[1.2] Procedural Fairings 3.20 (November 8)

e-dog

21 hours ago, KortexM said:

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Honestly, having PF run for 1.2 was really no big deal. Anyway, credits should still go to @e-dog for this great mod!

Now.. how about some interstage nodes?

Yeah, I have this question too...Will the 1.2 version have interstage nodes like stock ones? :) I hope so... Because this mod is essential for me :D

6 hours ago, Toonu said:

Yeah, I have this question too...Will the 1.2 version have interstage nodes like stock ones? :) I hope so... Because this mod is essential for me :D

I got interstage nodes working now, took a little longer than i had planned to invest.
I hope i didn't break anything crucial (if you see ghost nodes to the (left?) side or weird behaviour when placing multiple fairings - these are old bugs).

Consider it no official update/release though - i just changed/added the things that i think would be useful :)
Me hopes that @e-dog takes back control.

Changelog:
**3.17a**
[KortexM]
- Added Interstage Nodes (no trusses) to Fairings and Interstage Fairing, two connections possible on each node (up & down), nodes can be hidden
- A few code cleanups (foreach mostly) 
- All other bugs/features untouched (hopefully..)

Download Procedural Fairings 3.17a from Dropbox here (All Sources included) and test carefully.

14 hours ago, KortexM said:

I got interstage nodes working now, took a little longer than i had planned to invest.
I hope i didn't break anything crucial (if you see ghost nodes to the (left?) side or weird behaviour when placing multiple fairings - these are old bugs).

Consider it no official update/release though - i just changed/added the things that i think would be useful :)

Changelog:
**3.17a**
[KortexM]
- Added Interstage Nodes (no trusses) to Fairings and Interstage Fairing, two connections possible on each node (up & down), nodes can be hidden

Download Procedural Fairings 3.17a from Dropbox here (All Sources included) and test carefully.

I know that the original part are an @e-dog job, but for sake of semplicity and to show it already update to KSP 1.2 (maybe up to know e-dog wishes, if he return modding) is it possible to start eventually a new thread as "Procedural Fairing continued" with the 1.2 label?

16 hours ago, KortexM said:

Changelog:
**3.17a**
[KortexM]

Thanks !

Has anybody else noticed a big performance drop of procedural fairings? It used to be the case as I remember it, that PF fairings were better performance wise (well, in other aspects as well :P) than stock, now I made some tests and the same rocket that (going straight up) gets me to 121 Km with PF, will get my Ap at Dres orbit with stock fairings. :o      

EDIT: Well, I'm an idiot. The test wight I was using happened to be a fuel tank. Crossfeed works in stock fairings but not in PF so my rocket was getting half the juice.

Edited by Rosco P. Coltrane

13 hours ago, Rosco P. Coltrane said:

The test wight I was using happened to be a fuel tank.

If you're still using 1.1.2, I might suggest Kerbal NRAP - adjustable testing weights. Comes in handy every now and again. I don't know if it's working in 1.2 yet or not; Stupid_Chris has had a tendency in the past not to update the version numbers.

On 20.10.2016 at 1:12 PM, Araym said:

I know that the original part are an @e-dog job, but for sake of semplicity and to show it already update to KSP 1.2 (maybe up to know e-dog wishes, if he return modding) is it possible to start eventually a new thread as "Procedural Fairing continued" with the 1.2 label?

Good idea, i might doing that, yes. 

13 hours ago, Rosco P. Coltrane said:

EDIT: Well, I'm an idiot. The test wight I was using happened to be a fuel tank. Crossfeed works in stock fairings but not in PF so my rocket was getting half the juice.

Fixed. Crossfeed is now working correctly.

Changelog:
**3.17b**
[KortexM]
- Fixed Fuel Crossfeed (be aware that flow to/from interstage nodes is affected too!)

Dropbox Downloads: Procedural Fairings 3.17b .  And here are the full Sources.

Edited by KortexM

On 10/20/2016 at 4:12 AM, Araym said:

e-dog did log in a week ago, so its possible he'll be back when real life allows.

what might be more useful would be a "proc fairings redux/continued/community/kortexm" ckan config uploaded to ckan in the interim, rather than splitting the forum thread.

3 hours ago, Jim DiGriz said:

e-dog did log in a week ago, so its possible he'll be back when real life allows.

what might be more useful would be a "proc fairings redux/continued/community/kortexm" ckan config uploaded to ckan in the interim, rather than splitting the forum thread.

... "for sake of simplicity", CKAN's anything could be usegul for CKAN users...
... but a Thread IS useful for anyone...

@KortexM: Any will be fine, in the end. You, sir, are awesome even only by posting here :-D

1 minute ago, Phineas Freak said:

@oversoul you are using the structural fairings (grey) and not the normal ones (yellow). These are not meant to be decoupled.

Yup, that got it. Thanks for answering my bone-headed post! haha

I even looked at those things earlier and thought to myself, "I better remember to not use those." WAUGH

Some more fixes!
I did also a quick successful test with @Felgers extension Procedural Fairings for Everything, which gives more fairing shapes and textures. 

Changelog:

**3.17c**
[KortexM]
- Fixed ghost nodes appearing when adding a new fairing base in the VAB/SPH
- Fixed blue ghost lines (invalid fairing outline) when having multiple fairing bases in VAB/SPH
- Fixed interstage nodes positions for Interstage Adapter when resized
- Some UI fixes
- Code cleanups (de-Linqed etc.)

Dropbox Downloads: Procedural Fairings 3.17c for KSP 1.2, And here are the full Sources

Updated to 3.20.

Added the following changes by KortexM:

• - Ready for KSP 1.2 (recompiled, small changes to configs)
  • - Added Interstage Nodes (no trusses) to Fairings and Interstage Fairing, two connections possible on each node (up & down)
  • - A few code cleanups (foreach mostly)
  • - Fixed Fuel Crossfeed (be aware that flow to/from interstage nodes is affected too!)
  • - Fixed ghost nodes appearing when adding a new fairing base in the VAB/SPH
  • - Fixed blue ghost lines (invalid fairing outline) when having multiple fairing bases in VAB/SPH
  • - Fixed interstage nodes positions for Interstage Adapter when resized
  • - Some UI fixes
  • - Code cleanups (de-Linqed etc.)
  • - All other bugs/features untouched (hopefully..)

Update doesn't seem to work for me how it should be. While loading the game, it gets stuck at one of the procedural fairing parts. I'm currently in KSP 1.1.3 with a lot of mods, so it's probably my install. I've fixed it by manually downloading an older version of pf. You don't have to fix this, I also don't have a log for you. But I just wanted to report it, in case more people are having the same problem. I will problably change to 1.2.x in a month, depends when RSS/RO are updated. 

Keep up the good work! :) 

@Phineas Freak, yep it's normal that it shouldn't work, I agree, but the way it doesn't work, looks a bit odd for me. Most of the time a mod when a mod isn't compatible with the current version, the game just loads, only the mod doesn't work. And I'm mod a plugin writer myself, so I don't know that much about these kind of mods, but I can imagen some mods can work with both versions. But again, I'm not asking for a fix or something like that. :)