[1.2] Procedural Fairings 3.20 (November 8)

e-dog

Um, after the update(s) i have installed this mod many times and yet still i have this bug that when i place any of the parts your mod provides they stay tranclusent and don't even occupy the node i placed them to nor can i attach anything to them. Tried removing other mods and downloading this mod from other sites and still doesn't work. This began with 1.0 and still is continues in 1.0.2. And yes i have the latest version...

Have you tried just this mod and stock install ?

Um, after the update(s) i have installed this mod many times and yet still i have this bug that when i place any of the parts your mod provides they stay tranclusent and don't even occupy the node i placed them to nor can i attach anything to them. Tried removing other mods and downloading this mod from other sites and still doesn't work. This began with 1.0 and still is continues in 1.0.2. And yes i have the latest version...

I'm using Procedural fairings (it is a must have!) and I'm not experiencing this issue. One of the biggest offenders at the moment is Procedural parts. It is being reworked, but I suggest you NOT use this mod (if you are) until after it is updated. beyond that, many of the parts mods are experiencing issues with attaching in the SPH and VAB. Be sure you are using mods have been updated to 1.0 or later.

Finally, MeCrpp's advice is correct. To eliminate any other mod as the issue, run just Procedural fairings and a stock game as a proper test

Edited by Papa_Joe

Any plans to reuse/reassign the 1.0 stock base parts (and remove the procfairing bases) to alleviate part clutter? I'm not a developer, but from what I understand about the API this should be possible.

Since the proc fairing bases are essentially the same part as the stock 1.0 ones now, there doesn't seem to be much point in having them. Part clutter is a problem that many addons take too little care with.

Please Procedural Fairings, become the best you can be!

Any plans to reuse/reassign the 1.0 stock base parts (and remove the procfairing bases) to alleviate part clutter? I'm not a developer, but from what I understand about the API this should be possible.

Since the proc fairing bases are essentially the same part as the stock 1.0 ones now, there doesn't seem to be much point in having them. Part clutter is a problem that many addons take too little care with.

Please Procedural Fairings, become the best you can be!

You could simply delete the stock ones. Compared to the procedural bases the stock bases look very cheap. But just my oppinion :)

I'm having the same issue with the Interstage Fairing Adapter. Cannot get objects to properly attach to the node directly above (had no problem in 0.90). In the screenshot, you can see the probe core I'm trying to attach is red and translucent: screenshot

I'll try an install later with only Procedural Fairings to see if it does the same. Just wanted to point out that I'm having issues too.

- - - Updated - - -

I can verify the same issues with a clean install using only Procedural Fairings. I can attach to fairing bases no problem, but the interstage fairing adapter I cannot attach anything above it directly to it. Possibly related to the 1.0 fix for node attach settings in the part cfg?

Edited by stevehead

I have a suggestion. I love this modification, it is beautiful and similar to real life. Is there any way to add the same smoke effects that exist in AIES mod? http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/35383-0-23-AIES-Aerospace-v1-5-1

http://sim1.subirimagenes.net/img/2013/06/20//13062003335130805.jpg

That's fairly simple to do, and you can make yourself one.

You need to have ModuleManager for this. Just put the code below in a new .cfg file anywhere in your GameData folder:

@PART
[*]:HAS[#name[KzProcFairingSide?]]:Final
{
fx_gasBurst_white = 0, 0.5, 0, 0, -1, 0, activate
}

Note that, due the way how the Fairings Decouple Module is, the smokes will only show up if you stage (spacebar) the fairings. They won't work in case you manually jettison them through the right click menu, nor if you use action groups, instead.

You're welcome.

Unfortunately, putting it on top isn't so simple when you don't have a node there.

Because Procedural Fairings is... Procedural, it doesn't have a fixed radius, nor height values. The MM config above works with fixed values, using the node position as reference.

TL,DR: Your fairings vary on shape and size. The position of the smoke burst doesn't.

You're welcome.

Unfortunately, putting it on top isn't so simple when you don't have a node there.

Because Procedural Fairings is... Procedural, it doesn't have a fixed radius, nor height values. The MM config above works with fixed values, using the node position as reference.

TL,DR: Your fairings vary on shape and size. The position of the smoke burst doesn't.

Mmmm.

OK

Thanks for the help.

I'm having the same issue with the Interstage Fairing Adapter. Cannot get objects to properly attach to the node directly above (had no problem in 0.90). In the screenshot, you can see the probe core I'm trying to attach is red and translucent: screenshot

I'll try an install later with only Procedural Fairings to see if it does the same. Just wanted to point out that I'm having issues too.

- - - Updated - - -

I can verify the same issues with a clean install using only Procedural Fairings. I can attach to fairing bases no problem, but the interstage fairing adapter I cannot attach anything above it directly to it. Possibly related to the 1.0 fix for node attach settings in the part cfg?

