[1.2] Procedural Fairings 3.20 (November 8)

e-dog

I'm not sure if anybody read my post, but I'd like some images explaining how to install this.

This is how your KSP folder looks like:

0kAerUy.png

Put the Keramzit folder in GameData like this, note folder structure.

eQr8pZV.png

Oh boy

screenshot243.png

If you put two fairing bases, one upside down on top of something and another one the right way up underneath something, when you put the fairing sides on both of them the fairings grow rapidly until the game crashes. If you hit launch before it crashes then you can get some massive fairings

This is truly excellent, made me laugh for ages! :cool:

Oh boy

If you put two fairing bases, one upside down on top of something and another one the right way up underneath something, when you put the fairing sides on both of them the fairings grow rapidly until the game crashes. If you hit launch before it crashes then you can get some massive fairings

I think you have just invented a practical method for Kerbal Space Program's first Dyson sphere! Or uh, Dyson egg...

imo when they separate should go more staight outward than spinning. problem with way it is now if u dont eject them when u first get to orbit alt u run the risk of when u seprate them they will fly forward hitting your payload.

In the part config, there's a line that sets "ejectionNoseDv". Set the value to "0.1" or smaller ("0" stops rotation entirely, "0.1" seems about right for me, anything more is bloody dangerous. Alas, the defaults are bloody dangerous...)

i really dont know which parts in the file go where could you back me up with it

Look a few posts up, someone posted screenshots of exactly how to install it. You just need to copy the entire folder in the zip into the Gamedata folder, that's it.

This is such a great mod. I agree with some. The separation needs a small adjustment. When launching telescopes or satellites, the top of the fairing fold inward upon separation and knock off panels. i had to use (i forgot the name of the small separator rockets) at the top to force the fairing away.

This as absolutely fantastic! Thanks for the great mod!

Some possible improvements you may wish to consider:

1. On very "VERY" large fairings, reinforcements are needed to keep them in place. Attaching struts to the current fairings is difficult.
  2. Add an a 4 part fairing set as well! This would be a nice addition for those of us who like a 2 or 4x symmetry vs 3.

Oh jesus, i don't realize we can play huge balloon here :P:p:p

Oh boy

screenshot243.png

This as absolutely fantastic! Thanks for the great mod!

Some possible improvements you may wish to consider:

1. On very "VERY" large fairings, reinforcements are needed to keep them in place. Attaching struts to the current fairings is difficult.
  2. Add an a 4 part fairing set as well! This would be a nice addition for those of us who like a 2 or 4x symmetry vs 3.

Even the small ones don't stay together at the top. This causes the aerodynamics to lessen and ultimately cause the fairings to cave in on the payload.

Just another think to think about is decrease the separation power. Its separates at an alarming speed that is kinda unrealistic and scary

I don't even know what I am doing wrong. I go to put the fairings base on but no blue lines appear, the fairings themselves don't even take shape, does this work on version 0.20.2? Or is it just how I have it set up?

KSP folder:

1hQOhx0.png

Proced Fairings folder:

OJvwnAh.png

You should move the Squad folder out of Program Files x86 and put it in C:\ instead

A few mods don't play nicely with windows permission handling inside the program files directories, tho I'm not positive this will fix your problem (it won't make it worse at least)

I don't even know what I am doing wrong. I go to put the fairings base on but no blue lines appear, the fairings themselves don't even take shape, does this work on version 0.20.2? Or is it just how I have it set up?

If you have Procedural Fairings parts in the game (Aero tab), you have installed it correctly.

Blue lines don't show when you have no payload - no parts attached above the fairing base. The sides won't reshape as well if you have no payload. Just attach something above the base part.

I tried to install the mod but the parts didn't show up in the VAB. Does anyone know how to solve this?

There are some instructions in this thread, and I've updated installation instructions on the SpacePort, check them out.