[1.2] Procedural Fairings 3.20 (November 8)

e-dog

Oh is that how it works? That's pretty cool.

Could you post that info in the first post?

Yeah, I need to make a wiki on GitHub, I guess. I'll add that to the first post with the next update.

How easy/hard would it be to make a KW version of this? (i.e fairing bases that look like the KW ones) Is it just a matter of copying over the model and texture, or is it a bit more involved?

Check this out! :)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68892-0-23-Procedural-Parts-Texture-Pack-KW-Procedural-Fairings-April-26-ATM-Config

Craft file please. Preferably minimal (stock+PF).

Also, if you're using Procedural Parts, you can try looking for KSPAPIExtensions.dll in GameData and deleting extra ones to keep the newest one only. Swamp-Ig said it should detect and use the latest version automatically, but I think there might be issues with that.

I found two KSPAPIExtensions.dll files and deleted the oldest, this was your included DLL. The result was KSP load crash.

kxVyKyl.jpg

I am using the newest proceduralparts mod. I tested deleting the other KSPAPIExtensions.dll but that broke proceduralparts.... Either/Or is an unacceptable compromise. For the time being I am rolling back to the old version that played well with others. I do hope this can get resolved. Please let me know how I can assist.

regards,

Edited by Prowler_x1

Small request: I use 12 sides for some of my designs and I want to make them available for download (it's an executive jet with chairs). Also the reason I want to make a transparent element. Would you like to include a change in the config files for 12 sides? I want to practice and create the transparent element myself but when it's ready, would you be interested to include that in the package?

http://i.imgur.com/agsZZky.png

Is that the new virgin galactic "Party Bus to Space" craft?

Edited by Prowler_x1

Found a minor bug/annoyance.

When you increase the size of the fairing and then add additional nodes, the newly generated nodes are minimum size while the ones that where there are the correct size.. Workaround though is to just pull the fairing base away from the rocket and re-attach seems to correct it.

I found two KSPAPIExtensions.dll files and deleted the oldest, this was your included DLL. The result was KSP load crash.

Ok as of the 3.01 release of proc farings, each mod has its own version of KSPAPIExtensions. Leave them all as they are, no need for deleting anything.

Love the new thrust plate! My test turned into a quad of Gryphon XX's (15.6 kN)...

The work done on the aero-shroud departures is a nice touch. They tumble away just right at separation.

I really like the new bases, too. Better control of the diameters...

Thanks e-dog!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but version 3.01 still appears to be incompatible with Procedural Parts 0.9.8.

Please tell Swamp-Ig, I only use their DLL, I don't even compile it.

Updated to 3.01:

• Added size step parameters for RSS.

Sorry, but how do I "activate" RSS step parameters? I deleted Keramzit folder, unpacked new ProceduralFairings, and when I add a fairing base, for example, large/small arrows still give 1.25/0.125 increments in diameter. Do I have to edit cfg's? Can't find anything related there.

Oh, and since fairing bases don't have decouplers anymore, is the difference between fairing bases and fairing base rings purely cosmetical now, except their different weight?

Sorry, but how do I "activate" RSS step parameters? I deleted Keramzit folder, unpacked new ProceduralFairings, and when I add a fairing base, for example, large/small arrows still give 1.25/0.125 increments in diameter. Do I have to edit cfg's? Can't find anything related there.

RSS needs to patch PF part configs via Module Manager, just like it does for Procedural Parts. I'm not maintaining RSS, I just made it possible to change steps for them.

Oh, and since fairing bases don't have decouplers anymore, is the difference between fairing bases and fairing base rings purely cosmetical now, except their different weight?

They never had decouplers before, and the difference was always cosmetic/weight.

RSS needs to patch PF part configs via Module Manager, just like it does for Procedural Parts. I'm not maintaining RSS, I just made it possible to change steps for them.

They never had decouplers before, and the difference was always cosmetic/weight.

Actually, the difference used to be cosmetic, weight, and number of attach nodes. The raised platform on the bases is actually useful sometimes though - saves having to attach a strut to raise a wide payload, so it's not entirely cosmetic either.

Thanks, got it.

diameterStepLarge = 1.0

That was not obvious at all to figure out, but it works.

I noticed it says that some craft may break in the VAB/SPH for career mode due to the tech size limit, but would it have any affect on saved craft sandbox? You say the old parts are now deprecated so just wondering if it's safe to do a full delete & reinstall of PF to upgrade from 2.4.4.

I noticed it says that some craft may break in the VAB/SPH for career mode due to the tech size limit, but would it have any affect on saved craft sandbox? You say the old parts are now deprecated so just wondering if it's safe to do a full delete & reinstall of PF to upgrade from 2.4.4.

Old vessels in flight and in sandbox should be fine, career just don't allow you to load designs with parts not unlocked in tech tree. You can however copy them to sandbox, replace fairing bases/adapter and copy them back to fix it.

Can I just add heatshield the property/MODULE to the fairings part.cfg - do fairings burn up first or are they not shielding the payload against heat at all?

If you're talking about Deadly Reentry, I think it uses FAR fairing shielding when FAR is installed. Without FAR, there might be issues.

Can I just add heatshield the property/MODULE to the fairings part.cfg - do fairings burn up first or are they not shielding the payload against heat at all?

Last time I attempted to use a fairing was in RSS and stuff inside still gets warm and will explode anyway. You can use Procedural Parts to get heat shields of any size.