[1.2] Procedural Fairings 3.20 (November 8)

e-dog

Hey can we get stretchy fairing bases that are hollow? just a ring so we can make proper interstage skirts. Also could we get options for the number of fairing petals so i could choose to use 2 fairing halves or 1 fairing ring.

It is kJR I think. KJR kills extra joints on decouple.

A quick test shows you're right.

I can't add an exemption to KJR on my end though because the interstage's dummy decoupler is the stock decoupler module, just with a strength of zero. I'll go holler at ferram then.

Was it the realism overhaul version of PF that made them only have 2 attachment nodes? Is that change just a .cfg change or is it deeper than that? It was very useful especially for using structural fuselages in the SPH which only allows 2-way symmetry.

Yes, and yes.

I stared at them side by side and I can't really find the change that does this, it doesn't seem to be this:

@PART[KzProcFairingBase5]

{

@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 5

@node_stack_top = 0.0, 2.4, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 5

}

As this looks like a fix for the 5m base not all of them. Could you tell me what I need to change more specifically to make them 2 nodes only?

I stared at them side by side and I can't really find the change that does this, it doesn't seem to be this:

As this looks like a fix for the 5m base not all of them. Could you tell me what I need to change more specifically to make them 2 nodes only?

1. Comment out the extra stack nodes: you want to have only two node_stack_connect nodes, with the X value flipped (i.e. one is -.625, .1, 0 and the other is .625, .1, 0), and name then node_stack_connect01 and 02

2. set stackSymmetry to 1 (i.e. num_connections - 1)

I'm having trouble getting this addon to work for me. I place the GameData file from the addon into the KSP Gamedata file but still the fairings won't show up in the Aero tab. The only other addon I'm working with right now is FAR.

Could I make a request? I am making this request as often as possible to as many mod makers as possible. The request being to simplify the naming inside gamedata.

Could you name the folder that goes into Gamedata as `Procedural Fairings` instead of `Keramzit` please? It would make things a lot easier when dealing with many mods.

Could I make a request? I am making this request as often as possible to as many mod makers as possible. The request being to simplify the naming inside gamedata.

Could you name the folder that goes into Gamedata as `Procedural Fairings` instead of `Keramzit` please? It would make things a lot easier when dealing with many mods.

Just rename the folder when you download it :P

Thank you so much! This mod makes building satellites and rovers a real joy, because without these fairings, real satellites and other vehicles would get torn apart due to terrible aerodynamics and airflow.

(I'm also using FAR mod, and this mod works great with it)

One issue though: my KSP rocket launches load slowly when I include fairings, but loads normally without them. Any idea why?

One issue though: my KSP rocket launches load slowly when I include fairings, but loads normally without them. Any idea why?

It might be because fairing meshes are optimized when loaded in flight. That's done to improve frame rate (at least, in theory).

How much slower is it? And how many side fairings are there?

Also note, that it's done for all fairing side parts, including debris that might be lying around KSC.