I managed to get the probe core to attach in my example screenshot. I had to be facing the side of the rocket (not looking down), and had to position my mouse as far away from the object as possible without pulling it off the node. Noticed the same issue trying to get the thrust plate multi-adaptor to attach itself to nodes.

I managed to get the probe core to attach in my example screenshot. I had to be facing the side of the rocket (not looking down), and had to position my mouse as far away from the object as possible without pulling it off the node. Noticed the same issue trying to get the thrust plate multi-adaptor to attach itself to nodes.

That's weird, I can't replicate your issue.

Uh...

I don't know, I'm out of ideas.

Can you open the adapter2.cfg and confirm you have the same values on the node definitions as the following?

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.2, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_top1 = 0.0, 2.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_connect01 = -0.5, 0.1, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
node_stack_connect02 = 0.0, 0.1, 0.5, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
node_stack_connect03 = 0.5, 0.1, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
node_stack_connect04 = 0.0, 0.1, -0.5, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
node_stack_connect05 = -0.5, 0.1, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
node_stack_connect06 = 0.0, 0.1, 0.5, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
node_stack_connect07 = 0.5, 0.1, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
node_stack_connect08 = 0.0, 0.1, -0.5, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

I had a game crash today. I am not sure that is your problem (I also use dev build of MechJeb), but stack traces mention Keramzit classes, so I thought it might be of some use for you.

The crash happened just after I landed the module on the Mun using MechJeb, when I went to EVA and tried to release the ladder. Only your component on the ship at the moment of the crash was a thrust plate with two engines.

Here are log file and ship file: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-UxM-nxF8oEfmdQb29mTm9mVmdOSVlmYktvVWtwMVlHSjJocUx1c00zbGFTWW1mQi1yQ2M&usp=sharing

Hello e-dog. Love pFairings but I ran into a bit of a snag with the interstage fairings and 1.0.x

5WNMPWu.png

As you can see in the screenshot, the RCS engines don't stage while inside the lip of the fairings. I don't suppose there's a fix for this, eh? :(

No, that's a stock 'feature' - the fix has to come from Squad.

That's what I was afraid of, if it's the same module (which it more than likely is) then there's nothing to be done. Completely unintuitive (Though not really the mod's fault) and backwards. Can't even try to make a Dragon lookalike with procedural parts if this is how it is :|

It's stock issue in 1.0.x with thin parts, like small decouplers and probe cores. I can't do much about it.

I mean, you can get the same issues trying to attach that probe core on the top of the stock decoupler, for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello e-dog. Love pFairings but I ran into a bit of a snag with the interstage fairings and 1.0.x

http://imgur.com/5WNMPWu.png

As you can see in the screenshot, the RCS engines don't stage while inside the lip of the fairings. I don't suppose there's a fix for this, eh? :(

They don't stage while shielded, it's a stock feature.

Inline procedural fairings (that is, without the nose cone) check if the top lip is blocked by a big part, if it's not, they consider all parts unshielded (the base is always considered solid, despite how they look). It's not clear from your screenshot, but you might be able to redesign your ship with that in mind to make the engines work.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a suggestion. I love this modification, it is beautiful and similar to real life. Is there any way to add the same smoke effects that exist in AIES mod? http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/35383-0-23-AIES-Aerospace-v1-5-1

http://sim1.subirimagenes.net/img/2013/06/20//13062003335130805.jpg

That's planned, but is low priority.

It looks like a stock node attachment bug with thin parts. I got the same effects with the stock 1.25m decoupler. If you move the mouse up a bit, it turns green and attaches fine, if you move the mouse down a bit, it turns red and won't attach.

A workaround is to increase the adapter or ring base size before attaching it.

Thanks for that.

What about the second problem:

I have another problem: Interstage is not shielding parts in side.

"part shielded: 0"

http://s30.postimg.org/n91t8r2zh/scr_1.jpg

If I increase "extra hight" for 0.5m, then it is OK (but this look silly)

"part shielded: 3"

http://s30.postimg.org/epifazun1/scr_2.jpg

It is the same in editor or in flight

http://s9.postimg.org/ncd9ca8wr/both.jpg

It's stock issue in 1.0.x with thin parts, like small decouplers and probe cores. I can't do much about it.

No problem. I had realized late last night that I was having similar issues with stock parts. The problem is just more noticeable when trying to attach to the nodes on procedural fairings parts.

Thanks for that.

What about the second problem:

I guess you can just increase the extra height slightly, there's a slider for that. It just needs a big part at the top lip of the fairing to close it.

I'm still getting the slowdown. I'm also using tweakable everything, so maybe that?

Same exact thing here. It may be tweakable everything freaking out over the proc fairing's part modules or GUI for some reason? My initial guess.

It's a stock bug caused by the tweakables system spamming events on float tweakables. This gets exposed by mods that use float tweakables and exacerbated by mods that listen for that event.