[1.2] Procedural Fairings 3.20 (November 8)

e-dog

On 30/03/2016 at 4:23 AM, lagcity613 said:

Agh, the 1.1 prerelease made me realize how ugly the stock fairings are, they clash so horribly with other parts... Good luck on updating!

Yeah, fugly. unwieldy and in any way horribly to use.

I very second an update of this .... I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY PROCEDURAL FAIRING FIX <-- in case someone doesn't get it it is meant funny comment / as a joke.

(and don't forget the 64bit version of your mod)

I just don't understand the hate for the stock fairings.  Yes, I like Procedural Fairings.  But, you can see a lot of work went into the stock version.  Personally, I like those fairings.  Easy to use.  Effective.  My only wish is that they had an egg-shaped fairing.  Otherwise, I'm totally content.

7 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

I just don't understand the hate for the stock fairings.  Yes, I like Procedural Fairings.  But, you can see a lot of work went into the stock version.  Personally, I like those fairings.  Easy to use.  Effective.  My only wish is that they had an egg-shaped fairing.  Otherwise, I'm totally content.

I'm mostly ok with them but there are some things that I'm used to doing with e-dog's fairings that I can't do with stock, like attach things to the fairing sides. That kills some of my favorite designs.

On 4/8/2016 at 11:13 PM, davidy12 said:

@e-dog: big bug with fairings can't adjust them like tweak scale.

On 3/30/2016 at 0:39 AM, davidy12 said:

It's broken with 1.1. Broken. 

And you can wait. Wait.

Most mods that have wheels or plugins that interact with the GUI need to be updated for 1.1 because of the switch to Unity 5. Part mods will likely work, but not always. Also, some plugin authors bought KSP through the KSP store, and thus can't update their plugins until 1.1 is released

Edited by FireFaced

There's a test build for 1.1 in git, but no (pre-)release zip yet. You can just get an updated DLL and remove KSPAPIExtensions I guess, if you want to try it out.

The size sliders are still broken though, and I didn't figure out how to fix them yet.

On 4/16/2016 at 10:42 AM, e-dog said:

There's a test build for 1.1 in git, but no (pre-)release zip yet. You can just get an updated DLL and remove KSPAPIExtensions I guess, if you want to try it out.

The size sliders are still broken though, and I didn't figure out how to fix them yet.

You, sir, are the photo-73796.png 

Little chinglish joke for you... by way of thanks for still working on the fairings.

Thank you for working on this!  

I noticed that Steam has a pre-release branch (build 1228) as well as the regular branch being 1.1 with build 1230.  I've got the latest PF release on build 1230.  I can't resize the base or attach fairing walls.  Figured you already know this, but just in case not.

Edited by gnivler

@edog300 I'm not sure if you want issues reported (at all, or here).  It appears that in some cases, the fairings will reset to the first stage if you click Reset in VAB.  Minor issue obviously (if it's not just me).

I love this mod, thank you.

Edited by gnivler

13 hours ago, e-dog said:

Rebuilt for KSP 1.1 (build 1230). Works for me in both 32 and 64 bit.

Although I haven't built rockets for a very long time, I've always loved the flexibility of your system for creating other stuff. Thank you for updating your marvelous mod ... in my opinion way superiour over Squads structure.

Minor problem with this mod. It is not playing well with KER in the same way that the heatshields were initially in 1.1. It doesn't seem to recognize any decouplers above the fairing base. Going to xpost this to the KER thread too.

22 hours ago, Razorfang said:

Minor problem with this mod. It is not playing well with KER in the same way that the heatshields were initially in 1.1. It doesn't seem to recognize any decouplers above the fairing base. Going to xpost this to the KER thread too.

im not having trouble with decouplers above myself, but i AM having trouble getting the actual fairings to recognize that its a decoupler ~ cant eject the shells, no staging enabled and cannot right-click in flight :(

Edited by TK421d

28 minutes ago, TK421d said:

im not having trouble with decouplers above myself, but i AM having trouble getting the actual fairings to recognize that its a decoupler ~ cant eject the shells, no staging enabled and cannot right-click in flight :(

@TK421d  maybe you're using the structural fuselage parts instead of the aerodynamic fairing parts?  The prior don't decouple by design.

1 hour ago, TK421d said:

no, i mean the procedural fairings themselves.

The Procedural Fairings mod has two sets of fairings:  the first set is in the Structural tab and is used between parts; the second set, in the Aerodynamics tab, is used at the top of the rocket.  The Structural fairings do not eject; on the Aerodynamics set do.