's still not an excuse for being rude. And the way you "mess the flow" is not working quite as it seems to you. Rudeness provoke only more rudeness, as you can see.

@sidew

Thanks for help! You just saved the thread! :)

Amen to that. Updates seem to being out the worst in the community sometimes. I don't like it when we fight :(

agreed. I think these modder types and the community as a whole, rock 99% of the time. I just saved my game elsewhere and play 24.2 till everything gets it's zen moment on :-)

Procedural Fairings works also on 0.25 after updated the dll KSPAPIExtensions.dll downloaded from http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81496-0-25-KSPAPIExtensions-V1-7-1-Utilities-for-shared-mod-use

didja just paste it into the gamedata directory? Where'd you drop it?<---- Doh. Nm!

I figured it out :-) "inside of the proceduralfairings directory"

Edited by positivewun
figured it out

I figured it out :-) "inside of the proceduralfairings directory"

Yes, you must overwrite the exists dll inside the mod directory, in this case under /proceduralfairings

Have you noticed there are some texture issues with aerodinamic fairing parts?

In my case when I put the part on my rocket, the fairings appears without yellowsh textures but plain white. I didn't yet investigated, I 'll check when I come back from work.

No probs :) its all a-go at the moment. i guess it also hadnt been fully confirmed. things seem to be working fine for me with that setup though!

(Although i am hitting an interesting.... bug? i have a vessel thats got TWR of 1.5 that wont leave the ground! no clue whats causing it and with so many mods not just loaded but part of the craft it'll be a pain to troubleshoot :( )

How do you guys get Tweakscale to work (for the different fairing base sizes)? I`m already using the new KSPAPIExtensions but don`t have any tweakables on the fairing base.

when you're playing in career mode, you have to unlock different sizes in the tech tree. in sandbox you don't need to, tweakscale wouldn't be an improvement.

I`m testing this in sandbox of course ;)

As I understand it this mod uses tweakscale for the different fairing base sizes but tweakscale isn`t updated for 0.25 yet so I don`t know how to get it to work.

Yep, I had to update the KSPAPIEstensions.dll in the Tweakscale folder too. That wasn`t obvious from the last post and of course I also didn`t know that tweakscale actually uses the same dll.

Procedural Fairings works also on 0.25 after updated the dll KSPAPIExtensions.dll downloaded from http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81496-0-25-KSPAPIExtensions-V1-7-1-Utilities-for-shared-mod-use

Careful, just replacing a dll can (potentially) cause problems if the plugin isn't recompiled against the new version (of KSPAPIExtensions). If it works, great, but just a caution.

Have you noticed there are some texture issues with aerodinamic fairing parts?

In my case when I put the part on my rocket, the fairings appears without yellowsh textures but plain white. I didn't yet investigated, I 'll check when I come back from work.

This is just speculation as I don't have enough empirical evidence but there's a problem with tga textures and KSP 0.25. And it's not 100% sure to happen every time for the same tga texture. Porkjet's Habitat pack has the same problem but sometimes it's one of the inflatable habs and once it was the base mount / landing legs.

EDIT: I just realized I'm actually using .tga in one of my own parts packs extensively and I haven't seen it happen there once, so take the above with a grain of salt. It's just all I have to go on right now. (btw if you look at your output_log.txt or player.log you will see texture load errors for texture of the part that is all white)

No probs :) its all a-go at the moment. i guess it also hadnt been fully confirmed. things seem to be working fine for me with that setup though!

(Although i am hitting an interesting.... bug? i have a vessel thats got TWR of 1.5 that wont leave the ground! no clue whats causing it and with so many mods not just loaded but part of the craft it'll be a pain to troubleshoot :( )

Are your engine nozzles sticking into the ground? They will produce no thrust at all if that is the case. Raise the rocket off the ground with launch clamps or put decouplers on the bottom of each rocket. (or at least enough to raise it off the ground. Even a fraction of a meter is sufficient)

Edited by Starwaster

This is just speculation as I don't have enough empirical evidence but there's a problem with tga textures and KSP 0.25. And it's not 100% sure to happen every time for the same tga texture. Porkjet's Habitat pack has the same problem but sometimes it's one of the inflatable habs and once it was the base mount / landing legs.

EDIT: I just realized I'm actually using .tga in one of my own parts packs extensively and I haven't seen it happen there once, so take the above with a grain of salt. It's just all I have to go on right now. (btw if you look at your output_log.txt or player.log you will see texture load errors for texture of the part that is all white)

from my output_log I found these rows:

file line text
output_log.txt 1275 Texture load error in 'F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ProceduralFairings\fairing1.tga'
output_log.txt 4039 Texture 'ProceduralFairings/fairing1' not found!
output_log.txt 8177 PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture as cannot find texture 'fairing1' to replace
output_log.txt 8185 PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture as cannot find texture 'fairing1' to replace

from my output_log I found these rows:

file line text
output_log.txt 1275 Texture load error in 'F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ProceduralFairings\fairing1.tga'
output_log.txt 4039 Texture 'ProceduralFairings/fairing1' not found!
output_log.txt 8177 PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture as cannot find texture 'fairing1' to replace
output_log.txt 8185 PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture as cannot find texture 'fairing1' to replace

Ugh this is a little odd. That's not quite the same error I saw before. So I went and loaded the game, found a part that was all white and checked the log to see what its error was. I can't find that error now and the part is logged as having compiled properly and its texture loaded properly.

I did however find several of those errors for SDHI chutes. However, the log says earlier before the error that the texture loaded properly and the chute looks the way it should in the game.

(fyi they're png not tga so I'm no closer to confirming or discarding my tga theory)